+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bugged Quest Emissary to the Icewatch

Exclamation Bugged Quest Emissary to the Icewatch

I activated the beacon several times, for the quest: Emissary To The Icewatch. The story line goes and then stops, which does not give me the next part. I tried logging out and rebooting, and nothing seems to correct the problem. By level it is showing yellow, so I should be able to complete the quest. Currently at Level 29.

The techies fixed this problem and the check mark shows on my mini map and quest log as complete and ready to turn in.

Yes, the quest is now marked completed with a check mark to turn in at Ice Watch. I went to the check mark and NO NPC named Queen Miela or any NPC with a turn in check mark. The check mark for location is on my map and mini map.. but no Queen Miela.

So since I'm not a programmer, how do I get the game to show an NPC that is not there?
    Sent in a ticket and was told you guys would help me in the forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bugged Quest Emissary to the Icewatch-emissary.jpg  
    Magish@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Magish View Post
    I activated the beacon several times, for the quest: Emissary To The Icewatch. The story line goes and then stops, which does not give me the next part. I tried logging out and rebooting, and nothing seems to correct the problem. By level it is showing yellow, so I should be able to complete the quest. Currently at Level 29.

The techies fixed this problem and the check mark shows on my mini map and quest log as complete and ready to turn in.

Yes, the quest is now marked completed with a check mark to turn in at Ice Watch. I went to the check mark and NO NPC named Queen Miela or any NPC with a turn in check mark. The check mark for location is on my map and mini map.. but no Queen Miela.

So since I'm not a programmer, how do I get the game to show an NPC that is not there?
    This quest is world event only which was released on pre-SL about incoming SL expansion. When that world event is not active NPC required to finish that event is not available to interact, you can try to open ticket for this quest but I'm not sure if CS can help you about it.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    This quest is world event only which was released on pre-SL about incoming SL expansion. When that world event is not active NPC required to finish that event is not available to interact, you can try to open ticket for this quest but I'm not sure if CS can help you about it.
    that is wrong I did this two days ago and the event npcs all showed up on the boats and if you get that far you have already talked to the event npcs

his screen shot when I did this two days ago had her standing where he circled, if she never appears just drop and redo that quest and it should work

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    that is wrong I did this two days ago and the event npcs all showed up on the boats and if you get that far you have already talked to the event npcs
    his screen shot when I did this two days ago had her standing where he circled, if she never appears just drop and redo that quest and it should work
    Just read this first, then read this.

In case you do not want to go that links;

Tempest Rising is the lead-in event for Rift's first expansion, Storm Legion. Players should visit the Wreck of the Endeavor, west of Shoreward Island (6463, 4047), between the water boundaries of Freemarch and Silverwood, for the event quests. There is no special World Event currency for this event.
    Rift Quest:Emissary to the Ice Watch

Speak to Queen Miela on the Wreck of the Endeavor (west of Shoreward Isle) to begin this quest.
    1. Use the Beacon Activation code at the Brevanian Portal Beacon in the Chancel of Labors ( Iron Pine Peak)
    2. Stand on the symbol on the ground at (4559, 1606) and use the temporary ability Activate Beacon
    3. Introduce Queen Miela to Luminary Yentia of the Icewatch
    4. Speak with Queen Miela outside the Chancel of Labors (4471, 1708)

This quest rewards experience and coin. It can be completed during the Tempest Rising event after you aid Queen Miela with her daily quest.
    The quests Three if by Air! and Infestation should now open up.

That problem occurred on prime as well when world event tempest rising ended many people couldn't finish their quests, afaik only first person after restart was able to somehow interact with npcs but never confirmed, unless devs fixed (!) this after couple reports on prime which is unlikely since this is not main quest or even must do for keep playing, this wouldn't happen.

Also this SS taken today on level 20 toon, there is no ship on that position since wreck of endeavor now used for NMT saga npcs etc, there is no way to start quest for new toons, I'm not sure if you are able to see ship when you have quest which is unlikely, so I wouldn't suggest dropping quest but contacting CS for better clarified information.

Just read this first, then read this.

In case you do not want to go that links;

That problem occurred on prime as well when world event tempest rising ended many people couldn't finish their quests, afaik only first person after restart was able to somehow interact with npcs but never confirmed, unless devs fixed (!) this after couple reports on prime which is unlikely since this is not main quest or even must do for keep playing, this wouldn't happen.

Also this SS taken today on level 20 toon, there is no ship on that position since wreck of endeavor now used for NMT saga npcs etc, there is no way to start quest for new toons, I'm not sure if you are able to see ship when you have quest which is unlikely, so I wouldn't suggest dropping quest but contacting CS for better clarified information.

argue all you want I can go run another alt through and screen shot it today if you like, not sure why 4 days difference matters but ok challenge accepted

argue all you want I can go run another alt through and screen shot it today if you like, not sure why 4 days difference matters but ok challenge accepted
    Lol, you do not get, it's not about arguing, go try to run another alt and then realize that quest or any particular quest from tempest rising is not available to any toon since it was pre-SL world event quest chain, yet I was pointing that to OP abandoning that quest is not safe which would result into losing quest completely.

Unless you had that quest on vanilla/pre-SL on live or any toon that participated to that world event on prime when they brought SL, there is no possible way to get them on live.

Lol, you do not get, it's not about arguing, go try to run another alt and then realize that quest or any particular quest from tempest rising is not available to any toon since it was pre-SL world event quest chain, yet I was pointing that to OP abandoning that quest is not safe which would result into losing quest completely.

Unless you had that quest on vanilla/pre-SL on live or any toon that participated to that world event on prime when they brought SL, there is no possible way to get them on live.
    I created the toon I used 4 days ago in 2016 she was an insta 65 boost

but I will try taking and dropping then retaking the quest and see if that is the hang up or not

but I will try taking and dropping then retaking the quest and see if that is the hang up or not
    update I am here on the endeavor with a toon that has completed the air saga

checked this out with a level 43 toon, seems you have to be 50 plus to see them

ok confirmed quest can be dropped and retaken because it starts and ends with Lord-Protector Nerval and Queen Miela is steps inbetween and thus is always there when the quest is followed

Quote Originally Posted by Magish View Post

also i found you need to stay at the portal to see Queen Miela go through her routine before she appears at the turn in when you see her check mark appear next to Nerval

+ Reply to Thread