Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
The two concerns listed so far seem to be. 1) What about Rogue Armor Penetration? Won't this make it better? 2) How can this be a fix? Why didn't you just increase Physical DPS? So let me address both of those real quick. 1) Rogue Armor Penetration affects Armor Value, not Armor Mitigation. This means that the Armor Value number you have on your character sheet gets reduced. The way we handle Armor Value in Rift is that as the value gets higher, it adds less and less value to actual armor mitigation. This value is not being changed at all, what is being changed is the mitigation percentage that is increased by Armor Value. the Armor Value is still being reduced by the same amount it used to be by armor penetration abilities. The outcome is slightly different but in none of our testing did Armor Penetration abilities ever gain enhanced effectiveness from this system. 2) Because the core of this problem was in the Armor Mitigation and how much it increases as you gain new sets of armor (each time we release new armor with higher armor values) this problem was just going to get worse. So if I added new Physical DPS onto Warrior abilities and talents, then in a couple months I would just have to increase it again. The problem would continue and get worse and require more and more extreme enhancements to balance it. Which would in turn have a severely negative impact on those wearing armor values that do not increase as much, such as Mages. So this problem had to be fixed before anything else was ever done. I mentioned in this chat a few months ago that I was going to be making small changes, steps in the right direction for getting these issues handled. This is one of those small steps. If this is not enough, and there is still an issue with Physical DPS then we will make further changes at an ability or talent level. And we will make those changes knowing that we have a stable base from which to work.
Jump to post...