Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By SilentWass9755
  • 2 Post By abaigeal
  • 1 Post By Batsy
  • 1 Post By Batsy

Thread: Won't connect to server

Soulwalker

Angry Won't connect to server

i have tried for about an hour to connect to servers and still no luck. What is going on that is causing me not to connect. my internet isn't the problem. 9 hours for maintenance and even more time with servers down. i just want to play the game not have to wait to play it till something gets fixed.I'm greatly disappointing especially with putting so much money into the game

Same problem here.. EU is fine, but NA won't let me get into the char selection screen.

If it helps any..

the % counter starts staggering at 50%, with line 129 : connecting to character selection server in the upper left corner.

i see the pause at 52, 55, 57 and at 60%, I see line 130 : connecting to character selection server at alternate address...

then it goes up to 67% and gives the message '' failed to connect to the server Click ok to try again or cancel to exit.''

Soulwalker

Default NA Servers

I'm able to connect, yet ALL the NA servers are down, wth?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by abaigeal View Post
    I'm able to connect, yet ALL the NA servers are down, wth?
    Still seems to be the case, almost an hour later. Any information?
    Last edited by wispfox; 07-24-2019 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Time zone confusion!

Soulwalker

Default still......................

finally a notice two hours after I asked, it says "emergency shutdown" 1.25 hours ago. Prompted to update, thought it'd be up, I got a nothing burger instead.

I certainy hope everyone has a lootbox in their mail, this f'n sucks, especially being a patron!

hugs and kisses trion, or whatever they're called now

Soulwalker

Hmm cannot connect here still had a update

Unable to connect to server, STILL. I've run through all the advised steps to connect, repair, uninstall, re-install, and still can't connect. Is there actually anyone looking into this? I'm not the only one that's getting this horsecrap.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Same problem here.. EU is fine, but NA won't let me get into the char selection screen.

If it helps any..

the % counter starts staggering at 50%, with line 129 : connecting to character selection server in the upper left corner.

i see the pause at 52, 55, 57 and at 60%, I see line 130 : connecting to character selection server at alternate address...

then it goes up to 67% and gives the message '' failed to connect to the server Click ok to try again or cancel to exit.''

Able to duplicate issue:
    Confirm I'm having the exact same issue.

Servers: It's happening to both EU and NA servers for me.

Duration:
    Has been a few days now

Notes: Mine seems to be making it to about 72% now. Still getting the same " line 130 : connecting to character selection server at alternate address"

Soulwalker

A little update

If you continue to get "Failed to connect" even when you know others are able to play. If are running an older operating system like Win XP, You prob won't be able to fix the issue until you upgrade windows.

I checked our main (win-10) system, and can connect fine...well as fine as anyone else right now lol

I cannot connect to the game with my old backup system anymore. That system still gets the "Failed to Connect" Even when I can connect fine on the Win-10 system.

I put in a ticket and was advised that my system's old Operating system is no longer supported. Was told to review the game's minimum requirements and not offered any help to sort it out...despite the fact that the game has been running the game just fine for years on this old dino.

Not too concerned as I'm doing a new build in a week or so. Just hate to see you wasting your time trying to fix the issue if you are still on an old version of windows.

Oh and if they have disabled support for old operating systems the way Blizzard did, they haven't announced it here, and they haven't updated the requirements on the site...lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Won't connect to server-rift-minimum.jpg  
    Last edited by Ardaran; 08-01-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Telaran

Default can't connect to US server

created a new toon on Greybriar this thursday--got it to lvl 4 in Terminus--before it started having problems killing the required mobs--mobs took a minute before they apppeared--then the action took several minutes to be shown on interface--that I was killing it (while the ui indicator only showed a pretty normal 150 ms from EU)--since logging out--and trying to log in next day--CAN'T log in on that char---and because I'm so called still logged in onthat char--CAN'T log in on any US char--because get message "you are still logged in on Batsyfiftynine"

Soulwalker

Telaran

GLYPH not the problem--my EU chars are fine--most new US chars run into trouble in starter area

+ Reply to Thread