+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Shanoah
  • 2 Post By Jool
  • 2 Post By Mrwidoes

Thread: Summerfest quests randomly abandoning

Default Summerfest quests randomly abandoning

The summerfest questline is randomly abandoning with the message that "the required world event phase has ended." It happened twice during The Great Planar Scavenger Hunt Part 1 when I shard hopped, and then a third time on the same phase when I used a teleport from Draumheim to Tarken Glacier (where the Tarken Glacier Challenge is located).
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Default You beat me to it Shen!!!

Many people are affected by this according to x-events chat...
    5-6 times for me, as described by OP and also if I shard-hopped to Seastone - it happened both times, so not sure if PVP status also aggravating the issue.
    It just flat out auto-abandoned all Summerfest quests - even the sunfish ones and the Meta / continent ones...
    This is going to be rough to try and push many alts to get their seals if this isn't fixed.
    Please do, do now.
    Thanks
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Default Disconcerting isn't it?

All event quests disappeared on my Jerkeiner alt when I shard hopped to complete the Draumheim quest. Re-logging didn't help.
    Meamir@Wolfsbane GM "Old Farts"

Rift Disciple

This seems to happen in NMT zones when teleporting/shard-hopping. The world event phase is detected as over and the quests (irrespective of which expansion they are from) are dropped accordingly. You do not lose progress on the meta-quests, but you have to reacquire them from their respective NPCs, which is an additional annoyance on top of a world event that already requires a significant amount of footwork and porting around.

Plane Walker

Another example of live testing. I don't understand, how hard is it to test basic ****. You literally have another version of the game PURELY for testing, yet you don't touch it? Jesus ****ing christ, Archonix's idiot doings still lingering I see.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

sounds like it would be wise to group for the quest.. have one at the npc to pick up/share the quest whenever it drops

Quote Originally Posted by Meamir View Post
    All event quests disappeared on my Jerkeiner alt when I shard hopped to complete the Draumheim quest. Re-logging didn't help.
    Reacquired event quests this morning, travelled to "beach party" and now quest will not complete. Hey, at least it isn't wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by Meamir View Post
    Reacquired event quests this morning, travelled to "beach party" and now quest will not complete. Hey, at least it isn't wiping.
    That's where my problems started, and they continued on in Tarken Glacier.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Cls
    Soulwalker

Default Same here

I can't keep the quests in Mathosia at all it seems. At random it will keep one item collected with shard hopping in Storm Legion, is a patch going in to fix this?

I ran NT hunt with 2 chars last night..

I guess I was the lucky one, that shard hopping, portal and summons didn't hurt my questing. I had no problems completing all 3 quests

Reacquired all event quests except for planar. Finished all no problem then picked up planar in margle palace and completed goboro and tarken. Draumheim "beach party" still refuses to complete on the one alt "Jerkeiner"

+ Reply to Thread