Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
Dahanese, what we really need right now are answers. While the community team has always been good about communicating the essentials and answering concerns, when there are major shifts you guys are entirely way too quiet. Everyone knew something was up before the F2P transition was announced because of the dead silence. And the latest batch of changes, from Hartsman coming back to offices being shut down has largely been discovered by other individuals with zero notification coming from you guys. We have no idea what's going on, and that leads to questions. Is the future of Trion and Rift guaranteed? Are you saying everything's fine now, but tomorrow will the doors be closed unexpectedly? I know those are dramatic examples and aren't likely, but it's easy to speculate when there is NO communication going out. We need more. Seriously. While I can only speak for myself, I *do* sort of feel betrayed about the whole Elrar thing. he may not have been terribly important in the grand scheme of things but he was the face of optimism and positivity, and he was fun. With him gone, the heart of this community just got ripped out. PLEASE do better. Please restore my faith in this company.
Okay, so, here's the deal: I believe in honesty. We all believe in honesty. The reason I started at Trion was because I believed in Scott Hartsman and after half an hour talking with him, he was a man I wanted to work with and someone I wanted to build something great with. There are times that news happens faster than us - there are also times (like this past week) where news should go first (it's largely a business thing.) But we're here to talk about the closings and reorganizational pieces as much as possible. I'm not going to be able to give you the exact details, but I want to let you guys know that this is part of a plan, helmed by Scott, and one I believe in. That doesn't mean it's always easy, or fun, but it will result in something better and greater than ever before. Scott told me that and I believe in him completely, so I'm telling you, and I hope because you know him, you believe it too. We all love RIFT - everyone on this team, Scott - everyone. It's not going anywhere or getting worse if we have anything to say about it. I'm not going to pretend today isn't a sad day for you guys. It is. And I want to be here for you in that. And I want to not just write walls of text without specific details but in this case, I don't have everything planned out perfectly yet so I can't tell you my finalized plans for a month from now. When I have them, I'll share them. Promise.
Jump to post...