Quote Originally Posted by jlu View Post
Hi everyone,The reason we decided to move out the combat log to My Documents along with screenshots and movies was to comply with Windows guidelines that discourage writing user files to the game folder. There are certain scenarios where writing these files to the RIFT folder can be a problem (e.g. multiple user accounts running the game from the same directory overwriting each other, or running the game under a limited account with no write permissions to the RIFT folder).However, you bring up a good point regarding the need to control where these files are stored so that they don't fill up your main drives, which is especially important when you're using an SSD. Since that's a very reasonable request, I just added a new option to rift.cfg that you can use for this purposeocumentsDirectory = path to your desired folder (or . to use the game folder as before)This will be available on the next hotfix. Until then, you can use junctions or symbolic links as I explain on this thread.Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for the feedback!
Jump to post...