+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Error 2017 - Unable to log in issue

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Error 2017 - Unable to log in issue

If you are unable to log in and seeing "Your client was not authorized to make a login request. Please try again later. (Error #2017)" we are working on a way to help with this issue.

Let us know your region (NA or EU) and platform: PC (include Steam if using)

Some players have mentioned creating a new password or confirming your location through email to link your account have helped them log in.

Thanks!

Soulwalker

Default Is this where?

9:50am EDT 8/22, I've gotten the Error #2017 several times now on my Win7 machine (direct install, not Steam) in the NA region. In fact, the first few times I tried to log in to the forums to post this I got a "CAS Authentication failed!" message, and was about to email the webmaster as directed when another attempt at the forum login was finally successful.

Sorry if I should have started a new thread or something; this seemed like the logical place to post. Let me know if any additional information might be useful. Thanks!

Edit #1: 5:20pm EDT 8/23
    Have tried sporadically over the last day and a half, always getting the #2017 error preventing me from logging into Glyph. Saw the post someone made about 2FA which made me think of a few other little notes I could make:
    - I, too, use the 2FA login, and intentionally do not set my home PC as a trusted location in order to force use of the password+2FA login process (I'm just weird that way).
    - I'm using 64-bit Win7 Ultimate; I do have Steam installed on this machine, but do not have it linked to Glyph/Rift in any way (of which I am aware).
    - Unless I've completely forgotten a reinstall, this is a Rift install from when Rift was first launched that I later had to link to Glyph when Glyph was implemented, so it has been patched and repatched for...a few years now.

Also, (completely unrelated to this issue) why do the time stamps on these forums seem to never be accurate, regardless of whether I'm logged in, or have my time zone set correctly, or anything? So very odd...

Anyway, thanks again for your time and attention.

Edit #2: 10:55am EDT 8/26
    Periodic attempts to log into Glyph over the last four days now, all resulting in the #2017 error. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Glyph; I've tried clearing trusted locations through the Glyph (Trionworlds) website (into which I am able to log). I haven't messed with my password.

Edit #3: 8:40am EDT 8/27
    OKAY! Was finally able to log in this morning via a workaround similar to what a few other people here have tried. What worked for me:
    - Open Glyph launcher
    - Click the "Account" button near the top to get to the Glyph Account Management website
    - Log in to the website with password and 2FA code, and have "Remember my login from this location" box checked
    - EITHER close & reopen Glyph launcher, or simply hit "Play" on Rift to initiate a login sequence; either option will result in a login with email and password only, no 2FA code.

AT THIS POINT Rift will work. If I close Glyph and reopen it, I get the #2017 error. I can log out of the Account Management website once I have the Glyph launcher open and active, and log in and out of Rift repeatedly, but once I close the Glyph launcher I get the #2017 error the next time I open it. I haven't cleared any trusted locations or anything, and every time I go back to the Account Management website it gives me the checkbox for "Remember my login from this location".

Thanks to ForRum for the heavy lifting on this one. I didn't want to have to set & reset a trusted location, but it does seem to be the only way to make Glyph work right now. Plus, it doesn't appear as though the trusted location remains set -- I have to tell it to trust this location every time I try to log in to the launcher.

Edit #4 12:40pm EDT 8/30
    I saw on one of these 2017 threads someone (and I forget who & where, or I'd credit the OP; please forgive me) point out that the Glyph web login page seems only to be accessible through the "Accounts" button on the Glyph launcher itself; any other link or bookmark routes to a 404 error. I did try a few other routes to get to the Glyph login web page, and this does seem to be the case.
    Oh, and yes; #2017 issue does still persist.

Edit #5 10:05pm EDT 9/4
    FINALLY a Glyph patch! Although my Kaspersky AV freaked out over an alleged trojan in the download (required disinfect & reboot), once everything was back up & running I was able to log in normally, and have been able to several times since. No more error #2017!
    Last edited by cpnjac; 09-04-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Soulwalker

Region: NA, Platform: PC through Steam with account linked for login with Steam credentials.

I opened Glyph through Steam, but instead of auto-logging me in as usual, I was asked to log in manually using my Glyph account, which I tried to do. Despite providing valid info, the login failed with error 2017.

I had noticed this problem yesterday (August 21st), but did not pursue a solution since I've seen similar symptoms in the past which appeared to be related to communication trouble between Steam and the Glyph account system, and which always cleared up within a day without action from me.

However, this time the problem persisted. I attempted one of the fixes suggested:
    1. Clicked password update link in thread post #1.
    2. Filled out the form to recover my password.
    3. Received 2 emails - one to reset password, another with a code to confirm that I was accessing my account from a new location (it's not actually a new location).
    4. I ignored the password reset email, and went to the Glyph.net website as instructed in the location confirmation email and tried to log in, provided the code, and was told it was successful.
    5. I closed Glyph and reopened in the normal way (through Steam). Glyph asked me to log in manually, which was now successful. However...
    6. When it asked if I wanted to link my Steam and Glyph accounts (this link had previously been in place, but seems to have been broken) and I said yes, I got a generic message "An error has occurred. Please try again later or contact customer support" and I acknowledged the message with "ok".
    7. I clicked the play button for Rift and was able to play as usual.
    8. About 15 mintues later, I logged out of the game, closed Glyph, reopened Glyph through Steam. It asked again about linking the accounts. I said yes again, and received the same generic cannot-link error, but was still able to log in and play, apparently using the Glyph login and password now saved internally.
    Last edited by PC101; 08-22-2019 at 07:42 AM.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Thank you for all the details, it's super helpful as we continue to look into the log in issues.

Soulwalker

Default 2017 error report

I also have been having trouble with error reports the first one was 2 days ago.. i got a 2034 error and today is the 2017 error..yesterday i could not log into rift account online either today it is mainly the game itself. I have not reset my password, but I will attempt that. I just came back to the game after 3 years and am sorry to see how bad the tech and in game issues are.

I had the Error 2017 too last night 21st August but I thought "OK I've seen it before I'll leave it for now it usually is fixed soon" try today try to login same issue so I just logged into the Glyph website it sent a password reset but I ignored it. So then I typed my password in again manually I do however login automatically via Steam. Though this time it now asked me to Link my account pressed Yes gave me an Error which was mentioned above.

I am now able to login via Steam but not re-tried with the automatic login yet.
    To be really honest I preferred the old login method without Glyph I've had issues more often with Glyph since it came in, now with the old default launcher I never had any issues.

Soulwalker

Default Error #2017

Resetting my password did not fix the problem.
    It's now 4 days since i have not been able to log into the game. None of the fixes work and i don't see any updates from Trion as to when this is going to be fixed.
    I have two PC's windows 7 and 10, same issue on both.
    Region NA.
    BTW i am a paying customer
    Last edited by rogerraptor; 08-25-2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Issue still unresolved

A friend of mine is having the same issue and a reset did not fix it for him.

Telaran

Clearing my cookies worked on both my laptop and desktop!

Soulwalker

I have the same issue. I changed my password, and for added measure, I also verified my email on the security page. (Not sure if that's what is meant by confirming the email.) I was able to log in ONCE after doing all that. I didn't click play, or anything else. Just logged back out and went about with some other things I had to do. I returned to log in later and was greeted with the same error #2017 after it worked fine during the previous attempted. I even ran it in administrator, but to no avail.

I play on NA and I am on a laptop...so PC?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chandress View Post
    I have the same issue. I changed my password, and for added measure, I also verified my email on the security page. (Not sure if that's what is meant by confirming the email.) I was able to log in ONCE after doing all that. I didn't click play, or anything else. Just logged back out and went about with some other things I had to do. I returned to log in later and was greeted with the same error #2017 after it worked fine during the previous attempted. I even ran it in administrator, but to no avail.

I play on NA and I am on a laptop...so PC?
    I never had any issues until the recent downtime as well.

Everything you are describing are issues im having, cant log in, resetting passwords/ re-installing isn't working.

I attempted to contact the GM's as the in-game error popped up and simply got told in the reply to try again later.

Shadowlander

Cool

i had the same problem and had to reset my password.even tho i can log in now it keeps saying i need to link my account . i just klick it away and log in to rift im from eu

Soulwalker

Default still after a full 30 hours getting the same #2017 error message.

haven't been able to login to glyph like the others for 2 days
    thanks.... love to use the game. yaknow, before you destroy it somehow...
    <3 a concerned gamer looking at a dying industry of pay windows and shiny shoddy stoof...

Soulwalker

Been getting the 2017 error for 3 days now. I'm on PC and I've tried starting the game through Steam and without Steam. Both ways I am forced to reenter my password and I get the error. I've tried resetting my password and verifying my location but the emails with the codes aren't coming through (I've checked I'm entering my email correctly). I play both EU and NA but I'm based in England.

Soulwalker

Default my repeatable fix/break

I have 2fa enabled on my account and this is a repeatable fix/break for my logging into Glyph.

1) Log into website, use security token, clear all trusted locations and log out of website
    4) Try Glyph hit login button ( get 2017 error ), close down Glyph
    5) Log into website, use security token and make sure box is checked for trusted location
    6) Try Glyph hit login button and it works
    7) Close Glyph
    8) On website clear trusted locations
    9) Try Glyph ( get 2017 error )

Every time I use the website to set my trusted location the Glyph client will allow me to work, clearing the trusted locations on the website and it is broken again. I can repeat this on my laptop and both gaming PCs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast