+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Zone Event API not working [2019-12-23]

Default Zone Event API not working [2019-12-23]

Last edited by forbiddenlake; 12-23-2019 at 03:30 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Hey Forbidden! Sorry for such a late reply on an urgent issue. I made the team aware of this however since we're nearing christmas eve (and I don't know who has what days off) I'm currently unsure the bringing back up of the API's. I'm sorry for the inconvenience however I will let you know when we fix it for you. (However you'll probably know before we will)

So much for getting 500 fae sparkles done on multiple characters.

With this broken, it's impossible.

And I am probably not the only person unhappy about it.
    Last edited by Verrliit; 12-23-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    In shining darkness, wisdom finds... what in the light, cannot be seen.

I do understand the holidays are here, and I'm glad you give your employees the time off. I'm sad for me and all the others running the faelight sparkles quest. You have such a short amount of time to finish it and Yaret is an essential event tracking tool for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's fixed soon

2 options... Create a chatwindow with zone events notifications only and activate the timer in the settings.. Fae yule and unstable events last 30 minutes.. so keep an eye on the timer in the chatwindow and the actual time in game.

The other option.. run a 2nd account with a level 1 toon that has 1 chat window with zone event notifications only. Use the timer in that window, make that chat window large enough to see and read easily and play in your main window. That way, you don't block your main window with a separate chatwindow for zone events only.

Just make sure you unselect any chat/loot/system information options for that zone event window.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    2 options... Create a chatwindow with zone events notifications only and activate the timer in the settings.. Fae yule and unstable events last 30 minutes.. so keep an eye on the timer in the chatwindow and the actual time in game.

This is what I've been doing, and it works. It would just be nice to have YARET back. It's a bit more convenient, plus the programmer did an awesome job with it.

Question Yaret broken

Hello I do not understand why there are always problems Yaret? This page with Yaret is a real help. Anything else doesn't help. Unfortunately, there are always problems and have been for a long time.

Champion of Telara

Alternative event tracker that always works:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...xt-speech.html

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    Hello I do not understand why there are always problems Yaret? This page with Yaret is a real help. Anything else doesn't help. Unfortunately, there are always problems and have been for a long time.
    "Always"? Really? Always for a long time? Mucho exaggeration....But anyway.

Seriously, the Event tab on your chat window in game WORKS. Make sure you check the option for having a time stamp on each event. I blew through a ton of sparkles yesterday just having an Event tab. I have nothing else come up in that tab EXCEPT events. It really does work while waiting for YARET to get fixed.

I completed one toon yesterday and working on another. Probably all that I'll have time for, but I'm getting it done. It would be easier with YARET active, but please, stop making it seem like you can't do anything...you CAN. You do realize this game existed before YARET, right? And people did events? Good advice has been given...feel free to take some.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrianna View Post
    "Always"? Really? Always for a long time? Mucho exaggeration....But anyway.

Seriously, the Event tab on your chat window in game WORKS. Make sure you check the option for having a time stamp on each event. I blew through a ton of sparkles yesterday just having an Event tab. I have nothing else come up in that tab EXCEPT events. It really does work while waiting for YARET to get fixed.

I completed one toon yesterday and working on another. Probably all that I'll have time for, but I'm getting it done. It would be easier with YARET active, but please, stop making it seem like you can't do anything...you CAN. You do realize this game existed before YARET, right? And people did events? Good advice has been given...feel free to take some.
    It doesn't work for me, I don't know anything about the other one like Github etc.
    And that's not an exaggeration. Since the calendar has been in existence there have been problems
    Last edited by Ceserea; 01-01-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    It doesn't work for me, I don't know anything about the other one like Github etc.
    And that's not an exaggeration. Since the calendar has been in existence there have been problems
    If you have problems with the installation of my addon I can also help you in german, just send me a private message.

Telaran

Default It's not impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Verrliit View Post
    So much for getting 500 fae sparkles done on multiple characters.

With this broken, it's impossible.

And I am probably not the only person unhappy about it.
    It's not impossible but it's a lot tougher. I open a new chat tab with just the Events channel displayed and run all the artifact events and other events in low level zones (Right click on tab, /settings/channel messages/click "Events").

Stay mentored down to 20 (or maybe 27). Use the run-like hell option to stay away from as many beasties as possible in higher level zones. Use stealth or control talents when necessary to stun/fear a beastie, grab the artifact, then run like hell.As patron, it costs me nothing to die, so sometimes I run in and grab artifact and die. When none of the above works, mentor up briefly, grab it, then get out of threat area and mentor back up immediately.

I've done this on several alts since the API went down. When the API is up, it's a lot easier to set mentor level to get the artifact ZEs just before they expire, and still be able to get credit for VP ZEs, too.

And try to get your hands on a "Fatestone: BLoodfire Behemoth" so you can initiate the BB zone events in low level zones. You can get it on rift store for 1800 credits, but it's BOA.

Soulwalker

It has been over two weeks now and the holidays are over, can we get an update on this please?

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by Keesin View Post
    It has been over two weeks now and the holidays are over, can we get an update on this please?

We're working on this among other things that have bugged out over the holidays. Although it hasn't been fixed yet we're indeed working on that alongside all of our bugged out Raids and Quests to turn everything how it was before the patch that might have messed everything up.

Soulwalker

Default still......................

We're nearly at 5 weeks, why isn't the API fixed????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast