Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
Ok so now that all of the patch notes are up I am starting this thread to get feedback. Please do not put feedback here for the Beastmaster changes or for any concerns about PVP abilities being gone with the removal of the PVP Souls. Those are valid concerns but I do not want to derail this thread with them. The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game. The second issue is the Physical damage in PVP. In exploring the issues that were at play here we found that behind all of them was the fact that we increase Armor values by far more on items post level 50 than we do Elemental defenses. The result was that in PVP players were dealing far more damage to one another with Elemental attacks that bypass armor than they were with Physical attacks. The result was that players no longer used Physical attacks and so Armor became useless. This problem came to the front because it needed to be fixed, and was only going to get worse. Because it would be fixed eventually, we decided that we needed to do it before we enhanced any Physical DPS on Souls so that we would not then have to re-nerf all of those fixes once the Armor issues were resolved. So the end result is that we have fixed the problems with Armor and it's exacerbation of Physical mitigation in PVP, resulting in increased Physical DPS. We need feedback on this and the impact it has as the ramifactions are wide spread. if there are significant issues with survivability or continuing issues with Physical DPS then please post those here so we can look at them as we move forward. Thank you all.
Jump to post...