Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
Hello Aepervius, I am sorry to hear you're having issues getting RIFT running and would be happy to help get you back into the game! update2.triongames.com is still the patch server and if the ping test is resulting in no response I would imagine something on your computer is blocking RIFT from accessing the internet. This could potentially be an anti-virus or firewall program over extending itself. First off I'd like you to try booting your system into a clean boot state to see if it is in fact a background program or service causing the issue. You can do so by following the steps below, *Please Note* - If you have any biometric software (Fingerprint readers) on your system, you will want to make sure not to disable it. 1. Press the “Windows” + “R” keys simultaneously. 2. In the “Run” window that appears, type ""msconfig"" without the quotes and click “OK.” 3. In your resulting “System Configuration” window, click on the “Startup” tab. 4. Disable all of the programs that are unnecessarily run on computer startup. (Please note that your security software may be among the listed startup programs, and that you can always disable or enable additional software using this list before or after computer restarts). 5. Click on the “Services” tab. 6. Click on the checkbox next to ""Hide all Microsoft services."" This will remove all of the Microsoft services from the Services list and keep them from becoming disabled. 7. Click on the “Disable all” button. 8. Click “OK.” At this point it will prompt you to restart your computer, go ahead and do this and when the system comes back online please attempt to login and patch once more. Best regards, The Admiral
Jump to post...