• 2 Post By Refuge
  • 1 Post By Rheven
  • 1 Post By Ishimui

Thread: Please fix and re-imburse the """Hot Summer Credit Sales"""

Soulwalker

Default Please fix and re-imburse the """Hot Summer Credit Sales"""

The following thread:
    https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...-credit-sales/

mentions that there is bonus 20% credit. I purchased $99 and I should have received 15000 + 7200 bonus but I only received 15000 + 3500.

In game, it does not even reflect the promotion.

I bug reported it and I did not even get a response from support.

Anyone else got ripped off?
    Last edited by joramora; 07-04-2019 at 05:00 AM.

That's not great, this should get fixed for you eventually. Some patience is needed, but I can understand why you've also made a forum post about it. Money issues are top priority.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Shadowlander

The second one on that list is not right, but the rest seem to be.

https://rift.trionworlds.com/commerc...ts-flow.action

So you should have got 22,200 Credits
    Last edited by Dacurly; 07-04-2019 at 01:43 PM.

These forums cannot help, and a bug report also cannot help. You need to contact support instead.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    These forums cannot help, and a bug report also cannot help. You need to contact support instead.
    Not true. Making a deal about it on the forums can often pick up the attention of the right people. Particularly if the deal is still running. This is a serious issue, so they'll prioritise it over other tickets if they come across it in the forums.

The devs might not advise it, but in this instance they would be grateful. Fix an issue quickly that will affect loads of people, to avoid loads of tickets building up. It's an efficient use of time.

In fact by us constantly bumping it, or even reposting it is directly helping Gamigo in the long run.
    Last edited by Refuge; 07-05-2019 at 01:43 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Disciple

I'm not trying to defend the way it's set up, as I do personally believe the credit bonus should be available on the web shop and in game as well, but that promo page specifically mentions credit sales from their web shop. To me that very clearly means I have to go to their external store @ https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/
    On there it is showing the bonus when looking at the credit purchases
    Having asked some guildies who have bought credits from the web store they all said they got the correct bonus credits.
    Last edited by Ishimui; 07-05-2019 at 01:23 PM.

did you buy the credits in game?

For the anouncement stated clearly, that the offer was only available through the website.. and only once per package for each account.. so it was not possible to get twice the 20% bonus on the 99$ pack, nor was it possible to get the 20% bonus through the game store.

I would warn you guys about this promotion. I felt like I got ripped off. Usually I buy maybe $20 worth credits each month for my patron sub. (been silver tier a real long time) So I saw this sale and bought a little extra. Turns out you get squat buying in game. All $20 are apparently not equal. Just now I rechecked the lead and it says nothing about buying on the website. Maybe you have to dig deeper or something. TBH, I feel robbed. And here I thought we was gonna be <Gamigo Amigos> Why you wanta be this way guys?
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Rift Disciple

Please fix and re-imburse the """Hot Summer Credit Sales"""-readingishard.jpg
    Still I agree the bonus should have been for both in game purchases as well as on the web shop...
    Last edited by Ishimui; 07-10-2019 at 11:54 AM.

I understand what your getting at. And thank you for the image. Now me, I rarely visit the website. I did some posting here today but I don't do that much either (or even read). I play the game is about it. And what I knew is there was a 20% bonus for buying credits. Do I care much about 600 credits? Hardly. But I will show you what it says on the front page (I think) for the RIFT game. https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/ "Greetings, Ascended! Has the heat driven you crazy already? No? Then be prepared for our hot credit sales, because they will make you hotter than H E L L. Only from..." They say read more but like I said I don't. Should I have understood their program better? Apparently. But ya know to me, $20 is $20. Two grams more or less. So anyways I just found it disappointing, okay.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Rift Disciple

Excitement over deals and promotions may sort of "impair" a human's judgement but I for one always look for every detail. I will read every fine print I find on whatever it is I want to purchase to see if there's something I don't agree to. Takes forever and is boring as hell but I do it anyways to avoid unwanted surprises and to know what I'm getting into.

As for the credit bonuses, This should be another lesson gamigo should learn from. It is best to advertise in game where the majority of people are likely to look in a welcome screen perhaps, and tweak bonus numbers within the in game credit shop to avoid these issues while also adding a link to redirect to a website for more information. In this case a welcome screen advertisement with a redirect link would have solved issues. I hope gamigo either refunds money or manually give said bonuses to the purchasers who bought credits in game. I also believe that the bonuses shouldn't have been a 1 time only. They should have just kept the limited time so that it would generate more revenue. What does gamigo have to lose? people are purchasing a currency that has no value in the real world.

This is assuming people thought bonuses came from in game purchases. If web store bonuses weren't being applied then wow.....what a big fail, just another thing to lol at gamigo and like I stated earlier. Refund money or manually give said bonuses.

https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...-credit-sales/

It is written down below the big flashy pic...

This was the original promo...

Greetings, Ascended!

Has the heat driven you crazy already? No? Then be prepared for our hot credit sales, because they will make you hotter than H E L L.

Only from Friday, 28th of June at 6 PM CEST to Tuesday, 9th of July 11.59 PM CEST 2019 you will be able to purchase credit packs granting 20% bonus on top of the current bonus in our web-shop! <<<<<<<<

>>And keep in mind, there have also been promo's only available through the game shop, that were not available through the website.. Always read the conditions to avoid ugly surprises/consequences..
    Last edited by Aranka; 07-11-2019 at 12:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread