+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 4 Post By MadManAcrossTheWater
  • 2 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By Ambrianna

Thread: NA Zone Event API not working [2019-07-24]

Default NA Zone Event API not working [2019-07-24]

I've already talked to a dev on Discord - however this post is for the record and so I have something to link to

Since: NA downtime 24 July - the last record event I have started at Wed Jul 24 04:00:42 PDT 2019

The zone event tracker for NA not working correctly.

At first, it was showing outdated information. Then, I believe, it was taken down and is now showing an Incapsula error.

Code:
    $ curl -k -s -m 10 https://web-api-us.riftgame.com/chatservice/zoneevent/list?shardId=1702; echo
    <html style="height:100%"><head><META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW"><meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no"><meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0"><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1"><script type="text/javascript" src="/_Incapsula_Resource?SWJIYLWA=719d34d31c8e3a6e6fffd425f7e032f3"></script></head><body style="margin:0px;height:100%"><iframe src="/_Incapsula_Resource?CWUDNSAI=32&xinfo=12-8812440-0%200NNN%20RT%281564067664322%20122%29%20q%280%20-1%20-1%20-1%29%20r%280%20-1%29%20U18&incident_id=1170000320026590291-49411636017103372&edet=29&cinfo=ffffffff" frameborder=0 width="100%" height="100%" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px">Request unsuccessful. Incapsula incident ID: 1170000320026590291-49411636017103372</iframe></body></html>
    If you don't want to peruse JSON or use curl, take a look at YARET Lite, which simply displays exactly what the API is giving it and bails out if requests fail: which is why as of this writing, the timestamp at the bottom shows 24 July when it's the 25th now. Once the API is working correctly, that page should update in a couple minutes. If all the events are more than 120 minutes old, then the API is showing stale data.

Please fix the NA zone event API!

ALSO: The SSL certificate for web-api-us.riftgame.com expired on Tuesday, July 16, 2019 and needs to be replaced
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 07-25-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Rift Disciple

Just wanted to take a moment and thank you for creating YARET, and keeping it going all these years, as it's an invaluable tool for the way I like to play Rift. Thank you for making this and keeping it going! And Kudos for providing such a great tool, and making Rift a better place in the process.

I hope this isn't the end of the road for your awesome tool, as Rift is harder when we cannot see the network of events unfolding as they happen. Examples of YARET usage:
    Still like to "Sparkle" every month and that is made so much easier being able to form a mini-neural network of living breathing events that YARET has always provided for us (the "network" is formed by the level required to get credit for events, forming clusters, and I like to start at higher levels and slowly mentor down to the bottom, then mentor back upward. Rinse and repeat as needed). Guess I'm just weird, but there is still something awesome about running around The Dendrome, mentored down to level 20, waiting for Silverwood and Freemarch events to cash in, while running along the top of some high broken wall, chasing after the blue shinys, where falling off is almost certain death. Rush! (plus it adds lots of high quality nostalgia, just by going back to areas which formed the "golden years")
    One of the other things I like to use it for is topping off my planarite balance after buying some stupidly expensive tenebrean attuners needed for upgrades. All of those lower Starfall map *soon to fail* events have always provided decent amounts of planarite by defending a town from the onslaught of invasions, especially places like Theodor's Spear. With YARET, I could easily bounce between shards/areas and make 50-60K planarite in no time, hitting all of the active events and culling the invasions. Was a decent little mini-game, in and of itself. And sometimes, people actually show up and go for it, and that just adds more Sparkles!
    Without YARET, I feel like I have no eyes on the world. And stumbling around blind is NOT fun (well, unless being totally drunk and falling off my mount or riding over a cliff, lol). Here's hoping they take your notice seriously and fix the low end network code for exposing all running events. We need YARET!!!! Stumbling around blind? Not so much...

It broke for a while on EU when we went GCP so i imagine its the same issue for NA.
    Hope it gets sorted soon!

Thank you Mr Lake for all your hard work and your dev poking!

YARET is a great tool. Here's hoping a dev or two takes note and fixes the issue.

I use YARET daily. I am really missing it now that it down. BTW thank you forbiddenlake for this awesome tool. Please help him get this back up and running.

Shadowlander

I also use and appreciate Yaret. It's great not to have to shard hop when I log on to see what's going on, especially on those days when shard hopping is especially laggy. It's nice to be able to filter out all those chat messages about zone events too. Thank you for all your work on it. Hopefully it will be available again soon.

Soulwalker

Default Devs?

Have the Devs said anything about this yet?

Prophet of Telara

You can use my Event Tracker addon with overlay display and text to speech until they get it fixed. The addon also works without the Web API with the logfile that Rift generates.

Today's update:

HTTPS: Incapsula incident.

HTTP: 404 error

Shadowlander

Thank you for doing YARET! It's a wonderful tool, and I do use it fairly often.

I hope that other player is right, when he said the EU side was broken too, but got fixed - so NA should be fixable too.

Soulwalker

Default It makes you appreciate

Trion now doesn' it? Why can't they keep the shards up, and why can't they get this fixed.. honestly. Patrons have lost countless days to shards being down.

Enough already fix the gd game.

Soulwalker

It shouldn't even have broken the 2nd time since they should've learned from the mistakes they made the 1st time around, when they moved the EU servers to the cloud...
    ... and it shouldn't take this long to get it fixed the 2nd time.

+ Reply to Thread