Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Hanthos View Post
I think anytime the 'face' of a game is let go or moves on, it is going to have an impact on the community. If anything can be taken from this as a positive, Elrar impacted a lot of people in a positive manner and that is something that should be remembered with fondness, not anger. The sad truth though, is that people are very resistant to change, especially when things are going well. At least on his front, things were well. There are some of us who have had to let people go or been involved in employee's moving on and it is difficult even in the best of circumstances for the rest of the staff. It's not always feasible or even legal to allow someone the opportunity to say good bye, as much as you might want to. I just hope that he lands on his feet soon and I'm confident that he will. Your dilemma now, is dealing with several communities that are looking for stability on their existing games and hope for the games they are waiting for. I have played Rift off and on since launch and am I anxiously awaiting the launch of ArcheAge. While all of the recent moves may be positive, you have to admit that they have been extreme and have carried a very high 'shock value' as they have been made. Some of us that are in rant-mode will calm down over the weekend and be able to start fresh on Monday. But we are in a position now of having fears of what will happen to our current game(s) as well as the one we have waited literally years for. It all falls on you now. As customers, we are very unsophisticated creatures that require a lot of delicate care and handling. Welcome to the jungle... btw: The people on these forums are not the only ones watching these threads or the livestreams (Hi Scott!) The unruly mob over at http://archeagesource.com/ are watching everything that has been going on with bated breath. You might want to stop in and say "Hi", I know of several folks that are turning blue...
Totally already said hi over at AA. :P And yes, I understand where you guys are coming from and I've done it before. That means I am experienced, not that you are going to think I slam dunk it 100% of the time.
Jump to post...