+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carnival Bugs

Telaran

Default Carnival Bugs

So, I logged in this morning to find the carnival had finished, then later this afternoon after maintenance it was back. However, it seems I am unable to accept the quest for Frogifacts, which is the third time I have encountered this. Before anyone states the obvious, i realise this is a once a day quest.

EDIT: This bug happens if you collect yesterday's Frog Wrangling rewards, then teleport or log out. After this, today's quest is not available.
    Last edited by Player01; 04-15-2019 at 11:00 AM.

I encounter a bug/glitch maybe on all servers but one on the carnival docks. There is only one server atm, not even that always what is not under water. All servers are inundated and if I try to walk on water as npc's I am not able. This makes all quests after the spot of the weekly quest giver
    Dantwor Honey-Tongue impossible to do, like Balloon stomp, beauty parlor, roulette, and the boose bar ones. Now I am unable to complete the carnival 50 quests with my Prime character.
    This has happened before adding the Prime characters also. The previous update messed it up. I still have many chars to do balloon stomp and am not able to do so.

Carnival Bugs-2019-04-14_170935.jpg
    Last edited by Dravenia; 04-14-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    EU: Dravenia & Co, Quelandra, NA: Dionella & Co, Prime: Soulwhisper etc.
    Practically many characters also created for Dimension visiting

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenia View Post
    Now I am unable to complete the carnival 50 quests with my Prime character.

I still have many chars to do balloon stomp and am not able to do so.
    You CAN do the other quests. It IS possible to do the other quests. You are not limited to just balloons. You WANT to do balloons, because it is easy, but you CAN do the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You CAN do the other quests. It IS possible to do the other quests. You are not limited to just balloons. You WANT to do balloons because it is easy, but you CAN do the others.
    I cannot do any of those quests what is underwater, the beauty parlor gives 12 tickets I don't have time to be doing the other quests on and on for 150 tickets, and it is the least they could do is to fix it since they took this long to transfer our Prime characters. I have the right to do all quests I want not the quests you want me to do and spend loads of time. You realize how much you've to gain easy 3x50 quests with ur balloon stomp, and you are playing smart now with this.
    EU: Dravenia & Co, Quelandra, NA: Dionella & Co, Prime: Soulwhisper etc.
    Practically many characters also created for Dimension visiting

Plane Touched

I don't have time to be doing the other quests
    That is not the same as not being able to do them.

I have the right to do all quests I want not the quests you want me to do and spend loads of time
    You have the right to do all the quests you CAN do. For the moment, they have messed up and you are unable to do the ones you want to do. That does not mean you cannot do any quests at all. You just do not want to. There's a difference.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That is not the same as not being able to do them.

You have the right to do all the quests you CAN do. For the moment, they have messed up and you are unable to do the ones you want to do. That does not mean you cannot do any quests at all. You just do not want to. There's a difference.
    Part of the achievements for the Carnaval requires you to do at a minimum the booze quest once. I know that isn't the only game in the boats that are required for those achievements, but that is the only one that I remember off the top of my head.

The fact that in the NA region there is only one boat (apparently only sometimes) available on one of the shards out of seven is not really acceptable. In the EU shards, there are NO boats available at any point from what I've seen so far across any of its five shards.

Then the fact that you are trying to justify a bug is part of the reason that Gamigo and company don't NEED or HAVE to try to please or even keep its player base.

I for one have all but stopped logging in for more than maybe getting the dailies and checking if they have fixed the boats because every time I do I'm just reminded about way too many people that go "Yeah. You don't NEED the boats." Or "They aren't going to bother fixing it for something that will only last a week."

This quite honestly upsets me and I don't need to make myself upset for something that is ultimately trivial. It is sad, however, because I had just invited several friends of mine to play with me on RIFT. I was also on the verge of purchasing more credits so I could get stuff in the game. Then this happens, and the apprehension I felt at the uncertainty from the games new owners made me completely refuse to spend another dime on the game. EVER.

Previously I spent well over $500 USD in the game in the span of less than a year. Partially because I believed in the development team. Then, IRL got in the way and I had to leave RIFT. I picked up the game again just recently and discover all of this going on. Despite that, I was happy and excited to see the new content and everything else going on.

Now, I'm looking for a replacement for RIFT. Because honestly, these kinds of attitudes aren't really acceptable to me. So far, I have found three possible replacements. Since none of them are out currently (I am trying to find not just a replacement but something that I can get in from the beginning on) I will have to wait to move on.

Maybe I'll end up writing a long farewell post on the forums. I suppose it is the least I can do since I all but met my husband here...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Auroraphoenix44 View Post
    Then the fact that you are trying to justify a bug is part of the reason that Gamigo and company don't NEED or HAVE to try to please or even keep its player base.
    I am in no way justifying their lack of actions with this game since they took over with my previous replies. I was merely pointing out that the previous poster was wrong in saying they were not able to finish the weekly quests. It is entirely possible, sunken boat and all, to finish the 50 games required for the weekly quest. And that poster said nothing about the achievement, which is why I do not find that complaint to be a big issue. It's merely a matter of not being willing to spend the time required to do the weekly quest.

Not to divert this thread from its bug reportiness, but I need to clarify: What quest is there for Frogifacts?
    That I have not been doing?
    For the whole bloody carnival?
    How did I miss it?
    WHAT FROGIFACT QUEST?

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZomie View Post
    Not to divert this thread from its bug reportiness, but I need to clarify: What quest is there for Frogifacts?
    That I have not been doing?
    For the whole bloody carnival?
    How did I miss it?
    WHAT FROGIFACT QUEST?
    Frogtifact quest is the only quest beside balloon jumping that's worth doing in carnival. When you enter carnival pier there are 3 cages with frogs to your right and questgivers nearby - get quest, catch frogs, get artifacts.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread