+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Reopening of a closed guild?

Default Reopening of a closed guild?

Hi,
    I left Rift 2014, now I'm back since two months and found my guild closed. My mainchar Aeonia was the creator and leader of the guild and now non of my characters are inside the guild and there is no way for me to invite one of my chars again.
    So I wrote a message to the customer support (121 38 21) and asked, if it is possible to reopen my guild and invite Aeonia or my new mainchar Devilicia? And Claire send me to this thread...^^
    I'm playing on the EU-Shard Brutwacht (2014 until today) and the name of my guild was "Dark Elysium". Like i wrote above the creator and the leader of the guild was my char Aeonia and I would be very happy, when you could find a way to help me get my guild (and my dimension: Kingdom of Heaven) back . Thanks a lot

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Please give the option to turn off leadership decay in guilds.

Good luck with your request.

I think in the current state of this games cycle that there should be an option to turn off the 30 day decay please.

I know many people that log in every 3 weeks just to make sure they keep the guild they have that no one logs into regularly anymore. Dimensions bought a sentiment that wasn't around when the game launched and its keeping the dimension as well as the guilds level or even just the name plus all the people still on the list that no longer play that's really important to some for as long as this game exists.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-19-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Two questions..

Were you the only player/account in that guild?

(did you check if the guild itself still is around?)

nvm that 2nd question..

And I'm guessing the answer to the first question is no.
    I checked guildfinder for brutwacht, the guild Dark Elysium is still there and has 1 member in it.

I'm assuming this is not you.

And if that's the case, I'm afraid you have no chance of getting your guild back. The word 'closed' that is shown in the description is something that is written in the recruitment tab of the guild.
    It means the one member of the guild describes the guild as closed, which probably means he/she won't accept applications for membership request.

It is not something the system or Trion/Gamigo did to the guild.

The guild system changed in one important way, to prevent guild issues when guild leaders stayed away from game too long.. After a month absence, guild leaders should receive a mail (should be rl mail, not game mail) to log in to the game to keep leadership. If a guild leader would then stay away for another period of time, there would be an auto-promote in guild.. the leader would no longer be the leader and next in line would be auto-promoted to leader.

And it seems that's what happened to your guild.
    Last edited by Aranka; 07-20-2019 at 03:59 AM.

I thought, that my boyfriend and I were the last two members of Dark Elysium when we left, but neither he nor I are inside the guild, so I'm really not sure anymore .
    But nobody, who used to be in the guild is still playing Rift and it would have to be clear that I founded Dark Elysium and guided it all the years until we left the game. We founded it on the Server Immerwacht as "Elysium" and after a servermerge, we had to change the name in "Dark Elysium", now on Brutwacht.
    I don't know, who closed the guild, but there is no one left to ask, nobody plays the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Devilicia View Post
    But nobody, who used to be in the guild is still playing Rift and it would have to be clear that I founded Dark Elysium and guided it all the years until we left the game. We founded it on the Server Immerwacht as "Elysium" and after a servermerge, we had to change the name in "Dark Elysium", now on Brutwacht.
    I don't know, who closed the guild, but there is no one left to ask, nobody plays the game...
    1.. you left the game.. which is the reason why somebody else in the guild got auto-promoted.

2...There is somebody left...

And the guild is probably not closed as you would think..

That word "closed" is actually typed by a (most likely the last remaining) player in that guild, who had the recruit permission.. It is a typed word, could also have been 'we do not recruit' or 'this is a private guild' or 'tomorrow I'll send you flowers'. It is a description somebody typed, not a status.

In guildfinder, the guild shows 1 member still in that guild.. He/she got most likely auto-promoted during the time you were away from the game and now owns the guild. Chance is he kicked everybody else from the guild.

And if it is not a third person, it is one of your alts or one of your boyfriends alts.. So I'd suggest checking all your chars to see if anyone of either your or your friends toons is in that guild.

If it is somebody else, try to message them through the guildfinder or check the friends list from time to time and search on the guild name.
    Last edited by Aranka; 07-20-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Yes, you're right, thanks. "Closed" is not a status, someone wrote it...

I checked all our alts, none of them is the leader. But in the infoboxes of our alts, guild still has Dark Elysium, although they are no longer in it.
    I wrote a message via guild finder to the current, anonymous guild leader, but nobody answered. and none of our friends are still playing RIFT.

Do you know, if there's a way to find out the name of the current guild leader?
    Last edited by Devilicia; 07-20-2019 at 02:59 PM.

the only way would be to keep checking the friends list

menubar > social > friends
    In that window, click 'search' in the bottom.
    then type in the name of the guild in thd 'guild search' box
    If the player in the guild is online, his/her name will show in the list.

the other option would be mailing him through guildfinder and wait for an answer

both have a small chance, since it depends on this player being online, reading his/her mail and/or being willing to write back.

You could also try to ask in 1-29 chat if anybody knows the player in the guild, maybe it is someone's alt and is he/she more often on his/her main.

other than that, I'm not sure there are any other options.. You could ask Gamigo, but I assume this would be considered private information and not told, just because a players asks for it.
    Maybe Gamigo could send a rl mail to the player/account mail belonging to that player, but that would be up to Gamigo.

>>Any reply from a Dev in this would be appreciated....

Thanks for your advice, Aranka, but I did all that without any results .

I think the guild is "dead" and the current leader is not playing anymore. I tried to "reopen" (yes, now I know,the guild is not that "closed"^^) Dark Elysium in 2017, then some rl stuff happened and I could not play again, until now. But already in 2017 our alts were no longer in the guild.

I wrote to Gamigo, too, and Claire from the customer support send me here to the Bug reports thread to talk to a dev and I hope that i'm right here^^. And I hope a dev can help me, to find out, if the guild is dead and can reinvite me.
    I think, they can find out if someone is still playing or not and finding a solution accordingly.

But I really want to thank you for your kind support, Aranka. Thank you for taking the time to help me .

you're welcome

Good luck on geting your guild back.

Thank you^^.

Does anyone know how long it can take for a dev to answer? O.O

Or can I do anything else to make contact with a Dev?
    Last edited by Devilicia; 07-21-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Ok, I know the headline is wrong. The guild is not closed, but blocked .... and dead. I've been playing Rift again for more than 3 months now, and nobody was online in the guild during this time
    That's more than 96 days.
    My character Aeonia, the founder and leader of the guild until 2014, received an inactivity warning in March, more precisely on March 21, 2014, and was eventually replaced sooner or later. The question arises: by whom?

The only possible ones are characters from the account of my friend or mine, possibly even the accounts of ingame-friends. Meanwhile they do not longer play and no longer appear by name, but only as a number combination.
    So if it is impossible for the devs to invite me back, even though it is obvious that I do not want to take over a dead, idle guild, but was the founder and leader until the break, so if it was impossible, replacing the current, long-term inactive leader with an active leader, who is back in the game, it would help to know which character is the leader now.
    Not the name of the account, not the right name, only the name of the character. To know if a third party has actually taken over the guild, or not just a deleted character from me or my friend from before. With all the servermerges in the past period this seems at least possible.

So could a Dev check this on occasion and let me know? It would really be important to me. Thank you.

I feel ignored .

Are you sure that devs exist or is that just a myth? O.o

Soulwalker

Default I second that emotion

You say Brutwatcht it's very obvious to me that whoever this person is that kicked you and your boyfriends toons from the guild had every intention of doing so and knew that you two we taking a hiatus from the game to to RL issues which do come up from time to time in a persons life. I don't think you should have lost leadership of a guild you cultivated and created for god's sake. I mean where is the common decency in some of these players. I have a couple of toons on EU and I will do what I can to assist you in getting back your guild. I hope the Dev's do also I mean technically the guild was stolen from you and your man. Because if the intentions where good then why boot the guild leader and co leaders toons and everyone else for that matter it means you wanted to take what wasn't yours to take in the first place. As I said I do hope the results of this is going to turn out well in your favor.

Thank you^^.

And yes, but the really weird thing is, my bf and I thought both (until today) we were the only two left in the guild when we left Rift, because we just knew how Rift regulates the succession. We spent a long time in Rift, were a raid guild, that's why I'm so irritated now.
    And I would like to clarify it.
    I know there are much more important stuff in the world, but that is still important to me and no one ist approachable or seems to be responsible .
    The customer support referred me here to talk to the devs and here are many nice, helpful players, but apparently the devs do not care. Schnurzegal would say in German
    And even though I realize they are certainly busy, a quick note that they are aware of the problem, would be helpful.

Default I hope a dev. reads, understands my problem and answers :( Ticket: 121 38 21

@ any dev
    Have you found out now who, or which character currently leads the guild Dark Elysium?
    I do not want a rl name or e-mail account, only the ingame name and that should not fall under the privacy policy.
    The guild is dead and I have no way to see who took it.
    Since my friend and I were the last members of this guild (who also founded and led them, as we have noted many times), I would like to know if it was possible to acquire the guild so easily and if there is a way to get my guild back ,

à tout dev
    Avez-vous découvert qui ou quel personnage dirige actuellement la guilde Dark Elysium?
    Je ne souhaite pas de nom ni de compte e-mail rl, mais uniquement du nom de jeu et ne devrait pas être couvert par la politique de confidentialité.
    La guilde est morte et je n'ai aucun moyen de voir qui l'a prise.
    Puisque mon ami et moi étions les derniers membres de cette guilde (qui les a également fondés et dirigés, comme nous l’avons noté à maintes reprises), je voudrais savoir s’il était possible d’acquérir la guilde si facilement et s’il existe un moyen de récupérer ma guilde. ,

a cualquier desarrollador
    ¿Has descubierto quién o qué personaje lidera actualmente el gremio Dark Elysium?
    No quiero un nombre de usuario o una cuenta de correo electrónico, solo el nombre del juego y eso no debe estar incluido en la política de privacidad.
    El gremio está muerto y no tengo forma de ver quién lo tomó.
    Como mi amigo y yo fuimos los últimos miembros de este gremio (que también los fundó y los dirigió, como hemos señalado muchas veces), me gustaría saber si fue posible adquirir el gremio tan fácilmente y si hay una manera de recuperar mi gremio ,

an irgendeinen Dev
    Habt ihr jetzt herausgefunden, wer, bzw. welcher Charakter momentan die Gilde Dark Elysium leitet?
    Ich möchte keinen rl-Namen oder E-Mail-Account haben, nur den Ingame-Namen und der wird ja wohl nicht unter den Datenschutz fallen.
    Die Gilde ist tot und ich habe keine Möglichkeit zu sehen, wer diese übernommen hat.
    Da mein Freund und ich die letzten Mitglieder dieser Gilde waren, möchte ich gerne wissen, ob es möglich war, sich diese so einfach anzueignen und ob es einen Weg gibt, meine Gilde zurückzubekommen .
    Last edited by Devilicia; 08-12-2019 at 04:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast