+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 52 of 52
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: [BUG Report] Virulent Haste Bug in Assassin Soul

  1. #46
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    In fact I think mage is possibly the most OP class right now given all their viable specs as a healer(using MA for 40% DR every 30secs. seems to be the thing now), powerful DPS with jam packed utility and survivability in warlock and harb, and MA runners utility.
    that's my opinion too. mage with tank buff do more than decent damage in harb and warlock and you can't ignore them. a tank harb take an eternity to kill and if you ignore it he will stunlock someone or the heal all day long all the wf. i've seen some frostkeeper mage (tornad) who does very good and are very long to kill too

    about SS, it buff rogue damage but imo in the ranged fight mess it's not really that important. plus assa is so boring to play i don't know how those rogues can keep to this soul (there is like zero "tricks" to do like assa rogue from Wow with ennemy in or out of stealth, etc because it takes ten years to go out of fight in rift pvp sometimes and because too much counter to CC)
    only problem (from my experience) is that it's like it's frozing my abilities so i can't really push my abilities (don't know if it's EU player experience, difference of latency between the 2 players, the fact to spam SS 2 or 3 times a gcd...i had this problem with rogues like Juicy and Niviak when they were playing)
    Last edited by sylaen; 01-12-2021 at 03:37 PM.

  2. #47
    Rift Chaser AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RycoRobyn View Post
    You are talking to Konstantene's one of many (forum) accounts. That's the same guy who's making use of the bug ever since he saw my post on the pvp forums. He's also the guy on the video Skone posted, who brags about how he "owns" someone using exactly that bug he's desperately trying to prevent to be fixed, and who Aedynn vigorously defends. No use arguing with these awful people. Wouldn't surprise me if they are actually the same guy.
    What's this have to do with the discussion? I the only person I see arguing here is you. this bug has been here for years and it's been brought to their attention for years.

    what someone does with their chars videos accounts is their business. Has no effect on you unless you let it. That seems to be the case.
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?

  3. #48
    Rift Chaser AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Weve discussed fixing the other callings in a long, but concise pvp thread. Aedyn already knows this which is why his pulling other things into this reported bug thread is just more BS.

    Melee does just fine in several, several warfronts. There are also several range-friendly warfronts. If a player is one-dimensionsal this severely hurts them. Also, even on some range-friendly maps like Karthan you can sit on spots if its capture the flag and do great as melee. The problem is players want to be melee all the time and dominate. Honestly and bluntly put, most the people with the “melee” sucks opinion are warrior mains that are used to going 15-0 and cant stand it when a wf make up is against them spamming that macro moving at super speed and bursting players sown with the lowest burst CD’s in game. Add healers into the equation and what do you do to a calling that normally dominates in several wf’s anyways? Buff them more?

    I melee on my rogue, specifically NB which has breakable, 30 second stealth and no escape. Meaning once i un stealth Im vulnerable and its me running after ranged kiters. It does have 20 m range, but its melee is more damage so you want to actually be melee ing. It plays very well on certain maps. I.e. melee does work if you switch it up.

    Comparing sin to warrior is not a comparison to me. Warriors are broken once geared. Sins are not. The exploit is broken. And a sin can go on longer then your saying your forgetting bloodthirsty procs. By exploiting the sin takes next to no damage off of one player by stunning them and killing them in short order. In fact, another player could be beating on them at the same time but that sin will proc bloodthirsty, slip away, then come back out a couple seconds later full energy all CDs and repeat. Some players go over a million self heals from bloodthirsty.

    How many rogues out there doing this? Several, but it only takes 1 to play for hours on end. No one likes facing an unbeatable opponent (unless your playing harb or a broken chanter, which we all know are both unbalanced).

    Summary: This report is just on one bug, but there is a larger report in the pvp section. Its not just focused on fixing one thing. Warrior has many things asked to be fixed. Its two ranged souls could use a “slight” buff. The problem with warrior ranged is the expectation. Lets face it. Warriors expect to blow people up easy, in short order. The ranged is actually more balanced but not overpowered and hence not played. Id say a 20% buff to their ranged souls would make them good but not OP, just like warlock dots could use a 20% nerf imo.
    What are you talking about the sin will come back couple secs later with full cd's?
    Do you play sin? slip away doesn't refresh all cd's

    I'd like to see some examples of you playing warrior and sin. To reach a place where a warrior can establish a high melee up time that's reasonable especially in a full game is a task not many players know how to attain or care to reach.

    one serious issues is low number games compared to high numbered game the global damage as a whole should be dynamic and lower slightly during a full game.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 01-12-2021 at 04:17 PM.
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?

  4. #49
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    that's my opinion too. mage with tank buff do more than decent damage in harb and warlock and you can't ignore them. a tank harb take an eternity to kill and if you ignore it he will stunlock someone or the heal all day long all the wf. i've seen some frostkeeper mage (tornad) who does very good and are very long to kill too

    about SS, it buff rogue damage but imo in the ranged fight mess it's not really that important. plus assa is so boring to play i don't know how those rogues can keep to this soul (there is like zero "tricks" to do like assa rogue from Wow with ennemy in or out of stealth, etc because it takes ten years to go out of fight in rift pvp sometimes and because too much counter to CC)
    only problem (from my experience) is that it's like it's frozing my abilities so i can't really push my abilities (don't know if it's EU player experience, difference of latency between the 2 players, the fact to spam SS 2 or 3 times a gcd...i had this problem with rogues like Juicy and Niviak when they were playing)
    Ive had the same issue on mostly people abusing exploits where you click on things and it doesnt work. Im in NA so its probably something to do with this isnt intended.

    I rank mage as 2nd most powerful calling only because warrior has 3 really awesome souls and the absolute hands down best tanky healing soul. Mage does have nasty warlock and harb, agreed. 2nd best healer in game too.

    I think most you guys are missing the point though. We already know sin is not the highest priority for asking for fixes. Its the fact that this is absolutely a bug, not intended, yet Gamigo isnt even acknowledging it. I know you guys disagree with me on hackers but seriously, these guys dont even send a nod our way for a proven unintentional bug. Anyone could cheat let alone exploit. No dev or Cm dared reply to any of my many posts on cheating. They wont touch the subject. Itd be a joke anyways to tell me they have a 10 year old program in place that surely works with no one even looking at it. Huge chunks of this game are ignored (the existing game not talking new content).

    At any rate tried to get one thing (emphasis ONE THING) fixed and cant even do that. I guess they are too busy trying to make up interesting useless patch notes.

  5. #50
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    What are you talking about the sin will come back couple secs later with full cd's?
    Do you play sin? slip away doesn't refresh all cd's

    I'd like to see some examples of you playing warrior and sin. To reach a place where a warrior can establish a high melee up time that's reasonable especially in a full game is a task not many players know how to attain or care to reach.

    one serious issues is low number games compared to high numbered game the global damage as a whole should be dynamic and lower slightly during a full game.
    When I came back I mostly played my cleric, rogue, and mage. I quit playing my warrior around 2015 when they diual nerfed my pull-kicking and Reaver. Ive told this before I would go 30-0 in warfronts and generally speaking I was massacring everyone. At tgis time I was pretty much tops for playing warrior (people of course come and go). I had guilds complaining about me-other players who wanted to join me would laugh and tell me. I could go into excruciating detail as to why I was able to do this, but unless you want an excerpt on the tactics involved and skill to which Im still the only one doing it in wfs. If anyone has been pull kicked by me on Arel, just imagine a warlord, Paragon, or RB able to isolate players individually. At that time warlord pull could be specced for longer so I was moving players 44 meters I think it was.

    At any rate I find warrior boring now a dev nerfed me and I quit playing soon after. There is a reason pulls and pushes suddenly got put on CD in late 2015. I ran rampant for 4 months then snap. I only mention this because Im not geared on my warrior I dont have the time to gear so many toons I concentrated on the other 3. I.e. its not rare for me to top multiple wfs in kills on all 3 of my toons what do you think would happen if I geared up my warrior?

    On a real note the game is about cooldowns. You should not be trying to attain high melee uptime unless pocket healed or able to go from kill to kill by blowing up easy to kill players proccing bloodthirsty to fight harder vets. You should be utilizing all the charges and ports and leap in warrior to run in gain a kill and escape. Thats how I played warrior and currently NB. Even if you dont top heals your still a tough as nails player and contribute a lot. Target switching is something players seem to lack understanding of, but its also a skill. Ask Kronos even today I unloaded on hom and another player trying to capture the Blight flag. I literally 1 v 2 him because I procced bloodthirsty off the other easier player by target switching. He knows what hes doing. Im just saying there are tactics people no longer use that make or break melee. I could go on about what more to do.

    Disclaimer: I am by no means the best at any of the callings. I am referring to a timeframe in the game.

  6. #51
    Rift Chaser AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post

    On a real note the game is about cooldowns. You should not be trying to attain high melee uptime unless pocket healed or able to go from kill to kill by blowing up easy to kill players proccing bloodthirsty to fight harder vets. You should be utilizing all the charges and ports and leap in warrior to run in gain a kill and escape. Thats how I played warrior and currently NB. Even if you dont top heals your still a tough as nails player and contribute a lot. Target switching is something players seem to lack understanding of, but its also a skill. Ask Kronos even today I unloaded on hom and another player trying to capture the Blight flag. I literally 1 v 2 him because I procced bloodthirsty off the other easier player by target switching. He knows what hes doing. Im just saying there are tactics people no longer use that make or break melee. I could go on about what more to do.

    Disclaimer: I am by no means the best at any of the callings. I am referring to a timeframe in the game.
    I disagree with your first statement. Why would you remove the ability for a player to express the way they wanna play? if a player wants to trade off a little damage for more melee up time that should be fine. having a pocket healer to make a spec or a style of play viable imo isn't great for the game either. Pvp should a blank canvas for the player within reason this is why we have low numbers because all it is cookie-cutter ranged specs all day occasionally healer comes in and team fights are a joke. all styles of play should be viable with no conditions. Its no wonder why we have low numbers of ppl doing nothing but with the grain styles of play there's a few outliers yes. people complain all the time to me about my shield but lets put it into perspective here. Nearly no one is staying in melee as long as I am and you can't take this to the bank. What your gonna complain that someone is staying in melee too long give me a break. the problem is the community no one can universally agree on a simplified action plan. This is why I grew to defend assassin a little bit people are so stuck in their mold all they want is just be left alone pew pewing their ranged specs and never be taken out suddenly by someone able to focus their whole char into a single moment. specs like riftblade are being complained about because theres a few extremely;y great players like glowver or expected that play this spec exceptionally well. this isn't your average player these are among the best riftblades in the world. the ppl complaining about riftblades i highly doubt would attain the same level of performance, balance it sure but lets put this community into perspective. Ive been melee since day 1 of this game.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 01-13-2021 at 08:47 AM.
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?

  7. #52
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I disagree with your first statement. Why would you remove the ability for a player to express the way they wanna play? if a player wants to trade off a little damage for more melee up time that should be fine. having a pocket healer to make a spec or a style of play viable imo isn't great for the game either. Pvp should a blank canvas for the player within reason this is why we have low numbers because all it is cookie-cutter ranged specs all day occasionally healer comes in and team fights are a joke. all styles of play should be viable with no conditions. Its no wonder why we have low numbers of ppl doing nothing but with the grain styles of play there's a few outliers yes. people complain all the time to me about my shield but lets put it into perspective here. Nearly no one is staying in melee as long as I am and you can't take this to the bank. What your gonna complain that someone is staying in melee too long give me a break. the problem is the community no one can universally agree on a simplified action plan. This is why I grew to defend assassin a little bit people are so stuck in their mold all they want is just be left alone pew pewing their ranged specs and never be taken out suddenly by someone able to focus their whole char into a single moment. specs like riftblade are being complained about because theres a few extremely;y great players like glowver or expected that play this spec exceptionally well. this isn't your average player these are among the best riftblades in the world. the ppl complaining about riftblades i highly doubt would attain the same level of performance, balance it sure but lets put this community into perspective. Ive been melee since day 1 of this game.
    I think you misunderstood my post.

    My warrior, who utilized utility in 2015, was not optimized. I gave up dps by going into warlord and tempest deep enough for the kick. I used legitimate game abilities, however, to express how I could play. Game bugs and exploits not intended are just that. I had a paragon version as well. All of my builds are offshoot builds. I encourage creativity, within ethical bounds.

    You also misunderstand that in several wf’s melee is perfectly fine. Its the ranged wf’s you are having issues with. You have to switch your build up depending on the wf, or yes you suffer. Just like I cant play range very efficiently in the pro melee wf’s. I play my ranged build in pro ranged wf’s and my melee build in pro melee wf’s. Its not that bad once you get used to this. Even i dont optimize my gameplay because I refuse to play cookie cutter builds. I try my own version and if it doesnt work out I dont play it, like bladedancer. Ever see me running around on a cookie cutter BD or exploiting sin SS in a wf? Nope. You will see me on Nb though usually performing very well if Im not on a derpy team. Hence melee does work without exploits just dont force it in wf’s that are pro ranged.

    As for RB there are too many extremely good players once more warriors get fragged up. That doesnt mean there just happens to be that many good players who happen to play RB, or warlord, or paragon for that matter. It means the souls ease of use is extremely high for low skill. Id rather enjoy high skill = high output not low skill = automatically your a much better player for choosing this or that soul.

    Even though I mostly played warrior in 2015 you know whats changed? Pretty much nothing concerning how you play it. All the lazy devs did was up the damage to match inflated HP. Tons of dps got thrown into the 40 and 61 pointers and you just passively hit for more vs. higher HP players. My point is Its no different then when i was playing at a high level in 2015. I jumped in a couple wfs months ago with frags literally for casters (RNG sucks) and performed as well as Dragnos playing paragon (I view him as competent). Hes much more geared then me, however. If they ever fix gearing sure Ill pick up my warrior again and show you how I played it.

    I cannot show you assassin I was never interested in its gameplay. You would have to ask a better player then me to show you how abusable it really is. I cannot play every single soul to its highest potential, not even close. My experience actually mostly lies in healing.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-14-2021 at 05:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts