• 1 Post By FlipperPA
  • 2 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By Lucos

Thread: PTW rares and teth - none are spawning after patching

Telaran

Default PTW rares and teth - none are spawning after patching

Seems I am back with another rare mob issue. I have been in PTW for the past few days working on all of these achievements. There are 55 teth, 120 "twisted" type rares and 20 alpha/packleader/ancient, etc. So, almost 200 rares to kill. It takes me a few hours to hit all locations on all shards so on average, I am killing over 100 per run.

None are spawning. I checked the first 20 or so locations and nothing. Even checked the places all the common teth spawn and nothing. These things are all over the place and other than the one teth that is ALWAYS patting around, there are no diamond rares in PTW. I've never seen that before.

It was acting normal before the patch and reboot - normally you see an influx in rares after a reboot but now I see nothing.

Straight after a shard restart you wont get any rares up, it takes a few hours for them to cycle through and spawn.
    Try again in a few hours

Telaran

Correct, but they had been up for 4 hours before I started my checks.

Telaran

OK, things seem to be returning to normal. Just finished another run through after waiting 4 more hours or so and its looking better. Maybe it just takes forever for them all to spawn in this massive zone...there are so many!

Telaran

I put my notes for this achieve here; the spawn points for the rares are the same as the Teth in question: https://rift.magelo.com/en/achieveme...-What-You-Kill

I hope it helps!

Telaran

I still think there is something up here - game crashed at 4:30 AM or so and still no rares 11 hours later. I've been hunting skyhunters all day long making complete circuits in all known areas on all shards and have not been able to find a single one out of 8 possibles....anywhere.

Shadowlander

It may matter what server you play on nowadays... EU or NA

both servers have gone through one or more severe crashes.. Have you tried relogging?

I know I had no issues with rares in scarwood on EU today. Maybe players online is part of the reqs for respawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucos View Post
    I still think there is something up here - game crashed at 4:30 AM or so and still no rares 11 hours later. I've been hunting skyhunters all day long making complete circuits in all known areas on all shards and have not been able to find a single one out of 8 possibles....anywhere.
    Have you ONLY been hunting skyhunters?
    You need to clear all the other rares that are up and then go hunt skyhunters.

Telaran

According to your own website, each group or "pack" of rares are independent of each other, so killing ones already killed doesn't help. I am seeing the following: around 12 hours for rares to spawn initially after a server reset/crash. For normal respawns, I am seeing closer to 6-8 hours instead of the 2-4. I have never seen them respawn at 2-4 hours, even when I first started.

oh i thought i had changed that, lemmie go check

I have now changed it
    When I first started the guide and was hunting the rares on NA I thought that the 'sets' were independent of each other, but then as I cleared sets and stopped hunting the ones i didn't need anymore I found the respawn timers getting longer and longer, clearing the rares that I already had made the respawns quicker again, so I concluded that they work the same as other zones and there is a max number of rares that can be up at a given time.
    I thought I had changed the explanation to reflect this, thanks for pointing it out!

Telaran

Yea that sounds correct, thanks for the update to the guide. I just woke up and ran through skybeasts again and only one single one had spawned, so that follows the logic. Luckily for me, the one that spawned was the one I needed, so at long last, every zone rare in the game is now dead and I can bury these cheeves in the backyard and move on.

Thanks.

Very nicely done!
    Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread