Quote Originally Posted by Cyzo View Post
It's that time of year, when a young raider's fancy turns to thoughts of PTS. Our plan is to allow entrance to the raid zones Monday and Tuesday of each week starting around 10 a.m. PST on Monday and ending around 10 a.m. Wednesday (or whenever one of us gets in the office). We will most likely have 1-3 encounters available each week depending on what and how much needs testing. We will be around during these times to watch raids, answer questions, and ask for specific mechanics to be tested. To increase your chances of getting some sweet, sweet 20 on 1 developer face time let us know 1.What time you will start your raid 2. Which encounter you plan to raid 3. How many players you have attending.The tentative schedule is to begin on this coming Monday, June 24th, depending on how PTS updates go. Dungeon Master makes a triumphant return and will be located next to the Porticulum in Tempest Bay ready to whisk you away. I will update you all with basic information of the available encounters when I know for certain that the PTS will be updated (which I probably won't know until next Monday). Also Mr. SL Raid 1 should hypothetically be sporting loot boxes with the most current best in slot equipment and runes.Pre-emptive Q&AQ:What kind of feedback is most helpful?A:There are all sorts of ways to constructively test content: Try and break everything. Use abilities that are common offenders such as spell reflects, teleports, and other game-breaking abilities that the class guys decide to add. See if you can bug out encounters by exploiting line of sight, using weird terrain, or any other method of getting an NPC in a bad state where it doesn't behave normally. General feelings towards specific mechanics. Keep in mind tuning will generally be way off the first time an encounter or mechanic is available.Q:Why Monday and Tuesday?A:Most raiding guilds clear content Wednesday-Sunday. We don't want to get in the way of normal raiding and also don't want to come in on the weekends!Q:Should we test even if we can't field 20 people?A:Absolutely. Mechanics can still be tested with fewer people. Normal amounts of tanks and healers are still recommended.Q:OMG why is the server lagging?A:We are probably hotloading new data onto the server to fix something.Q:Why is the earth boss shooting fireballs?A:Because all the VFX are still placeholders, our amazing VFX artist will replace them in the near future!Q:Why should I test your content?A:Because you love fun, you like to experience and help create exciting new encounters, you just can't get enough of me and Halvon, and because Daglar told me that MINDBLOWINGLY GREAT FEEDBACK could just MAYBE reward you with LOYALTY!
Jump to post...