Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
This is a reply to address a few different worries. First let me address Rising Waterfall specs. Once again I will state that we do not intend to ruin this spec, the intention is to have multiple builds that can match the glory and power that this build was achieving. The problem in doing that however is that this build was doing in some cases, 500-600 DPS more than other specs out there. When we started looking for ways to boost other specs up to reduce this incredibly large gap we discovered that we would either need to focus in areas that this spec did not touch, which meant very high end Paragon and Champion, or it meant we had to reduce the power of this spec to be closer to the other builds and then build all of them up together. So we identified unique aspects of this spec that were bloating it's numbers and we reduced the effectiveness of those features in a way that did not impact other specs that were already underperforming. By bringing it down to the levels of other specs, it allowed us to then bring all of them up to where it was before. The end result being that it is still doing the same damage it was before, but now other specs are also coming in at that same level, leaving players with more options. Now as I mentioned before, these first run of numbers are rough, so you may notice other builds now doing better in some circumstances or worse. As soon as we get these up on PTS, please play with them, test your numbers and see what's what. if RW is just not comparable to where it used to be, then please report that and we will address it. Second, let's talk about items. We intend Warriors to be getting 2 handers, and 1 handed weapons based on their preference. So do not feel bad about rolling on a 1 hand sword in a raid or a dungeon, you should be rolling on them, it was only our balance issues that were making Dual Wield not viable and so you were not trying to get these items. Now daggers on the other hand, you should not be rolling on. We intentionally did not give you PA specs for them to help make it clear that Daggers are intended for Rogues to play with. if you find yourselves wanting to roll on Daggers, please mention it, we should look into that. Third, I want to address the continued concerns about Fiery Burst. We did a balance pass on the damage done by just about every Warrior ability and the Bursts were probably the largest changes. The first thing that happened is that they now have appropriate AP scaling, the second thing that changed is that previously they did not gain increased Weapon Damage modification and now they gain Attack Power Modification, and the third thing that changes is that their damage value was reduced based on the fact that they are off the Global Cooldown. Once again these numbers are rough and so you may find that the changes are too much, or maybe not enough. The end result though should now be that you are not pigeonholed into using the Bursts, you should be using them because you want to, not because you have to.
Jump to post...