+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Octember
  • 1 Post By Octember

Thread: Anvil of the Storm Cache

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Anvil of the Storm Cache

The Trove of Mounts included in the "I'm sorry, please don't divorce me. I'll change, I swear!" Anvil of the Storm Cache does not give you a random mount that you do not allready have.

I opened mine and got a mount that I allready have - account-wide - from the purchase of a promotion pack a couple of weeks back, so it is of absolutely no use to me as the mount from the trove on top of it all is BoA.

I trust that you will correct this.

I don't know how to attach images larger than this, but if the information above is in any way unclear I'll be happy to supply the full resolution screenshot...
    Anvil of the Storm Cache-mountderp.jpg

to get a bigger /better visible picture, you can try the following..

set to windowed in video settings and set the resolution. Make the window manually smaller.

As for the mounts..
    I gather the mummified squirrel you have is accountwide from the pack and has some 155 or 160% speed.
    the mummified squirrel from trove is for one char only and scaled..

Technically not the same mount, but the same skin.
    I hope for you this is not intentional so you will get a new/other mount.

Soulwalker

Yeah, I have the screenshot as a 1920x1080 image on my computer.
    It just won't upload at full resolution as an attachment on the forums for whatever reason.
    What size do I need to scale it down to for it to upload properly?

no need to scale it down in the video menu.. resize with the arrows.

Screenshots should be saved as jpg. You may also be able to work on them with windows paint.
    That way, you can cut out part of the screen and resize that.

If your screen is 100% and you cut out half of that pic, you can enlarge that to 100% to make the image bigger. Windows paint has an option to resize the view to 100%

open your screenshot. If you have windows paint, you will see options in the top bar for selection. Select the part of the screenshot you want to show by making a border around it.
    In the right half of the screen, you will see two white pages on top of eachother.. that icon is to copy your selection.
    Next you click the top left for menu.. go for the tab 'new' to open a blank page. Paste your copied selection in that page. Make sure the view is 100%. Save that page *** JPG file.

looks like this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anvil of the Storm Cache-dailies.jpg   Anvil of the Storm Cache-2019-08-29_225420.jpg  
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-29-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Telaran

I'm gonna go with you're new to the trove of mounts. Aranka explained it's not the same mount, just the same skin. There's a running joke in the guild I'm part of that is, "I wonder if I'm going to get the third/fourth copy of a chocolate horse" because of this. XD Is it a bummer? Sure, but it's not a big deal, and it's not a bug.
    May the frogue be with you.

Eventually you will end up with 2 or 3 'copies' of each mount in the game, with different sources/binds/shares.
    Its no biggy really.. but i can see from your mounts screen that you are not used to collecting mount like this yet

The trove of mounts in the cache is exactly the same as the day 21 calendar trove of mounts.
    The trove gives you a random mount from a very long list of mounts, all of which have duplicated skins elsewhere in the game, but it will guarantee you a mount that you can collect (as in you don't have this one from the trove yet) and will give you access to skins that you usually have to buy with real money or grind hard for. That is not to say that you wont get a few chocolate horsies from it!

Soulwalker

Well that sure sucks d

I was thinking it must be a bug.
    Turns out it's just ****ty game design.

I'd give all of them away if I could, I hate the squirrel mounts
    (I bought the pack for the account wide 40-slot bag or whatever was in it.
    Not ****ty squirrels.)

Thanks for answering and clarifying anyway.

(Doubt I'll get any reply to the ticket I sent in to Gamigo.)

most peeps stick to one mount that they super love and just collect the rest for cheevo points anyways..
    the mount cheevo goes up to 250 and most peeps are just happy to have any sort of extra mounts to go towards that total!

Be glad you didn't get the Bay Horse as your prize, though trove of mounts wasnt one of the items I asked them to give us, we did get a storm cell which was on my list at least

+ Reply to Thread