+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lineage Aflame quest broken

Soulwalker

Still broken.

Soulwalker

Default still broken 09 august 2020

Need a fix
    i've made ticket to gamigo this day so fix it or close your game if you don't want to work on it this bug is live since january and is blocking in the story because it's a story quest ...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by alkech View Post
    Need a fix
    i've made ticket to gamigo this day so fix it or close your game if you don't want to work on it this bug is live since january and is blocking in the story because it's a story quest ...
    Lol everything I told Tarantyme or whatever his name was never, ever got fixed. Was really good at responding though. I think he had good intentions, just an upper corporate that shredded his reports immediately.

Personally, I think the best thing for this game is for everyone thinking of quitting to do so. Its actually pretty insulting, blatantly so, that the focus for a long time now is simply sales vs. only fixing game breaking things (game breaking as in whole game shuts down). Its only running off the whales who keep coming up with pipe dream ideas that will never come to fruition. They cant even fix basic things at this point.

Soulwalker

Default Broken for me too

Guys, keep in mind that the original responder, GM Taerentym, has left the RIFT team.

At the risk of assuming the worst of the overall RIFT team though, the staff that advises Elariok appears to have other priorities.

Anyway... there was a broken carnage quest, of all things, that got resolved about a month ago. I'm not immediately certain as to why a carnage quest would represent a greater developmental priority as opposed to a story-related quest, but maybe the leadership or development team knows something that I don't.

I know relatively little about programming and development, but is it possible that carnage quests are easier to fix than story quests because they are relatively self-contained and don't rely on too many dependencies? A carnage quest, after all, is accepted as soon as you kill a required creature (or one of several), and finished after you kill everything required.

A story quest, on the other hand, is probably not that simple to fix. Story quests are inevitably links in a programming chain, requiring the first quest in the chain to be finished so that the next will unlock. Lineage Aflame, to my understanding, is the ninth in a chain of 28. So I'm wondering, from a developmental point of view, what challenges lay in between 1) a playerbase that recognizes that a problem exists and 2) a viable fix.

Nonetheless, I know a few of us are still waiting for a fix. I'm just trying to consider what may be the biggest technical obstacles to such a fix.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Origamist View Post
    Guys, keep in mind that the original responder, GM Taerentym, has left the RIFT team.

At the risk of assuming the worst of the overall RIFT team though, the staff that advises Elariok appears to have other priorities.

Anyway... there was a broken carnage quest, of all things, that got resolved about a month ago. I'm not immediately certain as to why a carnage quest would represent a greater developmental priority as opposed to a story-related quest, but maybe the leadership or development team knows something that I don't.

I know relatively little about programming and development, but is it possible that carnage quests are easier to fix than story quests because they are relatively self-contained and don't rely on too many dependencies? A carnage quest, after all, is accepted as soon as you kill a required creature (or one of several), and finished after you kill everything required.

A story quest, on the other hand, is probably not that simple to fix. Story quests are inevitably links in a programming chain, requiring the first quest in the chain to be finished so that the next will unlock. Lineage Aflame, to my understanding, is the ninth in a chain of 28. So I'm wondering, from a developmental point of view, what challenges lay in between 1) a playerbase that recognizes that a problem exists and 2) a viable fix.

Nonetheless, I know a few of us are still waiting for a fix. I'm just trying to consider what may be the biggest technical obstacles to such a fix.
    Its not a technical obstacle more so, but rather a lack of manpower, which is woefully obvious. Im pretty certain they only have enough workers to address global game changing bugs and to implement new sales. Sales marketing has a more consistent post then patch notes as a point, showing where all the effort is going while everything else gets ignored.

They most most likely only bring in fixers as needed and someone to patch in the same events we've all seen in the past. These same people most likely rotate from one maintenance mode game to the next doing the same stuff, and aren't permanently assigned to Rift. Hence the game breaking down slowly.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Its not a technical obstacle more so, but rather a lack of manpower, which is woefully obvious. Im pretty certain they only have enough workers to address global game changing bugs and to implement new sales. Sales marketing has a more consistent post then patch notes as a point, showing where all the effort is going while everything else gets ignored.

They most most likely only bring in fixers as needed and someone to patch in the same events we've all seen in the past. These same people most likely rotate from one maintenance mode game to the next doing the same stuff, and aren't permanently assigned to Rift. Hence the game breaking down slowly.
    I mean yeah, just like any other business they're suffering from the inevitable need to prioritize only what's profitable at the moment, thus perpetuating the vicious cycle of players not wanting to spend money on a broken game, and management not wanting dev to "waste time" on fixing the finer details of what no one's paying for.

I can only hope Gamigo will eventually take a qualitative look at what a distinguished juggernaut they've got shackled in the basement.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Origamist View Post
    I mean yeah, just like any other business they're suffering from the inevitable need to prioritize only what's profitable at the moment, thus perpetuating the vicious cycle of players not wanting to spend money on a broken game, and management not wanting dev to "waste time" on fixing the finer details of what no one's paying for.

I can only hope Gamigo will eventually take a qualitative look at what a distinguished juggernaut they've got shackled in the basement.
    There was one player who offered to buy the rights to the game from what I remember. A pretty rich guy from what I read. At any rate they didn't take his deal, which to me was our last hope because the game in the hands of a player who loves the game would be that much better and cared for vs. a company wringing the water out of the wet rag, so to speak. Two completely opposite goals in a sense. Im not trying to be such a negative person about it, but we needed something like that from far left field to fix the game up. With its current owners the whole intent is to bleed money from the remaining player base with as little labor (money spent into) as possible.

On another note New World is getting decent reviews of its overhaul and Ashes of Creation still has big dreams of being the next big MMO. I think this ship has sailed, but if something (good) changed or someone simply made a Rift reborn Id definitely come back. The old character creation options cant be beat in this game. Its what drew in multiple players, but its also what complicated balance the most. Still, was fun finding what new builds I could make.

Soulwalker

I am having the same issue - would love to get past this one and finish that story line.

Thanks!

CayGirl@Hailol

I cant believe this is STILL broken !!!!
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    I cant believe this is STILL broken !!!!
    The game as a whole, Rift Forums, or the individual quest?

The answer is C: All of the above. C is, statistically speaking, the best choice.

18 sep 2020 still broken cant believe how unprofessional this is , i do believe this game is doomed

Guess I got my answer and should just drop this as it doesn't seem to ever be getting fixed...lol. See ya!
    Guild: Alpha Legion
    Taezya 46 Chloromancer Mage
    Shilalah 34 Harbinger Mage
    Qaeli 25 Ranger Rogue
    Qae 17 Purifyer Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    The game as a whole, Rift Forums, or the individual quest?

The answer is C: All of the above. C is, statistically speaking, the best choice.
    hehehe

After visiting this today to see if it was still bugged I noticed that when I accessed the tower the indicator on the map still shows that I need to access the tower below me so maybe the switch/orb mechanism isnt triggering the next step.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Shadowlander

As of 31/10/2020 the quest is still broken... It's so sad to see how low Rift has fallen...

Soulwalker

Default Still broken

I've tried to do the quest (Lineage Aflame) twice this week and it still doesn't work. Nothing happenes when I get to the top of the tower
    21/11/2020

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast