+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aranka

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't create new character

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    197

    Default Can't create new character

    Server: Typhiria, Main char Yvasha, time of incidents 22.50 gmt 24.9.19 & 21.40 25.9.19

    I have played Rift on and off since beta, paid for initial game and subscribed for a while. Haven't been a patron because I play rarely, but do purchase gems to support game.

    I deleted a character last night (24.9.19) in order to create a new one with different role/class. Got message 'you do not have enough character slots to create more characters on this shard. You can buy more character slots at the Rift Store.' I deleted another character, so 2 in total, but still got same message. I had initially subscribed to game and at some point purchased 2 extra character slots, so had 9 in total.

    My characters have been moved from my original server, Argent, to Zaviel (?), and now to Typhiria due to merges etc. Don't know if this has anything to do with it. I don't understand why all 9 characters were available and playable and yet when I delete two the message says I can't create more.

    Thanks for your help

    p.s. Just noticed I have 6 chars on Zaviel server, which is locked. I know there have been changes after gamigo took over, but when players have purchased items - in this case character slots - they need access to their items!
    Last edited by jayarte; 09-26-2019 at 04:02 AM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    246

    Default

    I have this same issue on NA, tried to make a 9th character and got the message. Thought it was weird because I swear I've had more than 8 before, but figured I was misremembering, so I transferred one to another shard and tried again. Couldn't make an 8th character despite just having 8 a moment before.

    Thank you for reminding me of this, couldn't bug report because this happened during the forums outage

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    197

    Default Thanks for reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    I have this same issue on NA, tried to make a 9th character and got the message. Thought it was weird because I swear I've had more than 8 before, but figured I was misremembering, so I transferred one to another shard and tried again. Couldn't make an 8th character despite just having 8 a moment before.

    Thank you for reminding me of this, couldn't bug report because this happened during the forums outage
    Good to know I'm not alone in this. Very frustrating to have characters I can't access because they're on a locked server, and character slots I've purchased in the past and now can't use!

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Community Manager Zyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Hey hey!

    I'll pass this on and investigate what might be the issue.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Hey hey!

    I'll pass this on and investigate what might be the issue.
    Thanks, Zyra.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    @Jayarte

    I'm only guessing here..

    since the merge on EU, the character count may be a bit off..

    Zaviel is closed, so creating chars there is not an option.
    Zaviel, Gelidra and Typhiria were combined into Typhiria, so all your chars from Zaviel and Gelidra do count for the Typhiria shard. The number in the list with shard names and amount of toons on that shard may not be the same as the actual amount of toons on that shard

    So with 6 toons from Zaviel already, that leaves a max space for 7 toons from Gelidra and Typhiria together.

    Seeing x amount of toons on a shard may not be the same as the actual amount of toons on a shard.

    Say your limit is 10 slots
    You get 6 from Zaviel, that take up 6 slots on Typhiria. If you already had 5 chars on typhiria, that would mean you have 11 toons there. Too many for the lilmit.

    In that case, you would have to delete/transfer 2 toons before being able to create a new toon on typhiria.
    Any toon over the max amount remains invisible in your login screen until you have cleared one or more char slots for them. They are basically saved in an overload bag in the background and can't be accessed until they are made visible again in thhe login screen.

    it may make a difference in how numbers and chars are displayed in your shard selection screen if you log in on those ex-zaviel toons on Typhiria first.

    Maybe something in the above is relevant for your situation, maybe not.
    It may just as well be a bug/glitch you both walked into.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post

    since the merge on EU, the character count may be a bit off..
    Good guess, but I'm on NA, as stated. Same issue, but post merge for sure. This was when BP2 started, for reference on the time

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    197

    Default Waiting for update

    Any further information available please?

  9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Community Manager Zyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Yup, I was not at work, but here I am now.

    So we checked and it seems both of you are missing a certain entitlement that comes with purchasing a slot.

    The default max number of characters is 6, but you have 7.

    It is very likely that any extra slot came with a long past merge.

    However, if you did purchase a slot we suggest you write a ticket so the team can take a closer look into the logs.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    197

    Default Update please

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Hey hey!

    I'll pass this on and investigate what might be the issue.
    Still waiting for update. Deleted yet another character tonight because I want to create a different class to those I already have, but still getting same message that I need to buy another character slot.

    I already purchased these extra character slots - I had 9 altogether on Typhiria but I've now deleted 3 trying to create a new one. There are 6 characters which are on Zaviel which I can't even access because it's locked.

    I do understand there have been problems for some time and that gamigo are trying to resolve them and I have been patient, I think. However, when I purchase something online with real money then I enter a contract with the supplier of the goods, whether virtual or otherwise, to provide said goods (in this case the character slots).

    Please can you raise this again and see if the problem can be resolved?

    Thanks.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Yup, I was not at work, but here I am now.

    So we checked and it seems both of you are missing a certain entitlement that comes with purchasing a slot.

    The default max number of characters is 6, but you have 7.

    It is very likely that any extra slot came with a long past merge.

    However, if you did purchase a slot we suggest you write a ticket so the team can take a closer look into the logs.
    I did raise a ticket but was advised that there was nothing customer services could do so I should report as a bug.

    p.s. I would be happy to have just one of my extra character slots reinstated, on Typhiria, so I can create a new character with a new role.
    Last edited by jayarte; 10-08-2019 at 01:52 PM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    I already purchased these extra character slots - I had 9 altogether on Typhiria but I've now deleted 3 trying to create a new one. There are 6 characters which are on Zaviel which I can't even access because it's locked.

    this is raising some alarm bells here...

    how many chars did you have on typhiria before the merge and how many on zaviel before the merge?

    And did you have any chars on Gelidra?

    If the total number of chars on those 3 shards is higher than the amount of slots you have unlocked, you will not be able to create more chars.

    Zaviel is locked as is Gelidra, but all those chars from these 2 shards have been merged onto Typhiria.
    They will however not be visible, if you have already filled up the character slots on typhiria with your original typhiria chars.

    if that's the case, you will need to transfer chars to other shards first, to free up the slots for those gelidra/zaviel toons to become visible. (or delete, but that's a rather final decision)

    As you mentioned, you have 6 chars on Zaviel visible in the shard selection screen...
    Those chars are on Typhiria, but not accessible if not visible... And they can only become visible if they have an active dedicated char slot for them.. until then, they just are kept behind the screen, in a holding bag.



    One sidenote.. the max amount of char slots is 13... 6 from owning/buying the game, 6 from rift store and 1 from a former expansion pack. I'm not sure the shop will stop you if you try to buy a 7th slot when you already have 6 from ownership and 6 from store.
    Last edited by Aranka; 10-10-2019 at 06:04 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    I already purchased these extra character slots - I had 9 altogether on Typhiria but I've now deleted 3 trying to create a new one. There are 6 characters which are on Zaviel which I can't even access because it's locked.

    this is raising some alarm bells here...

    how many chars did you have on typhiria before the merge and how many on zaviel before the merge?

    And did you have any chars on Gelidra?

    If the total number of chars on those 3 shards is higher than the amount of slots you have unlocked, you will not be able to create more chars.

    Zaviel is locked as is Gelidra, but all those chars from these 2 shards have been merged onto Typhiria.
    They will however not be visible, if you have already filled up the character slots on typhiria with your original typhiria chars.

    if that's the case, you will need to transfer chars to other shards first, to free up the slots for those gelidra/zaviel toons to become visible. (or delete, but that's a rather final decision)

    As you mentioned, you have 6 chars on Zaviel visible in the shard selection screen...
    Those chars are on Typhiria, but not accessible if not visible... And they can only become visible if they have an active dedicated char slot for them.. until then, they just are kept behind the screen, in a holding bag.



    One sidenote.. the max amount of char slots is 13... 6 from owning/buying the game, 6 from rift store and 1 from a former expansion pack. I'm not sure the shop will stop you if you try to buy a 7th slot when you already have 6 from ownership and 6 from store.
    Thanks for reply and sorry for my late response.

    Unfortunately I'm crap at remembering names so don't know which server I started off with. What I do know is that I played from the very beginning of beta right through to a few months after launch, so I would have had the 6 you mention from buying the game. Also got more from expansion pack and might have bought

    I was originally on an EU RP server - don't know if that would be Zaviel, although as I said 6 chars remain there but server locked. I've been back and away several times over the years since, and completely missed the takover and whatever server merges happened then.

    Nine active characters were showing on Typhiria when I returned recently, all of which I could log onto. Obviously I thought that if I deleted one I would be able to create a new character in its place, but this hasn't happened although I have now deleted 3 of the active chars.

    When you say 'this is raising alarms bells here...' I'm not sure what you mean.

    I'm an older person with M.E. so my concentration and memory isn't always great if that helps explain anything.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    Raising alarm bells... nothing about you personally.. but makes it sound like a known situation..

    You mention seeing 9 chars on typhiria.
    That insinuates you have 9 character slots unlocked total.. 6 from owning the game (which was the case in the beginning) and 3 unlocked later either through expansion pack or bought in store

    that means you can have 9 active /visible chars on typhiria.
    With the merge, you may have had those 9 already on typhiria and 6 on zaviel (still visible on zaviel as number, as you mentioned)

    9+6 would make 15.. more chars than character slots available.
    compare it to the shopping window... you can see the shopping window for what the shop has to offer... in your case Typhiria with 9 chars.. but there is more in store.. behind the screens in the backroom... And you can only take something from the backroom and display it when you've cleared a spot in the shopping window.


    I'm not sure how Rift orders the chars.. merges and moves can sometimes put chars on a different spot in the screen than the last spot in the list.

    But for you, it would most likely be moving chars from typhiria to brutwacht/brisesol/brutwacht, to open up the window for the zaviel chars, that are now hiding in the back room

    The number 6 in the Zaviel line when you look at the shard selection window is just a number... it indicates how many chars you HAD on Zaviel.. the chars are now on Typhiria, just not visible.

    >> from your first post "I deleted a character last night (24.9.19) in order to create a new one with different role/class. Got message 'you do not have enough character slots to create more characters on this shard. You can buy more character slots at the Rift Store.' I deleted another character, so 2 in total, but still got same message. I had initially subscribed to game and at some point purchased 2 extra character slots, so had 9 in total."

    With 15 chars combined to typhiria and 9 char slots available, you would need to clear at least 6 slots (move chars to other Shards) to make all the chars from the backroom visible and accessible.
    This is counting 9 from Typhiria and 6 from Zaviel.. not taking into account any char you may have had on Gelidra (either through creation or merge in the past)
    Last edited by Aranka; 10-21-2019 at 01:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts