+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By elfwad
  • 1 Post By Skiye
  • 1 Post By elfwad

Thread: No NPCs in the world again today.

Soulwalker

Default No NPCs in the world again today.

I've been trying to play for a few days now, but most times I log in there are no NPCs in the world, hostile or friendly. I think there were NPCs yesterday, but not today and not the two days before yesterday. The first time I ran into this problem I ran into a couple other players, but haven't seen any since. With no NPCs, there's not much to do, so I don't stay in game long.

Quote Originally Posted by elfwad View Post
    I've been trying to play for a few days now, but most times I log in there are no NPCs in the world, hostile or friendly. I think there were NPCs yesterday, but not today and not the two days before yesterday. The first time I ran into this problem I ran into a couple other players, but haven't seen any since. With no NPCs, there's not much to do, so I don't stay in game long.
    You may have corrupted assets on your PC. You should probably try to run the repair tool on your game.

On your glyph client right click on the left menu game bar on the rift entry and select repair from the menu. It may take a bit but just let it run.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Thanks for the suggestion.

Repaired completed. No change in game. Rebooted. No change in game.

The first time I logged in and there were no NPCs, I toddled over to another quest hub to see if there were any there. There weren't, but there were two players. I mentioned the lack of NPCs. They said the game had been like that for an hour. I assumed it was a game-wide issue. From the response above, it sounds like this issue isn't affecting everyone else in game and that most people can play normally. Weird.

Default Try to change the shard

Have you ever changed the shard? I had the same problem a few months ago, but there was always a shard where the NPCs were present. At some point the actual problem was solved.

Hop off of greybriar.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Hop off of greybriar.
    Ah. Yes. Checked a toon on Deepwood. No problem.

Time to transfer my toons off Greybriar, I suppose. Thanks!

you dont need to transfer any toons!
    you can 'visit' other shards using the 'teleport to shard' option from right clicking your character portrait.
    select a shard that isnt greybriar to 'visit'

your characters home will still be greybriar.. if you log off and back on it will put you on greybriar again, simply right click and use the menu again to visit another shard.

+ Reply to Thread