+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mystery Box: Landquarium Wonders -> skin texture bug: Living Great Oak

Shadowlander

Exclamation Mystery Box: Landquarium Wonders -> skin texture bug: Living Great Oak

objects in dimensions have 3 stages of skin to show the level of interaction:
    1. normal skin texture like environement
    2. bright/ light/ silvery skin, when you hover over it (just to identify it)
    3. purple/ pink skin additional to number 2., when you have klicked and selected the item to work with it

>>> SKIN TEXTURE BUG: Living Great Oak *:
    you have exchanged number 1. with number 2. ... as a result the great oak walks around with silver skin permanently and looks like a ghost - but when you hover over it, it gets the normal skin, which it should have by default. ... you want us to hover the mouse permanently over it, when we like to enjoy its normal texture? seriously?!!!
    i guess it is only a n error with some wrong set checkboxes and can be fixed fast and without spending much time/ work.

it is bad, because i paid 100 EUR to get this item from this mystery-lootbox. pple may say, it was stupid to pay that much and i will never do it again - except you fix this texture bug. ... so, it is up to you, if you like to make more money!

------------------------
    *yes, i did all repair and reset procedures.

Shadowlander

Default work in progress?

maybe it is just an issue of copy 'n paste ...?
    have seen other great oaks in rifts with somehow equal skin texture modification (like described above) ...

could find the origin npc,
    read below my posting (sept 4th)
    Last edited by Nafeesh; 09-04-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Shadowlander

Angry just a reminder: a call to act!

devs have been busy recently in preparing summerfest - ok, i understand.
    devs are now somehow busy with bugfixes in the first week of summerfest - i understand this too ... but:

i check the skin texture bug: Living Great Oak (like described above) each week after reset - nothing chnaged yet.

i will report this here each week and my disappointment grows each week too - CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?!

just check my dimension! i do almost nothing else than working on my dimension ... it is truely like my home to me ...

name: * ELYSIUM *
    owner: ELANARI

Shadowlander

Exclamation * R.I.P. | thx@all | gl+hf *

am online after weekly reset ... no fix yet ... Living Great Oak is still ugly af ... i will stop complaining soon

doctor told me to take care of my life + remaining issues ... dont know, how much time is left ... will try to build my dimension as gd as i can to keep my mind busy ... am sure, tht i will not be able to finish it

changed the name of my dimension, which explains everything

name: * R.I.P. | thx@all | gl+hf *
    owner: elanari

Shadowlander

Angry am back + bug still exists too

am back - thx goes to my wonderful doc.

(+) got some nice support from gamers, thx.

(+) my doc worked on innovative treatment with new medicine. he is slightly positive, but doesn't like to make promisses.

(-) rift forum management and devs keep being silent and the bug still exists after all these weeks ... there is no need for action, because they got my money already - is it really like this guys?

Shadowlander

Angry WEEK EIGHT - no fix | bug reported 02.july

i explained the bug very clearly in the initial message on 02.july.2020 - nothing happenbed since then. it's not a game crashing fatal error, it's a skin texture bug

... but A VERY UGLY BUG, WHICH CRASHES IMMERSION AND CAUSES VISUAL HEADACHES

... and THE LOOT-BOX IS A PRODUCT WITH A REPORTED MALFUNCTION, WHICH GAMIGO CONTUINUES TO SELL ALTHOUGH THEY KNOW ABOUT THE ERROR

... but hey, DON'T WE HAVE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS ...?

on the other hand ... guess what happens, if gamigo recognises an error, which causes them a loss of money? - they fix it within only one day as it was proven by them!

gamigo can do as many campaigns to safe the rainforest or to support black pple - it's a ridiculous attempt to polish a non existing image ... not worth the time of the PR-department unless gamigo changes their attitude towards their player base concerning communication and bug fixing.

---------------------------------------------

so ... i changed the name of my dimension once again to reflect this issue

NAME: no fix | bug reported 02.july
    OWNER: elanari

---------------------------------------------

(thread backup done in case of a sudden loss)
    Last edited by Nafeesh; 08-28-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Telaran

Mystery Box: Landquarium Wonders -> skin texture bug: Living Great Oak-2020-08-29_135720.jpg
    As the screenshot shows its an actual problem. The textures as described has been reversed. the actual NPC isn't what the preview shows

Shadowlander

Exclamation thank you lavasmeril

thank you lavasmeril for your support with the screenshot.

i could find the ingame npc, which was the copy/paste origin for the "living great oak" (looks like a ghostly great oak by default):

MAP_______Gloamwood
    LOCATION__north of the mill, ( "/setwaypoint 4332 2494" )
    NPC-NAME__Graveroot Ancient

to specify the skin texture bug:
    - the WOODEN BODY is messed up like described in the initial post from july 2nd
    - the LEAVES are working correctly, showing default skin and getting highlighted silver skin, when you hover over it

check the "living great oak" in my dimension and the "graveroot ancient" in gloamwood map.
    this skin texture bug exists in dimensions + ingame.
    let's see, how long we have to wait for the patch to fix it.

DIMENSION
    NAME____no fix yet | bug report 02.july
    OWNER__elanari
    Last edited by Nafeesh; 09-04-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Shadowlander

Angry week 10

seriously ... ten weeks and hundreds of views - no reaction ... wtf

lootbox landquarium with a buggy item is back in the shop

wether the internal communication isn't working or
    gamigo doesn't care about our issues and the
    reported, proven and obvious bugs.

check the "living great oak" in my dimension and
    the "graveroot ancient" in gloamwood map (in the water north of the mill).
    this SKIN TEXTURE BUG EXISTS INGAME AND IN DIMENSIONS TOO.

DIMENSION
    OWNER__elanari
    Last edited by Nafeesh; 09-11-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nafeesh View Post
    wether the internal communication isn't working or
    gamigo doesn't care about our issues
    It's a combination of both.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Shadowlander

Angry what else ...

was busy last week with medical treatment, but one thing rests the same: gamigo (being silent + doing nothing about the reported, proven and by many gamers confirmed bug).

allthough things could be solved easily in two steps concerning the skin texture bug of the tree trunk/ wooden part of the "living great oak" part :

-> change the surface behaviour from metallic shimmer to matt like cloth.

-> switch the skin attribute from being silver/ highlighted to the usual default mode like all other npc in dimension have (as described in my first, initial posting from july 2nd)

objects in dimensions have 3 stages of skin to show the level of interaction:
    1. normal skin texture like environement
    2. bright/ light/ silvery skin, when you hover over it (just to identify it)
    3. purple/ pink skin additional to number 2., when you have klicked and selected the item to work with it

>>> SKIN TEXTURE BUG: Living Great Oak *:
    you have exchanged number 1. with number 2. ... as a result the great oak walks around with silver skin permanently and looks like a ghost - but when you hover over it, it gets the normal skin, which it should have by default.

Shadowlander

Angry if words do not count, check screenshots

Living Great Oak (npc)
    - with skin texture bug on wooden body part
    - in normal standing position
    -> leaves on head are ok compared to statue
    -> wooden body part is shimmering like metallic very strong, which gives a highlighted/ sliver skin impression
    -> direct comparission shows now, that the origin of the skin texture bug is more likely the metallic shimmering skin than a mixing of touched/ untouched switch of the skin by hovering the cursor over the model

Deanimated Treant 02 (statue)
    - position with rising hands high
    - used here as a comparison with the great oak and to show, how the living great oak should look like

three screenshots with splitscreen (left in shades, right in light)
    (1) both default
    (2) highlighted npc
    (3) highlighted statue

(1)Mystery Box: Landquarium Wonders -> skin texture bug: Living Great Oak-1.-both-untouched-default.jpg
    (2)Mystery Box: Landquarium Wonders -> skin texture bug: Living Great Oak-2.-highlighted-npc.jpg
    (3)Mystery Box: Landquarium Wonders -> skin texture bug: Living Great Oak-3.-highlighted-statue.jpg
    Last edited by Nafeesh; 09-26-2020 at 01:11 AM.

Plane Walker

DIMENSION
    OWNER__elanari
    What shard is your dimension on?

A lot of dimension items are buggy, such as most of the cobweb items and the cobwebs in the Harrow Crypt dimension. They look fine in low rez mode but not in the preferred, high rez mode.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...bweb-wall.html

You might want to post your problem in the Dimensions Forum and see if others have a solution.

Shadowlander

Exclamation chances are ...

hi zornar,

finding my dimension is quite easy (on EU cluster, german shard: brutwacht):

game menue > social > dimension ...

- there you click public (weekly) and you find my dimension listed among the top ten or
    - you choose public (always) and you put the name elanari in the search option.

concerning the second part of your post ... how to find a solution other than adjusting graphical settings? - but if the settings fit well on the living great oak (suppressing the metallic shimmer and the reflections of light, which give the impression of glowing), how will it effect all other items? - no! adjustments have to be done on gamigo side by fixing the skin texture bug!

and by the way ... if they do not fix the bug of a lootbox item, which gives them sales (because it can be placed in all dimension as often as you buy it) how are your chances for a fix/ patch of an item in one place of a single dimension? - quite bad, i guess!
    Last edited by Nafeesh; 09-28-2020 at 10:37 AM.

are you sure its a bug, i think it looks pretty
    shiny boi likes to stand out in the forest of bland

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast