+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aranka

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't create new character

Rift Disciple

Default Can't create new character

Server: Typhiria, Main char Yvasha, time of incidents 22.50 gmt 24.9.19 & 21.40 25.9.19

I have played Rift on and off since beta, paid for initial game and subscribed for a while. Haven't been a patron because I play rarely, but do purchase gems to support game.

I deleted a character last night (24.9.19) in order to create a new one with different role/class. Got message 'you do not have enough character slots to create more characters on this shard. You can buy more character slots at the Rift Store.' I deleted another character, so 2 in total, but still got same message. I had initially subscribed to game and at some point purchased 2 extra character slots, so had 9 in total.

My characters have been moved from my original server, Argent, to Zaviel (?), and now to Typhiria due to merges etc. Don't know if this has anything to do with it. I don't understand why all 9 characters were available and playable and yet when I delete two the message says I can't create more.

Thanks for your help

p.s. Just noticed I have 6 chars on Zaviel server, which is locked. I know there have been changes after gamigo took over, but when players have purchased items - in this case character slots - they need access to their items!
    Last edited by jayarte; 09-26-2019 at 04:02 AM.

Plane Touched

I have this same issue on NA, tried to make a 9th character and got the message. Thought it was weird because I swear I've had more than 8 before, but figured I was misremembering, so I transferred one to another shard and tried again. Couldn't make an 8th character despite just having 8 a moment before.

Thank you for reminding me of this, couldn't bug report because this happened during the forums outage

Rift Disciple

Default Thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    I have this same issue on NA, tried to make a 9th character and got the message. Thought it was weird because I swear I've had more than 8 before, but figured I was misremembering, so I transferred one to another shard and tried again. Couldn't make an 8th character despite just having 8 a moment before.

Thank you for reminding me of this, couldn't bug report because this happened during the forums outage
    Good to know I'm not alone in this. Very frustrating to have characters I can't access because they're on a locked server, and character slots I've purchased in the past and now can't use!

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Hey hey!

I'll pass this on and investigate what might be the issue.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Hey hey!

Thanks, Zyra.

@Jayarte

I'm only guessing here..

since the merge on EU, the character count may be a bit off..

Zaviel is closed, so creating chars there is not an option.
    Zaviel, Gelidra and Typhiria were combined into Typhiria, so all your chars from Zaviel and Gelidra do count for the Typhiria shard. The number in the list with shard names and amount of toons on that shard may not be the same as the actual amount of toons on that shard

So with 6 toons from Zaviel already, that leaves a max space for 7 toons from Gelidra and Typhiria together.

Seeing x amount of toons on a shard may not be the same as the actual amount of toons on a shard.

Say your limit is 10 slots
    You get 6 from Zaviel, that take up 6 slots on Typhiria. If you already had 5 chars on typhiria, that would mean you have 11 toons there. Too many for the lilmit.

In that case, you would have to delete/transfer 2 toons before being able to create a new toon on typhiria.
    Any toon over the max amount remains invisible in your login screen until you have cleared one or more char slots for them. They are basically saved in an overload bag in the background and can't be accessed until they are made visible again in thhe login screen.

it may make a difference in how numbers and chars are displayed in your shard selection screen if you log in on those ex-zaviel toons on Typhiria first.

Maybe something in the above is relevant for your situation, maybe not.
    It may just as well be a bug/glitch you both walked into.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post

since the merge on EU, the character count may be a bit off..
    Good guess, but I'm on NA, as stated. Same issue, but post merge for sure. This was when BP2 started, for reference on the time

Rift Disciple

Default Waiting for update

Any further information available please?

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Yup, I was not at work, but here I am now.

So we checked and it seems both of you are missing a certain entitlement that comes with purchasing a slot.

The default max number of characters is 6, but you have 7.

It is very likely that any extra slot came with a long past merge.

However, if you did purchase a slot we suggest you write a ticket so the team can take a closer look into the logs.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

Rift Disciple

Default Update please

Hey hey!

Still waiting for update. Deleted yet another character tonight because I want to create a different class to those I already have, but still getting same message that I need to buy another character slot.

I already purchased these extra character slots - I had 9 altogether on Typhiria but I've now deleted 3 trying to create a new one. There are 6 characters which are on Zaviel which I can't even access because it's locked.

I do understand there have been problems for some time and that gamigo are trying to resolve them and I have been patient, I think. However, when I purchase something online with real money then I enter a contract with the supplier of the goods, whether virtual or otherwise, to provide said goods (in this case the character slots).

Please can you raise this again and see if the problem can be resolved?

Thanks.

Rift Disciple

Yup, I was not at work, but here I am now.

So we checked and it seems both of you are missing a certain entitlement that comes with purchasing a slot.

The default max number of characters is 6, but you have 7.

It is very likely that any extra slot came with a long past merge.

However, if you did purchase a slot we suggest you write a ticket so the team can take a closer look into the logs.
    I did raise a ticket but was advised that there was nothing customer services could do so I should report as a bug.

p.s. I would be happy to have just one of my extra character slots reinstated, on Typhiria, so I can create a new character with a new role.
    Last edited by jayarte; 10-08-2019 at 01:52 PM.

I already purchased these extra character slots - I had 9 altogether on Typhiria but I've now deleted 3 trying to create a new one. There are 6 characters which are on Zaviel which I can't even access because it's locked.

this is raising some alarm bells here...

how many chars did you have on typhiria before the merge and how many on zaviel before the merge?

And did you have any chars on Gelidra?

If the total number of chars on those 3 shards is higher than the amount of slots you have unlocked, you will not be able to create more chars.

Zaviel is locked as is Gelidra, but all those chars from these 2 shards have been merged onto Typhiria.
    They will however not be visible, if you have already filled up the character slots on typhiria with your original typhiria chars.

if that's the case, you will need to transfer chars to other shards first, to free up the slots for those gelidra/zaviel toons to become visible. (or delete, but that's a rather final decision)

As you mentioned, you have 6 chars on Zaviel visible in the shard selection screen...
    Those chars are on Typhiria, but not accessible if not visible... And they can only become visible if they have an active dedicated char slot for them.. until then, they just are kept behind the screen, in a holding bag.

One sidenote.. the max amount of char slots is 13... 6 from owning/buying the game, 6 from rift store and 1 from a former expansion pack. I'm not sure the shop will stop you if you try to buy a 7th slot when you already have 6 from ownership and 6 from store.
    Last edited by Aranka; 10-10-2019 at 06:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread