+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Reopening of a closed guild?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I am unsure there is anyone on (specifically) the Rift team now with the expertise to look into something that goes back before Gamigo took over let alone going back 5 years.

You may just have to let this go though I share your sentiment in expecting a response. This section of the forum was initially opened only two years ago for better stream lining of bug reports.

If it is no longer of any use to current staff, maybe close it & ask Customer Support to stop asking players to ask a Dev on forums just to get no response?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-12-2019 at 06:28 AM.

So, I expect all efforts to get my old guild back, just because neither the support nor the dev are able to tackle the problem, seek a solution, or at least answer me? Seriously?

I like to play Rift, it's fun for me right now, I'm a regular player and invest not insignificant money, because I like costumes, mounts, so all the unnecessary frippery, and equip my alts accordingly.
    Is it really asking too much to get an answer from a dev?
    I was neither rude nor do I demand the impossible.

I'm coming back after 5 years and can not get in my guild anymore. My friend and I both agree that our two accounts were the only ones in the Guild when we left Rift. Because we knew that otherwise the leader changes.
    So what happened?

Did one of my characters become the leader, which I then deleted?
    Have we been removed from the guild in a crash or server merge without getting back? Such mistakes happen quite often as you can read in the forum.
    Has anyone hacked the guild?

It could be helpful to know who is the leader of the guild at the moment. But for that I would have to get an answer. And that seems to be impossible!

The costumer support sends me to this thread and that's it?

You're kidding me....do you? O.O

I tried Magelo database. There is a guild link by characters but that seems to be broken.

Thanks Nuuli,

the only guild name on Brutwacht I can find on Magelo is Darkcon, but I don't know magelo very well ( I just registered today).
    If you really found "Dark Elysium" can you tell me the name of the character, please?

I don't know what else I could do. Nothing without the help of a dev, I believe.That's very frustrating.

Ok, here is a video of my guild from 6 years ago. It's not about the video, it's just that you can see that Madevil and Aeonia were in the raid and/or guild leadership.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10htwg

When I click on the names of my friend's alts in Aeonia's friends list and open the infobox, it says: Guild: Dark Elysium, even though he's no longer in there and when I click on my chars in the infobox of his friends list, then all, except Aeonia, have a guild: Dark Elysium, although not one in the guild.

The devs can see who was online the last time and when that was. Since no one else should have been in the guild, except us, Dark Elysium must have been dead for a long time. But without a dev there is no way to find a solution.

After I started playing Rift again, I had to rename all the chars (my chars and the chars of my friend) because they all had an X in front of the name. I think that the situation, that led to the loss of the names (crash or merge) is also responsible for the fact that I no longer have a guild. And this situation may have happend a long time ago as well.

I have an idea ... could anyone who reads this report me? (Or do I first have to write wild obscenities in the thread?) Then a dev would have to look in ...or not?
    Last edited by Devilicia; 08-12-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilicia View Post
    Thanks Nuuli,

the only guild name on Brutwacht I can find on Magelo is Darkcon, but I don't know magelo very well ( I just registered today).
    If you really found "Dark Elysium" can you tell me the name of the character, please?

I don't know what else I could do. Nothing without the help of a dev, I believe.That's very frustrating.

Ok, here is a video of my guild from 6 years ago. It's not about the video, it's just that you can see that Madevil and Aeonia were in the raid and/or guild leadership.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10htwg

When I click on the names of my friend's alts in Aeonia's friends list and open the infobox, it says: Guild: Dark Elysium, even though he's no longer in there and when I click on my chars in the infobox of his friends list, then all, except Aeonia, have a guild: Dark Elysium, although not one in the guild.

The devs can see who was online the last time and when that was. Since no one else should have been in the guild, except us, Dark Elysium must have been dead for a long time. But without a dev there is no way to find a solution.

After I started playing Rift again, I had to rename all the chars (my chars and the chars of my friend) because they all had an X in front of the name. I think that the situation, that led to the loss of the names (crash or merge) is also responsible for the fact that I no longer have a guild. And this situation may have happend a long time ago as well.

I have an idea ... could anyone who reads this report me? (Or do I first have to write wild obscenities in the thread?) Then a dev would have to look in ...or not?

Magelo works via it's app. When you log a character on Rift, it syncs with their data base. But, I've tried my chars and clicked the guild link, and nada. It's broke. Used to be you could list everyone in that guild. It's been a while.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

If there is nobody in the Guild then Gamigo should be able to simply transfer you back in there

When i transferred my Guild from Zaviel to Typhiria a few weeks before the forced merge, the Guild went one way and i went the other, after a few posts and tickets they eventually put me back into the Guild as Guild Leader so they can and will do it.

Keep pestering them but politely, just needs the right person to see it and take action.

according to guildfinder on brutwacht....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reopening of a closed guild?-2019-08-13_120741.jpg  
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-13-2019 at 02:20 AM.

Yes, Aranca, I know this screen... I saw it day after day after day.... since I started with Rift again, that was ~ 20.05.2019, I think.
    This was definitely the day I wrote to the support. The answer came shortly before I opened the thread here. You see .... time goes by ... nothing happens.

And since that day I try to get my guild back.

I wrote messages to this mysterious "ghost" ... every day one... no one answered, no one was online since more than three months.

That's why I asked and ask my questions:... again and again and again.

Who is that ghost? Is it one of my deleted chars? Is it someone, who hacked the guild. What happened there?

An empty screeen without information can't give an answer. Only a dev can.

When you return to a game, after a few years' break, and find that your guild has been "hijacked" by something or somebody and you have lost access, it's very frustrating.
    The lack of cooperation or help of the devs does not improve this condition.
    This kind of ignorance only reinforces the whole thing.
    And is not really conducive to business. But maybe that's not in the interest of Gamigo.

I like the game, I like the community, but the devs or the support: FUrchtbar!!
    Last edited by Devilicia; 08-14-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Keep pestering them but politely, just needs the right person to see it and take action.
    Don't worry^^, I will not post any bad stuff, that was only meant ironically.
    I'm disappointed and a little annoyed by the way the support works, but that's no reason to get obscene.

Do you think the right person is already alive or does he/she have to be born yet? O.o ;)

Or differently asked:
    Should not every dev be the right person?
    And should not every dev look around in the forum parts (from time to time) to which people are sent, if the support does not find a solution?
    How long does it take until the right person finds the right thread? Days, weeks have already passed, months, possibly years?
    Last edited by Devilicia; 08-14-2019 at 03:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2