Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
Hey folks just to clear up confusion:I completely redid the Race Around Fortune's Shore. I had some grandiose ideas for it and I thought it would be freakin awesome...and then when I got to the end of building it found that it was just too complex with not enough positive feedback to the user. My original idea was that each mount would make you immune to one type of obstacle with an ability that let you overcome another type, and then you could dodge the other two types. What really ended up happening though is that you just avoided the entire track. Canít blame you, I did the same thing lol. So, what happens now is that the mounts all have the same basic ability, a sprint. Two of them have long duration, long cool down and two of them have short duration short cool down. All of the obstacles are the same; they snare you (for less than they did before). Now you can use your abilities more often to go through obstacles, the legs of the race have more patterns so you can just dodge them. (for the most part)For someone just playing it, this wonít really matter but I figured Iíd explain the differences to those of you who have been testing it in itís previous iterations so you'd more easily understand what I changed instead of just thinking itís broken ;)Oh one other thing, the obstacles (red) all pulse, while the checkpoints (green) are steady. This is so that those of you who may be colorblind can still get a visual cue on the good and bad areas.
Jump to post...