+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Avathar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Pass Not Counting Rare Kills

Soulwalker

Default Battle Pass Not Counting Rare Kills

I posted about this in General Discussion, and it was suggested I move it over here.

This is actually a problem I noticed during the first season of Battle Pass. When working on quests that require the killing of rare creatures, there are some rares the quest is stubbornly not counting.

For instance, when doing the quest "Kill 15 Rares" in any zone, I have noticed that Terrorsting in Ashora will not count, even though it IS a rare. Likewise, when doing this morning's "Kill 5 Rares in any Celestial Land", Chira in Scatherran Forest will not count, even though it, too, is a rare. I've tried killing both of these as a 70 (which works for most rare kills in these quests) and mentoring down. Also tried killing them on different shards. No luck. These are just two examples I personally know about, but I'll bet there are others.

Unless things have changed, the large diamond should identify these creatures as rare, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    I posted about this in General Discussion, and it was suggested I move it over here.

This is actually a problem I noticed during the first season of Battle Pass. When working on quests that require the killing of rare creatures, there are some rares the quest is stubbornly not counting.

For instance, when doing the quest "Kill 15 Rares" in any zone, I have noticed that Terrorsting in Ashora will not count, even though it IS a rare. Likewise, when doing this morning's "Kill 5 Rares in any Celestial Land", Chira in Scatherran Forest will not count, even though it, too, is a rare. I've tried killing both of these as a 70 (which works for most rare kills in these quests) and mentoring down. Also tried killing them on different shards. No luck. These are just two examples I personally know about, but I'll bet there are others.

Unless things have changed, the large diamond should identify these creatures as rare, yes?
    Seems like they should, but the ones I did today in Vostigar counted towards the 15/15. FYI
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Rift Disciple

I can confirm many things designated as rares for killing do not count. So how about a Fix?

I know for killing Vostigar rares the rewards are better, but I would suggest going scarwood for the 15 rares.. That zone has a quest series for rare mobs, a long list and a decent spawn rate.

I ran it yesterday on EU and killed some 9 or 10 different rares.. (hopping shards for the location + a target macro). All kills counted towards the quest.

And yes, the diamond should count for rare, same as the monsters listed in the hunt achievements.

There are however also elite carnages, that do not count as rares. These should however not have a diamond.
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-31-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Soulwalker

Still having trouble with the "Celestial Hunter" quest, which specifies that you need to kill 5 rare creatures in the Celestial Lands--including Scatherran Forest.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but here are a few Scatherran Forest rares (with the diamond on 'em and everything), that have not counted when I have killed them:
    Chire
    Asthi
    Hiskrass

Please either fix this...or fix me. Something needs fixing.

there have been other reports about rares not counting

droughtlands and celestial lands don't count the kills afaik..

hopefully they'll fix it with patch tomorrow...

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Killed a rare Baac in PTW today for the ... you guessed it, rare Baacs in PTW - didn't count.

The PTW and othe Nightmare Tide zone rares dont count as rares on the leaderboards either.
    I wonder if the other rares that are not counting have the same error?

Either way, Avathar has a list of non-working rares that should be fixed this weeks patch.
    Then we just gotta look for the edge cases

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    Still having trouble with the "Celestial Hunter" quest, which specifies that you need to kill 5 rare creatures in the Celestial Lands--including Scatherran Forest.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but here are a few Scatherran Forest rares (with the diamond on 'em and everything), that have not counted when I have killed them:
    Chire
    Asthi
    Hiskrass

Please either fix this...or fix me. Something needs fixing.
    Ikitcha (squirrel in scatheran)... killed it 3 times, nada
    Magic Mote (or something like that) in Gedlo, no credit either.

Since this is a daily I can try something else tomorrow, but this quest appears unworkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddessdavida View Post
    Ikitcha (squirrel in scatheran)... killed it 3 times, nada
    Magic Mote (or something like that) in Gedlo, no credit either.

Since this is a daily I can try something else tomorrow, but this quest appears unworkable.
    all of the rares in VP count, and they are marked on the map for easy hunting

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

I went through a large batch of Rare NPCs after the first reports of this issue and updated the npcs to count for the mission. This should be included in the next patch.

+ Reply to Thread