Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers for moderation-related topics on the Rift forums.What is a Forum Warning?Warnings are issued for educational purposes. They are most often issued for first-time or minor violations of the Rift Rules of Conduct. Warnings are worth zero infraction points and do not count toward infraction point accrual.What is a Forum Infraction?Infractions are issued after a warning has been issued for the same type of violation, or for more serious or extreme violations of the Rift Rules of Conduct. Infractions result in the accrual of infraction points. Accruing infraction points can result in interruption of your forum account permissions by way of a temporary suspension, or permanent ban.Where can I view my Warnings and Infractions?Go to your Profile, then click on the "Settings" link. There, you will be able to see your warning and infraction history and all associated details.Do Warnings and Infractions ever expire?Yes, most warnings and infractions expire between 60 days and 90 days. When an infraction expires, the infraction point(s) associated with the infraction also roll off. You can view when an active warning or infraction will expire by going to your Profile and clicking on the "Settings" link.I want to talk to someone about a Warning/Infraction I received. Who should I contact?If you ever have a question or concern about a moderation action, we're happy to discuss it with you. We ask that you email us at community@riftgame.com so that we may have an open line of communication with you. Please remember to be respectful when you email the RIFT Community Team. Abusive emails will be ignored.Who should I contact if I want to request a Display Name change on the forums?It is the policy of the RIFT forums that we do not grant name changes to forum accounts. If you feel that a name change is a matter of security (e.g., your forum name is your email address) or one of personal safety, please send a PM to Walsingham to make a Display Name change request. Please include any pertinent information that will help substantiate the request.If you have any general questions regarding moderation policies or procedures that you feel should be added to this FAQ, please send a PM to Walsingham. Thank you!
Jump to post...