Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
Hey guys, I think this thread has gone around and back again a few times at this point. The reality is this: We value all of our players who play the game without the intent to abuse others or our systems (both in & out of game) - but we also have to ensure that players feel they can enjoy all aspects of the game as well. Sometimes we have to make tough choices, but they are never made lightly. Some facts: Certain mechanization software/hardware being manned by an individual player to simultaneously play multiple clients across multiple machines (AKA multiboxing) is permitted. Complete automation of gameplay inputs achieved by software/hardware manipulation (manned or unmanned) and beyond the capabilities of a human operator is prohibited. What's the difference? One requires 1:1 input, the other creates its own inputs defined by parameters & generally does not require direct interaction from an individual. Can they overlap? To some extent - but the main distinction is that all actions in traditional multiboxing are originating and are controlled by a single individual through manual input which does not attempt to "trick" or bypass the game client itself. Crossing that line is where you breach our Terms of Service. I understand the distinction can be difficult to make & that you may disagree with what we feel is permissible. However, we do ask that - in order for these discussions to continue - you take the above into account when discussing how these actions affect RIFT. We have a great community here in RIFT, one that I have seen reconcile its differences countless times & learn to have fun without getting bogged down in petty disputes. It's easy to get lost in the argument of semantics or to be frustrated when in-game behavior spoils your entertainment - but if we're to have a sensible & constructive discourse we need the back-and-forth bickering to come to an end. Namecalling, shaming, mis-associating, and otherwise attempting to devalue the opinion of another is never tolerated - and not only that - is the absolute worst way to get your point across and demonstrate to us that we should place more value in the feedback you give. (Regardless of which side you're arguing for/against.) We're never all going to agree on everything - here or anywhere with a large enough sample of society - I think that's good overall, but keeping this in mind: It's important to be able to say your thoughts, agree to disagree, and move on. I appreciate you keeping this in consideration for future discussions and, from all of this, develop additional respect for the opinions of others & the proper way to discuss those differences or accept them as they are. All that said, I think this thread - and this entire topic for that matter - has run its course. Feel free to continue to provide feedback in the other thread on how the recent change has affected you, otherwise please consider moving on from this topic. We will be much less tolerant of prolonged debate on multiboxing unless it succeeds at remaining civil. constructive, & exploratory in nature. Thanks for your understanding,
Jump to post...