+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree59Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: autumn eyes potions not working

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default autumn eyes potions not working

    I have tried with two different characters and not seen a single artifact.

  2. #2
    DST
    DST is offline
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    108

    Default

    This is a bug from last year and unfortunately has not been fixed. Fingers crossed they can get it soon!

  3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    In the next update (hopefully Friday, if the build gods be willing), the autumn eyes potions will be replaced with pumpkin Autumnal Pinatas. Remaining Autumn Eyes potions will be consumable for Autumn Sap currency.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

    "Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Ionbick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA Placerville, CA
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Same, special artifact autumn eyes make you go blind.... oh well hoping the correction is sooner than later
    <>< Bick

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    52

    Default

    If we're talking about pinatas that are similar to the others in the game, doesn't that mean that instead of 20+ artifacts, we'll be receiving 3-4 for the same task?

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Hellishly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    In the next update (hopefully Friday, if the build gods be willing), the autumn eyes potions will be replaced with pumpkin Autumnal Pinatas. Remaining Autumn Eyes potions will be consumable for Autumn Sap currency.

    If these are like other pinatas we've had this is a horrible substitute. Pinatas take time to break, you have to travel to find them, and they give 3-4 artifacts depending on latency. It also strongly favours level 70 people with a maxed out weapon.



    By contrast the potions give x amount of time depending on which you use and you can literally get 20 - 30 artifacts in 3 minutes just by running around in the actual event zone. And it can be done equally as well by any level regardless of how quick they can kill.



    Autumn Harvest is THE event that every Artifact collector looks forward to, making it pinatas turns it into just another ho-hum event that is barely worth doing.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker Feless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    In the next update (hopefully Friday, if the build gods be willing), the autumn eyes potions will be replaced with pumpkin Autumnal Pinatas. Remaining Autumn Eyes potions will be consumable for Autumn Sap currency.
    ...why?





    /10char

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    In the next update (hopefully Friday, if the build gods be willing), the autumn eyes potions will be replaced with pumpkin Autumnal Pinatas. Remaining Autumn Eyes potions will be consumable for Autumn Sap currency.
    This may be the worst news ever

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    113

    Default

    What a kick in the teeth. Honestly been dreading this since the original ambercap quest overloaded the servers and had to be hastily fixed and the limit of autumn eye potions to 1 a day or credit purchase.

    So how many people out there have horded thousands of potions to bring this on?

    Also will the store items to buy the potions be converted?

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Bummer. This used to be my favorite event along with Fae Yule. Not sure how the piņata is going to work but if its anything like the past types...No thanks. Our guild is very bummed about the implementation of this event. Not to mention our guild chat is broke so nobody can share in the excitement of the event. Very disappointed.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Shanoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    378

    Default

    I think a LOT of players will miss the artifact farming in autumn fae realm. Especially with so few true artifact hunters left in the game.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Coldsprite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellishly View Post
    If these are like other pinatas we've had this is a horrible substitute. Pinatas take time to break, you have to travel to find them, and they give 3-4 artifacts depending on latency. It also strongly favours level 70 people with a maxed out weapon.



    By contrast the potions give x amount of time depending on which you use and you can literally get 20 - 30 artifacts in 3 minutes just by running around in the actual event zone. And it can be done equally as well by any level regardless of how quick they can kill.



    Autumn Harvest is THE event that every Artifact collector looks forward to, making it pinatas turns it into just another ho-hum event that is barely worth doing.
    I agree with everything you mentioned. The autumn eyes potion is such a fun way to collect artifacts. Replacing that with the pinatas, if they are the same open world pinatas from other events, is truly disappointing. Those pinatas take far too much time to get to, you have to constantly adjust your mentored level, and with the way the artifacts land, sometimes you walk away with only 2 artifacts from a pinata.

    I really hope that this isn't what is going to happen with the autumn harvest artifacts.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    It is the event that every artifact collector looks forward to because you get a ridiculous abundance of artifacts that you can probably sell (if you don't already have) and make some decent money.

    I don't think it was ever intended you get really this amount of artifacts in one go. Or Trion are probably regretting this now (hence the change).

    I'm not saying the change is good, as clearly there is no positive response to this, but I do think you're all being ridiculous, because you should never have had such easy access to this many artifacts in the first place. As a developer I would be thinking "this ain't good". The amount of artifacts did not equal the amount needed for completing the sets. The sets were just as normal as most other events and the artifacts gained for this event were for any set! Burning, unstable, you name it! That does sound a bit dodgy!

    I mean honestly, is this a rant about collecting artifacts or collecting money from those ignorant to the way the eyes work? Seems the latter to me.

    I'm still kinda peed from it, because loads of nice artifacts were put on the AH at this time, and I could buy them for cheap. But I get it from a developers point of view.
    Last edited by Refuge; 10-19-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Coldsprite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    I mean honestly, is this a rant about collecting artifacts or collecting money from those ignorant to the way the eyes work? Seems the latter to me.
    Artifacts are dirt cheap on the AH during this event. I don't know anyone who makes a big profit from selling them. And being so cheap, people who like to stock up on dream ribbons, have a good opportunity to buy a lot of cheap artifacts - on top of what they collect.

    The sets are the sets from the entire world of Telara and Storm legion, if I'm correct - not like carnival/summerfest where its a specific cluster of artifact sets only. It provides those of us who don't like artifact hunting in some zones with the chance to complete those sets. So no, the sets aren't "normal as most other events".

    This event has been around for a very long time. If the amount of artifacts collected was an issue, it probably would have been fixed years ago.

    I personally like this event because I get to stock up on dream ribbons for any dimension craftables that I need. Just the process of collecting the artifacts also is worth the time invested. Its very fun to see how many you can collect in one go. Frankly, I find your tone condescending and insulting - just because you seem to only see these artifacts as a source for plat, doesn't mean the rest of the population does.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsprite View Post
    The sets are the sets from the entire world of Telara and Storm legion, if I'm correct - not like carnival/summerfest where its a specific cluster of artifact sets only. It provides those of us who don't like artifact hunting in some zones with the chance to complete those sets. So no, the sets aren't "normal as most other events".
    I believe Brasse got us patched last year to include all the artifacts that were as in prior years >1 year old. unlike the prior autumn fest that was not updated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts