+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Refuge
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A final plee to fix a VERY SIMPLE bug

Default A final plee to fix a VERY SIMPLE bug

I think it's the only bug I've ever reported officially.. several times, and not to play the pity game too much, but genuinely this is the one thing thats made me feel incredibly undervalued as a long standing player who's pumped a lot of money into the game, to see it being ignored for so long.

If you mention the word PvP most devs look the other way, and I'm assuming this is why the bug has existed for so long.

The bug is to do with gear scaling properly. The T2 PvE earrings from Vostigar Caches for Rogue, Warrior & Primalist are not properly scaled down when entering a PvP match, while the Mage & Cleric ones are.

This is quite frankly a serious stat boost to what are the strongest PvP classes in game. Hence a small fix like this would go a long way in helping towards balance.

This surely must be an easy fix, because every time you introduce new gear, such as the new earrings from Carnival or the gear from the new dungeon, all of these scale properly (I think, haven't ran full tests).

Thank you for taking time to read this,
    Fwob.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Update: I stand corrected, the new carnival rings are ALSO BUGGED. So that's a net gain of roughly 2600 main stat, 2000 secondary stat, 1000 endurance and 3300 resist if you use both the carnival ring and an overlord ring.

This is a MASSIVE buff to these classes and makes PvP particularly frustrating for mage and clerics.

This NEEDS to be fixed asap.

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Update: I stand corrected, the new carnival rings are ALSO BUGGED. So that's a net gain of roughly 2600 main stat, 2000 secondary stat, 1000 endurance and 3300 resist if you use both the carnival ring and an overlord ring.

This is a MASSIVE buff to these classes and makes PvP particularly frustrating for mage and clerics.

This NEEDS to be fixed asap.

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    I reported this directly to one of ex-employees who used to work on RIFT when it was still owned by Trion like 2 years ago =)

Response I get was he will try to see what's going on and will fix but it is not top priority and he requested to me not open forum topic about this.

I also informed that person about level 65 gear and dream orbs, this items are getting bolstered to level 70 gear meanwhile dream orbs used on them still is in effected.

That's why you see some smart people using level 65 t3 relic PVE gear on PVP because this gear is getting most benefit from dream orbs due to design behind on them.
    Last edited by aileen; 04-03-2019 at 03:11 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Thanks for the report, putting in a fix for the earrings right now, it should show up in a future patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    Thanks for the report, putting in a fix for the earrings right now, it should show up in a future patch.
    Can you also try to fix dream orbs on bolstered items being in effect meanwhile there is no dream orb for level 70 gear?
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    It would be an understatment to say it's a relief to hear a Dev say that. It's much appreciated, thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Can you also try to fix dream orbs on bolstered items being in effect meanwhile there is no dream orb for level 70 gear?
    Indeed the old devs didn't see it as a priority, but I can't exactly say Trion were very good at managing priorities. Simple bugs with a large effect? Hard to believe that isn't a priority.

You're right Aileen, the dream orbs and runes are a weird one, but for pvp players this was never a major issue, in fact quite quirky and interesting. The reason I'm not so fussed about it, is because it effects everyone, so there's no imbalance apparent.

It also gave PvP players something else to improve on, and also showed that they had done their research, hence more interest and depth in the game. PvP gear was just a little too easy with favor vials, and the effects of the orbs + runes were a minor improvement. We're talking 100-200 main stat rather than 2000 like the earrings!

Also with the new shoulder rune, we're slowly seeing lvl 70 gear become useful again. I'm not sure if this 'bug' (if you can call it that) is as simple to fix as properly scaling gear down to default, so it's possibly not worth their time. Maybe it's better just to implement new content in the form of runes and dream orbs to then negate this issue.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-04-2019 at 02:14 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

I plan on poking at the dream orb issue in the future too, I did not mention them because I have not had the time to pull their data open and see how deep that wabbit hole goes yet.

Default While you are at it!

Plz raise the drop rates of pvp fragments which are the only ones whch dont get bolstered. They are very hard to get and my argument is that new players who are interested in pvp need couple of months to just drop some good pvp fragments at all! We get lots of cores from the pvp boxes but we need more pvp fragments!

Meanwhile enjoying pve....
    Orgonebuster Funkadelicc Highplanedrifter Lisalovelace Tastygroove all @deepwood in Hello Kitty
    Orgone Maydayy Tailgrab Torusterritory all @ brutwacht in Gilgamesh
    my music: https://www.numberonemusic.com/artist941 https://whussup.net:333/?q=release/timelines

Fixing something 7% of the way is like an airline pilot telling you that they can get you 93% of the way to your destination. Meanwhile, 93% of the way will still leave you at the bottom of the ocean. So much broken about PvP balance. Stat weights being equalized on gear doesn't balance classes. It is a facade. When two different classes are "considered bolstered" properly and one does 6-8K dps and the others do 12-16K dps that is still not balanced. The rabbit hole is deep and this was happening before people even discovered the broken bolstering on gear slots.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-04-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Fixing something 7% of the way is like an airline pilot telling you that they can get you 93% of the way to your destination. Meanwhile, 93% of the way will still leave you at the bottom of the ocean. So much broken about PvP balance. Stat weights being equalized on gear doesn't balance classes. It is a facade. When two different classes are "considered bolstered" properly and one does 6-8K dps and the others do 12-16K dps that is still not balanced. The rabbit hole is deep and this was happening before people even discovered the broken bolstering on gear slots.
    Agreed. Unfortunately the rabbit hole is deep, complex, and quite vast. Anyone who is sane enough to sit down to do the math for a couple weeks, then begin the long journey of applying minor fixes here and there will very much so, and very likely see that there's serious issues with the whole lot of bolstering/reducing of stats in PVP.

I've said this since SL - to no avail: A logical method to PVP issues is to remove the limiters/bolsters/reductions on everything, and severely increase player health pools. Let players glomp one another for thousands, millions of damage per hit. Huge health pools to off-set such damage would be the ideal outcome. Healing would be a funny challenge with the omg-huge health pools. For example, if my Endurance stat is 30000 (300,000HP), increase it between 8 to 10 times. HP will end up between 2.4mil to 3mil. Some glass-cannon specs and Tank specs would obviously become a problem with massive HP's, but as always... At that point, balance certain abilities as needed.
    --BC

Default smile time

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    <snip>
    • remove the limiters/bolsters/reductions on everything, and severely increase player health pools.
    • Let players glomp one another for thousands, millions of damage per hit.
    • Huge health pools to off-set such damage would be the ideal outcome.
    • Healing would be a funny challenge with the omg-huge health pools.<snip>
    Spoiler!

Let the games begin

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Agreed. Unfortunately the rabbit hole is deep, complex, and quite vast. Anyone who is sane enough to sit down to do the math for a couple weeks, then begin the long journey of applying minor fixes here and there will very much so, and very likely see that there's serious issues with the whole lot of bolstering/reducing of stats in PVP.
    Logic vs. Existentialism. It is pretty easy to balance for the logical thinker because they need things to be perfect on both sides of the equation. But existentialist or nihilist tend to say everything has meaning and is meaningless at the same time. The problem is easier for the logical person. Reduce a few numbers, change the way burst works here etc. so that it is somewhat balanced on both sides from mechanical and numbers point of view. The existentialist would be like it should be balanced and not balanced at the same time and an endless circle of justifying bias in their head over and over and over and over again.. which leads to the rabbit hole or black hole being mostly in their head not really in the math. I can see how "newer" devs who are logical thinkers would question older devs who ended up more leading toward justifying bias in the end and trying to find perfection in chaos. Conservative logic wins out in this case because it really is quantitive.. it isn't like we are trying to develop FTL travel. In many cases napkin math or pure educated guessing from a logical thinker would get you closer to balancing a game than someone who mind set is trying to justify meaning for bias in chaos.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 04-08-2019 at 12:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread