+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Error 2017 - Unable to log in issue

Soulwalker

"Your client was not authorized to make a login request. Please try again later. (Error #2017)"

Same message for me.
    Region: EU
    PC:Win10 64bit
    ram 8gb
    cpu:intili5 3.4ghz

Please fix it,them rifts need closing!!

Soulwalker

Default Error #2017

3 days of being unable to log in now, 1st I got a #2024 then after a few attempts started getting the #2017 unauthorized message since then. I play on NA on my laptop (no Steam) My Patron days are wasting away and I don't want to miss out on Call to Action if its due. Plz let me in

Soulwalker

I managed to log into the game. It involved a completely fresh install of glyph on a differant drive than it was originaly installed on and managed to download the initial starter part (yellow bit of the download bar) and enter the game. I then closed the game down and copied my rift game folder over to the new folder and the error came back.
    So i guess 25gig of data to download again.........

Is this the same issue that might cause me to be unable to log into my account using the glyph website?
    I can log into the game just fine, but I can't access my account with the website (I can perfectly fine using the forums, as you can see). I also can't link glyph with my steam account, which wasn't an issue before. If these two errors are not related, I still can make a new thread about it, but I figured I check here first.

Default Error #2017

I just installed Glyph & Rift on my new PC and got the said error when trying to log onto my account. Since it's been a couple of years when I logged on last time, I thought that maybe it was an issue with my password, and tried the recovery procedure, but a couple of hours later still no email. Then I thought that maybe it's some sort of security issue involving the machine that I'm logged on, but the same thing happens on my old laptop that I used to play the game before.

I'm able to log here on the forums, though, so clearly the old account info is still valid.

I'm using Glyph directly - no Steam. I am in EU trying to access the EU server. PC configuration is irrelevant to the issue.

Good thing from my point of view is that since I'm only considering becoming active again, I'm not really losing anything here. Maybe I'll try again in a few days. We'll see.

Soulwalker

I also use glyph direct. Normally I type in email & password and get authentication sent to me, but as soon as I click log in it comes up with the lil box for "unauthorized etc. (error #2017) " I get the verification code in email but can't use it, I was able to log in to check my patron days left, But just not letting me log into game itself

Soulwalker

Default NA, PC, client not authorized message.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Mobi View Post
    If you are unable to log in and seeing "Your client was not authorized to make a login request. Please try again later. (Error #2017)" we are working on a way to help with this issue.

Let us know your region (NA or EU) and platform: PC (include Steam if using)

Some players have mentioned creating a new password or confirming your location through email to link your account have helped them log in.

Thanks!
    NA, PC. I was able to get into the game about an hour ago, yet when I tried just now I got the client not authorized message.

Soulwalker

Default Good time to offer a refund for patron time bought

I find this unacceptable from a game, so I think now would be a perfect time to offer a way to cancel my account and pay me back the patron subscription I have 10 months left of.

This is not an issue that poor users shall struggle to fix, this is master incompetence from the developers or system admins, that you need to fix, and it should not take several days, if you had any idea what you were doing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dunizel View Post
    I find this unacceptable from a game, so I think now would be a perfect time to offer a way to cancel my account and pay me back the patron subscription I have 10 months left of.

This is not an issue that poor users shall struggle to fix, this is master incompetence from the developers or system admins, that you need to fix, and it should not take several days, if you had any idea what you were doing.
    Agree.

The last three months of patron should be refunded or given out for free.

For a free to play game they certainly hate giving away free stuff.

Soulwalker

Angry Error #2017 issue

I've tried for 3 days now to clear my login history my cookies everything and changed my password but I'm still unable to log in

Pc-NA
    Steam log in

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ForRum View Post
    I have 2fa enabled on my account and this is a repeatable fix/break for my logging into Glyph.

1) Log into website, use security token, clear all trusted locations and log out of website
    4) Try Glyph hit login button ( get 2017 error ), close down Glyph
    5) Log into website, use security token and make sure box is checked for trusted location
    6) Try Glyph hit login button and it works
    7) Close Glyph
    8) On website clear trusted locations
    9) Try Glyph ( get 2017 error )

Every time I use the website to set my trusted location the Glyph client will allow me to work, clearing the trusted locations on the website and it is broken again. I can repeat this on my laptop and both gaming PCs.

Weird! I just had this Error #2017 issue when logging with Glyph 30min ago (was fine logging in last night). I ended up doing what ForRum did above.

I went to https://store.trionworlds.com/account/profile and used the Glyph Authentication phone-app to login successfully. After that, I was able to login into Glyph with no Error #2017. Hope this helps.

Soulwalker

game worked fine, but now its asking me to use an authenticator, which i dont have access to that device, im a returning player and cannot log in to game with a 2017 error...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by daylatehero View Post
    game worked fine, but now its asking me to use an authenticator, which i dont have access to that device, im a returning player and cannot log in to game with a 2017 error...
    check your email if it's same one you always had.
    I'm guessing game got updated updated, - alot having that same error in last 3 days,

Soulwalker

Default No Informations 🤨🤨

Login not possible Authentication code must be requested and will not be sent ... Terrible. 3 days I'm waiting and no feedback from the GM. Ticket is not processed

Soulwalker

Default Error #2017 * * * * * Finally got in

ok, along with others it's been driving me crazy, frustrated not know what to do, who & how to get answers from/to

ok this arvo clicked on that lil Rift icon on my screen
    done the Repair thing a 3rd time, - clicked on the Accounts ( no probs loggin into that and forums, just NOT game)
    I thought I'd try clickin the - Log in using window thing - which downloads glyph again, so I thought ok then asks to run it, ok, says I got it alread
    So I thought ok check the rift icon on my screen and then open 'Start' and check icon out on that - uhmmm not the same so I clicked on it and BINGO got to sign into game

the icon on screen is from way back - but has always worked right up to 2017 error started - so now just icon from Start menu . . . . . . . . . . . GL to the rest of you hope find away in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast