+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Bug Report]

Default [Bug Report]

The Birds zone event in Shimmersand is not giving credit towards the quest "For the Birds". In addition, the boss is giving the "planar inequity" debuff, despite being well within the level required for the zone. I can only recall this happening in Shimmersand. This hasn't happened for me in Freemarch or Silverwood.
    Faeblight Dimensions by Leto - Stare Into the Universe (under renovation). An Icy Reception (closed for move). Wrecked Oasis. Early Mornings and Rainbows. Run for your life (Maze). One Thousand Springs

out of curiosity.. what level was the boss and what level were you playing at?

The group varied between level 50 and 57. No one got credit for the boss.
    Faeblight Dimensions by Leto - Stare Into the Universe (under renovation). An Icy Reception (closed for move). Wrecked Oasis. Early Mornings and Rainbows. Run for your life (Maze). One Thousand Springs

mhm... shimmersand ranges from 41/42 to 50.... The map says 43-50, but there are quests at sandaxie pit, that start at level 41/42...

You don't necessarily need to mentor to the zone, but at times also to the boss...

And 7 may be the official range, I've come across issues with shimmersand in the past where 53 was too high already
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-11-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Someone in the group said 57 should be fine. I tried it out since mentoring to 45 and 50 didn't get rid of the debuff either. As to the level of the boss, I have no idea at this point.

Rift Disciple

Blood fire behemoths are inexplicably within 5 of the boss. Maybe the birds boss is the same way?

All zone event credits are close a rift that gives credit IF that is one of the objectives while within 7 for the final stage, or within 7 of the boss except to my knowledge the behemoth.

More exceptions, 7 above the lowest level for a zone or less and picking up an unstable artifact and being at or below 7 + lowest level for a zone gets you credit for the event and sparkle quest during unstable events.

Being in a zone even without participating at less than 7 over the low level when an unstable finishes got you Battle Pass credit during season 1. Maybe 2 can fix that.

Things in Freemarch and Silverwood seem to be a bit more interesting as rifts and most enemies give credit up to level 20 regardless of rift/invasion/boss level. Except of course again bloodfire behemoths.

And if you're in doubt make sure the thing you are trying to kill has a level that is not grey. Green, yellow, orange and even red if you can manage are usually good. though red can get over the +7 above you space and fail credit.

XP gain.. stuff needs to be green.. 7 levels over is the max.

Depending on type of event/boss, requirements are usually
    A closing/helping to close 3 rifts
    B kill 3 invasions (which means doing damage to the invasion leader, not just the trash that follows him)
    C do damage to the boss

As long as the event succeeds, you will get credit if you have performed any of those requirements and are within the required level range for the event when the event ends. So you can run around at level 70 killing rifts in silverwood till the boss spawns, then mentor to 15 and wait for the boss to die.
    For this type of events, or basically any event, I would suggest mentoring to 3 levels over the boss.. just to be on the safe side.

Silverwood and Freemarch are initially excluded from the level requirement.
    If you stay at level 20 max, you should get credit for events and closing rifts.
    This may not work for certain quests though, On occasion there are quests/rifts that do require the adjusted level range of 7.
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-13-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Shadowlander

Can confirm the bug. I was mentored to 50 and after a fight of 5 mins with Bydus, did not get credit for the quest. It seemed to happen only in Shimmersand out of the 2 zones I participated (Stillmoor being the second). I did participate in closing rifts and killing invasions (unmentored) if that matters.
    Last edited by Dragate; 08-13-2019 at 03:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread