+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rocketman76

Thread: Summerfest: Cannot complete Mathosian Scavenger Hunt Part 1

Soulwalker

Default Summerfest: Cannot complete Mathosian Scavenger Hunt Part 1

I started both Hunt1 and the bug quests with no event tracking or visuals (yellow circles for bug hunts) working. Using guides & manually pulling "diminishers" I got through the quests & almost all the Hunt1.

On the final quest Stillmoor - take a lap around Stillmoor, I was able to accept the quest from Oswald Greeb but again no visuals; no waypoints appeared and I tried to run the map guessing where they were but nojoy. I have no quest being tracked so I can't cancel or reset it. Unless there's something obvious & easy I missed it looks like the entire Summerfest for my rogue is ruined. I'm not motivated to even try with my alts now.

Any help out there?
    Last edited by Rocketman76; 07-16-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Follow Up

I was able to complete Hunt1 by running a different character through it and carefully writing down the waypoint coordinates. I re-ran it with my rogue and moved around the waypoint area until each invisible waypoint triggered.

Now, I moved on to The Great Empyrean Scavenger Hunt Part 1 and again I have no visible event tracker and no quest(s) in the quest log, which was nearly empty to begin with.
    HOW do I recover the event tracker and quests? I can't run the rest of this event blind.

Have you checked Settings > Interface > Display > "Auto-Add Quest Tracking"? Make sure that's checked, similar issues have happened to me because that somehow got unchecked.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kelyk View Post
    Have you checked Settings > Interface > Display > "Auto-Add Quest Tracking"? Make sure that's checked, similar issues have happened to me because that somehow got unchecked.
    Good catch. I do have that checked, so I unchecked/applied and rechecked/applied and still nothing. I'm playing blind & close to rage quit. I found 4 Endless Summer parties in Draumheim & could not get credit. Now I've been shard hopping for a couple of hours waiting for the Stay Frosty hut to spawn, but I'm probably just hosed. I can't even cancel anything and start all over.
    There's nothing to cancel.

I have the same issues: none of the quests will show on my quest log or my quest stickies tracking list.
    With help from Caduto's awesome site, I was able to find all quest givers in each zone (these quests were again not listing), and complete all weeklies, except for the one in Goboro Reef (No Strings Attached). This one has an ability on the quest sticky, and given that that one doesn't show at all... I can't click the ability.

I can't finish the quest, and thus not the bracelet quest "The Great Planar Scavenger Hunt Part 1"

A little annoying, to be fair. Hope it'll get fixed soon.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Karsplat View Post
    except for the one in Goboro Reef (No Strings Attached). This one has an ability on the quest sticky, and given that that one doesn't show at all... I can't click the ability.
    What I've been doing is checking the quest log even though none of the event quests show and go through Quest Items bar looking for interactives,etc.and manually put it on my tool bar. You may have an interactive stuck in there. Good luck.

I'm very close to rage quit -- an event that's been running for years should not be broken for my rogue. What's frustrating is that everything looks fine for one of my alts.

I didnt have problem with Mathosian part 1 or bug hunt but The Great Empyrean Scavenger Hunt Part 1 i did all the quests and got the 25 merit badges each time i was using Cadrift so i didnt even notice the tracker was gone but when i did last one i didnt get any the quest complete credit to turn it in and i noticed in tempest bay the quest is back up for me even tho i did all 11 quests already. I saw a few times in chat last night about switching shards and losing quests so maybe that's it but that would be asking alot for us to complere a whole quest line of 11 quests without switching shards once to do other events going on like vp.

Soulwalker

Default Summation

So my rogue was finally able to finish by relying on Cadrift coordinates and running my primalist through a few quests to get information. The last two hurdles were in The Great Planar Scavenger Hunt: Endless Summer - I found the beach party 4 times but could not get credit. Again no quest log, tracker. I moved on to Stay Frosty and after 40 minutes of shard hopping could not get it to spawn. I left the toon there overnight & received credit for Stay Frosty the next moring then re-ran Endless Summer & got credit (still no visual interface). When I did the daily bug crushing, the visuals were back! I've since used my primalist and mage and had no issues.

Some of my guildmates have complained that they have problems when they shard hop in the Event. Like losing the quest & having to re-select it. It's scary that an old event can have so many new problems. I'm crossing my fingers for my warrior & cleric Summerfest runs.

Mine completed and I got no credit for it and not only that the quest was back up as new in Tempest Bay, I scrolled back up the chat and took screenshots of the last 2 quests showing as finshed and turned in with ticket for credit but with my luck with turning in tickets for credit i don't know if they will give it to me or not. Old Trion used to fix everything now these guys just give me excues.
    Last edited by Soylent Green; 07-18-2020 at 05:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Frustration - Part 2

So this problem/bug persists in Part 2 now. I have no quests in the quest log, no quest assist, no map assists, nothing. I'm flying blind again with just using cadrift and guessing!

If there are any locations that you just cant figure out please let me know and i will do my best to add them to the cadrift guide.

sorry you guys are effected by this

Soulwalker

Default Thank you!

Caduto - thanks for trying to help. My rogue never would have gotten through Part 1 without cadrift. My rogue now is dead in the water on the City Core quest - A race through the core. With no map aids (circles, pointers, nothing) I time out while blindly running around looking for flags.

Even though my alts work fine, handicapping my main toon this way and having no support available (are tickets even looked at now?) was the last straw. I have other games to play & new ones are coming out. Sadly Rift is falling from maintenance mode to death watch.

kk, i will do city core next and sort you out some waypoints

edit: all done!
    Last edited by caduto; 08-01-2020 at 02:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread