Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
I'm seeing some confusion over how certain numbers apply, so I will attempt to explain them.Physical Reductions
  • 3% Thick Skinned
  • 10% Shield of Faith
  • 18% Sovereignty
  • 31% Total
This is multiplicative with Armor. If your Armor reduced damage by 73.3%, this would result in a net Physical damage reduction of 81.577%. To understand how I got to that number:1 - ((1 - 0.31) * (1 - 0.733)) = 0.81577Non-Physical Reductions
  • 3% Thick Skinned
  • 10% Shield of Faith
  • 34% Thorvin's Law
  • Total = 47%
This is multiplicative with Resists. If your Resists reduced damage by 11.17%, this would result in a net Non-Physical damage reduction of 52.9201%. To understand how I got to that number:1 - ((1 - 0.47) * (1 - 0.1117)) = 0.529201As far as the general reasoning behind the reduction of avoidance in favor of mitigation: plain and simple, avoidance is unreliable. Not only does it make a healer's life difficult due to simple RNG, but we also have many boss attacks that cannot be avoided.The goal of these changes is not to reduce average DPS taken under perfect circumstances (though in most cases it is now a bit lower), but to make an unavoided attack reasonable instead of disastrous.
Jump to post...