+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree26Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Zone Event API not working [2019-12-23]

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FlipperPA View Post
    Not having YARET makes many Battle Pass quests just annoying. "Go sit in Tarken Glacier for a bunch of hours, hoping something pops."

Yeah, that sounds like fun!

Please. Fix. This. Already.
    Have you ever tried my addon you can also get informed by voice output when an event starts in Tarken Glacier. In the config.ini you can also select which zones you want to be informed about, so you don't have to actively watch Rift but can run it in the background and do more productive things like watching movies and series ;)

Soulwalker

Default Soon is the wrong word to use

Lets see soon
    /so͞on/
    Learn to pronounce
    adverb
    1.in or after a short time.
    "everyone will soon know the truth"
    This is the definition of soon I would not consider 4 months and still on going to fit into the term soon. Not surprising though like if you had simple issues in game "customer service" will contact you soon which can be a month for a response. I think they should of gave some employees a dictionary for Christmas. No need to feed people a BS sandwich just tell it for what it is. When we finally take out heads out our "sand boxes" will get around to it.

Telaran

Nobody cares, move on.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by kuradid View Post
    Nobody cares, move on.
    Almost everyone that plays RIFT cares about this. You are the outlier.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Akaneko View Post
    Almost everyone that plays RIFT cares about this. You are the outlier.
    Meh, I was referring to other side. I used it all the time, site is opened even when I'm not in game, so I can pop in and complete something I miss.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Have you ever tried my addon you can also get informed by voice output when an event starts in Tarken Glacier. In the config.ini you can also select which zones you want to be informed about, so you don't have to actively watch Rift but can run it in the background and do more productive things like watching movies and series ;)
    I've got to give it a try... I just wrote a script which screen scraped YARET and texted me when certain events ran (to finish achieves), and it was easy to add in zones.

So I could be downstairs playing guitar, and feel my phone buzz... but yeah, I'm insane.

Your efforts are most appreciated, Bamul!

Soulwalker

Has there been any update on this at all since February? A bunch of us started playing again recently and it's been a nightmare trying to do zone events without this.

I checked with Elariok on 2nd April. They are (still) aware, but have no ETA.

Question

Today is April 23rd, 2020 and the site is still not working, did the team who run the site stop worrying about these problems? The site Yaret was wonderful for German and American gamers. Unfortunately I don't understand how to build such a page. Can't someone fix that, please? / Unfortunately, event trackers don't work for me.
    Last edited by Ceserea; 04-23-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    Today is April 23rd, 2020 and the site is still not working, did the team who run the site stop worrying about these problems? The site Yaret was wonderful for German and American gamers. Unfortunately I don't understand how to build such a page. Can't someone fix that, please? / Unfortunately, event trackers don't work for me.
    The team who runs the site (me) never stopped caring. However, the problem is with RIFT, and Gamigo clearly does not care about fixing the problem quickly.

Event tracking web sites cannot work at all because the problem is with RIFT. However, Bamul has a different approach you can find linked in this thread and elsewhere.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    The team who runs the site (me) never stopped caring.
    We still love you!

4+ months later and it's still not fixed. Will someone from GAMIGO actually bother respond to this issue please?
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Telaran

The silence is deafening, gamigo. For someone who is actively hoping for a reason, any reason to give you money... this is extremely disheartening.

Feel free to look up how much I used to spend on Rift. (I'll wait, its okay. ) This is what you're leaving on the table, and for everyone one of me on the forums, there are a few hundred in game, and a few thousand who would come back if you gave us a shred of confidence that Rift has a future.

But you'll have to put your money where your mouth is, because your words no longer carry any weight.
    Last edited by FlipperPA; 05-09-2020 at 11:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3