+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Error 2017 - Unable to log in issue

Soulwalker

PC, Win10, Error #2017
    I tried logging in with my other account and got this, confirming my location worked.

I got hit with error 2017. I just wanna play the game

EDIT: went to store.trionworlds.com and enter authentication code and managed to log in.
    Last edited by Xydru; 08-24-2019 at 02:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Default stop browser vpn

and change psword

Soulwalker

Default another error 2017

Unable to log in for a few days now due to the 2017 error like everyone else. To make matters worse i can't validate my location because it sends the code to an old email address that is no longer used. funny part is though i have been trying to get the email address changed but they are taking so long to do it ( i started the email change before the 2017 issue started).

I'm not sure if it is whats causing the 2017 issue but others who get the link to steam request come up and who have answered no seam to be fine logging in. I myself linked the login and that's when the 2017 error started. and i mean that log in to the game was the first 2017 error i got.

Edit : NA Servers, PCs Win 10, Steam and non steam.
    Last edited by DuststormZ; 08-25-2019 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Add Server Info

Shadowlander

Unhappy ERROR 2017

"Your client was not authorized to make a login request. Please try again later. (Error #2017)"

Both NA and EU
    PC direct
    Can login to Glyph website and forums but not Glyph itself.

BAH

I've posted this solution for other issues in the past, maybe it will help some for this problem..

Start task manager (ctrl +alt + del once)
    check the tabs for apps and processes.. delete everything glyph/rift related in those tabs.

Visit the website, download glyph.
    Run Glyph
    You get 3 options, go for ''repair"
    wait out the full repair (doesn't take as long as the repair from the login screen)

run glyph
    run any update given in the glyph screen (or steam/glyph screen)
    run the game

and please post if it works for you or not.

As for what icon to use in your screen.. shouldn't matter if it's glyph or rift, just rightclick the icon and open the source/file location. See if the icon refers to the application you want to start.. and if it refers to the location/drive you want to start it from.
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-25-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Visit the website, download glyph.
    Run Glyph
    You get 3 options, go for ''repair"
    wait out the full repair (doesn't take as long as the repair from the login screen)

run glyph
    run any update given in the glyph screen (or steam/glyph screen)
    run the game
    This is an issue with authorization, not a problem with the Glyph client. Repairing/reinstalling will not fix it. Please stop recommending this in every problem thread you reply to. You're just wasting people's time and effort.
    Last edited by MarginalSteve; 08-25-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Soulwalker

Default include me

Same issues as everyone else.
    Got to log in once a few days ago after a password change and now it just keeps sending confirmation codes to email but the Glyph launcher just goes to a 2017 error.

Tried to get back into the the website and try a password reset but now it just gives a 404 error code.

Took till today to even get this forum to work, because the login button would just give a error also.

Odd though that trying to log into the main page it wont let me in, but I then directly came here and it auto logged me in?

It's been days now. No response from the dev team on this issue? I guess it's a good way to shrink the player base. Login roulette.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MarginalSteve View Post
    This is an issue with authorization, not a problem with the Glyph client. Repairing/reinstalling will not fix it. Please stop recommending this in every problem thread you reply to. You're just wasting people's time and effort.

I don't care what the source of the issue is, I just rather waste time on trying something than waiting days for nothing...

And it worked for me.. so gl to all on the waiting list

Soulwalker

Windows 10, PC, Error #2017.

I tried the workaround of changing the password on the website and am able to log into Glyph there as well as the Rift forums. But the launcher persists in throwing error 2017. I am getting authentication emails from Trion/Glyph about access from a new location that provide a 6-digit code. But error 2017 does not provide a box or form to enter that number.

I posted in another thread http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ml#post5381973, same issue as above.

I have two accounts, one patron and one F2P. The patron account is fine and currently has no issues. However, the free account has been unable to log in since the morning of 8/23.

Soulwalker

Smile What Has Worked for Me

I have found that any notifications coming up in Windows 10 during supposed Focus Hours has the tenacity to crash Rift. So I just ALT-TAB out, close them and then I am able to log back in. For me, it typically happens during the hours of 3 a.m. - 7 a.m.

I am thinking that it is more related to Microsoft.

Soulwalker

Default What Has Worked for Me

I have found that any notifications coming up in Windows 10 during supposed Focus Hours has the tenacity to crash Rift. So I just ALT-TAB out, close them and then I am able to log back in. For me, it typically happens during the hours of 3 a.m. - 7 a.m.

I am thinking that it is more related to Microsoft.

Soulwalker

Default Patron status is affected too. (well for me anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Whipstock View Post
    Windows 10, PC, Error #2017.

I tried the workaround of changing the password on the website and am able to log into Glyph there as well as the Rift forums. But the launcher persists in throwing error 2017. I am getting authentication emails from Trion/Glyph about access from a new location that provide a 6-digit code. But error 2017 does not provide a box or form to enter that number.

I posted in another thread http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ml#post5381973, same issue as above.

I have two accounts, one patron and one F2P. The patron account is fine and currently has no issues. However, the free account has been unable to log in since the morning of 8/23.
    I am also a patron with just the one account and I still cant login

*sigh*
    Another day trying to login and another Error 2017 greeting me. This is frustrating.

PC, Win7, Error #2017
    Last edited by Ghostdragon; 08-28-2019 at 03:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast