Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
2.3 BREAKING CHANGES:Sorry for the short notice here! The feature just showed up on PTS for the first time and I'd never dream of scooping our PR department on feature announcements We've added a new bank feature called "Vaults", where you can get new bank tabs. Unfortunately, this breaks the addon API a little bit because the current item descriptor format expects a single main-vault layout.Rather than attempt to awkwardly shoehorn the new setup into the existing framework, resulting in an eternity of annoyances, I've decided to just do it the right way. So:In 2.3, every vault beyond #1 will simply be inaccessible to the addon system. This is your warning period to be prepared for the new system working In 2.3 hotfix 1, maybe a bit later, Item descriptors are gaining a new type, "Vault". Accessible through Utility.Item.Slot.Vault() as you'd expect - first number is the vault number, second number is the slot within that vault. The old "main bank" descriptors will still work as function parameters, but the Item events won't generate "main bank" descriptors anymore, they'll be generating the new Vault descriptor. At this point, any addon expecting main bank descriptors, or any addon that is unable to deal with the new Vault descriptors, will break.(For those who rely on the internal format of item descriptors, first, it's possible you shouldn't be doing that and it might break at some point in the future, and second, it looks like this - "sv02.003" - for the second vault, third slot.)The "main bank" descriptors will be removed entirely in a later patch, probably along with the usual deprecation cycle (which I'm currently intending to start in 2.4.)Again, sorry for the short notice!
Jump to post...