+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BP artifact harvesting quest doesn't track

Plane Touched

Default BP artifact harvesting quest doesn't track

Time: Monday, April 15th, at 8:00 PM GMT
    Context: I have the BP daily quest to harvest 50 artifacts, and I'm not making progress when I harvest artifacts.
    Expected: Harvest an artifact and the quest tracker indicates that progress has been made
    Observed: Instead, the tracker stays at 0
    Repro Steps:
    1. Go to Sanctum.
    2. Harvest the artifact [Feather of the Messenger].
    3. Watch as BP quest tracker does not detect any progress.

These artifacts in Sanctum or Meridian do not count for any artifact quests.
    These artifacts respawn very quickly and thus would be considered 'cheating' for picking up artifact quests.

go out into the world and pick up real artifacts!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    These artifacts in Sanctum or Meridian do not count for any artifact quests.
    These artifacts respawn very quickly and thus would be considered 'cheating' for picking up artifact quests.

go out into the world and pick up real artifacts!
    It's not mentioned anywhere. Until it's clearly specified in the requirements, I consider it a bug, which makes me feel better than the notion that we're expected to spend 5-10 hours hunting artifacts for a BP daily that rewards a minuscule amount of XP. If the latter is officially confirmed to be the case, you can look forward to a new thread from me about BP's design issues.

go to iron pine peak with omen/quantum sight on and have fun
    if you are only picking up 5-10 artifacts an hour then you.. urm.. need to practice more!

if you have patron then patrons artifact vial will help a lot
    if you have opie then use the artifact tracking abilities there
    if you have neither, then there is a free artifacts tracking vial at level 8 of the battle pass, make sure you save it for when you need it again

happy hunting

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    It's not mentioned anywhere. Until it's clearly specified in the requirements, I consider it a bug, which makes me feel better than the notion that we're expected to spend 5-10 hours hunting artifacts for a BP daily that rewards a minuscule amount of XP. If the latter is officially confirmed to be the case, you can look forward to a new thread from me about BP's design issues.
    if you don't like it don't do it, players are being asked to pvp against their will as well and for a person as outspoken as me to not have started a thread dedicated to the idea should tell you how concerned they would really be that I am not trying to get their attention

as for 5-10 hours I used patron artifact tracking and was done in less than an hour, those of us who have put energy into farming them in the past are used to where to look, spend time practicing and you might find them faster

+ Reply to Thread