+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nafeesh

Thread: a missing item on your list -> a chance for gem shop sales

Shadowlander

Exclamation [SOLVED] read my first and last posting

i'm a dimension builder and have recently added pvp mode by buying items for gems, because i thought it would be fun ... as always: "but" ...

you can enter pvp mode by clicking on the flag in your dimension, but HOW DO YOU LEAVE PVP MODE? - when you are in pvp mode, you can't continue to build your dimension. but a creative builder likes and has to test things, so the solution can't be: don't enter pvp mode and don't touch the f...ing flag.

> i bought a death zone item for gems, but death makes you only respawn and you keep the pvp mode.

> i bought a match starting item for gems, but a match doesn't start, when you are alone to build your dimension and you do -of course- continue to keep the pvp mode.

-> WOULD YOU KINDLY ADD A PVP REMOVING ITEM FOR DIMENSIONS ... and i will have to buy this too
    Last edited by Nafeesh; 09-15-2020 at 02:12 AM.

Mentoring should remove your PvP status. Try mentoring down and then clearing it back to your original level. See if that works for you.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Shadowlander

Unhappy if things would be this easy ...

i tried your suggested solution myself of course - sry for not mentioning this.

- you mentor down:
    game messages informs you about leaving pvp mode, it removes the pvp icon from portrait and death area stops working ... but dimension building isn't back for working on your dimension.

- you mentor up to 70 again:
    game message informs about re-entering pvp mode, but pvp icon isn't back again and death area continues to stop working too ... and as you might have imagined: dimension building isn't back for working on your dimension either.

what a mess!

Shadowlander

Smile almost fixed atm

there was a small downtime or better to say an interruption of the game. things changed since then:

(+) Dominion Banner (gold or lion banner):
    you can switch between pvp mode and building as often as you like.

(+) Oathsworn Banner (silver or ram banner)
    you can switch between pvp mode and building as often as you like.

(-) Nightfall Banner (copper or falcon banner)
    no matter if you click it first or last ... you can't switch between pvp mode and building once you click it. this banner still acts like described above.

and lastly ... i am enormously impressed, how fast gamigo is able to react in this case. imagine: an issue almost fixed within hours (background story: i am waiting for a fix in another case almost 11 weeks!!!)
    Last edited by Nafeesh; 09-14-2020 at 04:09 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nafeesh View Post
    and lastly ... i am enormously impressed, how fast gamigo is able to react in this case. imagine: an issue almost fixed within hours (background story: i am waiting for a fix in another case almost 11 weeks!!!)
    I somehow doubt this was fixed by Gamigo in the middle of the night. Temporary bug that fixed itself, pretty much guaranteed. These yokels don't even notice when entire server clusters go down for hours at a time.

Shadowlander

Cool SOLVED, not fixed

thx marginalsteve!
    your words made me thinking and of course testing ...

well, i got it right and found the solution. the remainig Nightfall Banner (copper or falcon banner) is working too now.
    maybe there is a strange interference with the overlapping of the jump-target-item and the pvp-port/ destination-item. anyway, i separated them and tried different positions for the pvp destination item.

my transport system is working perfectly now:

- pvp teleportation by flag (but beware of the hidden death area in a special location)
    - pve large distance jumps by plattforms
    - pve elevators of different hights
    - and a hub in the center (almost like a little central station)

i'm so proud of this transport system as it makes my dimension usable for different purposes or simply to access bank + postbox + craftingstations instantly and easily.

just test it yourself:

DIMENSION
    NAME____no fix yet | bug report 02.july
    OWNER__elanari
    NAME might change, but elanari has only one big dimension (and a little "joke dimension").
    Last edited by Nafeesh; 09-15-2020 at 02:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread