+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mizuki Ayu
  • 1 Post By Mizuki Ayu

Thread: Mech parts for CTA quest not dropping properly

Plane Touched

Default Mech parts for CTA quest not dropping properly

Mech components for the quest come from the 3rd and 5th stage bosses in rifts. You must loot the body to get them.You are not allowed to loot the body if you're not in the "main" group for a rift.

Example: I solo'd a rift through stage 4, right at the end of 4, two guys came up and "helped" kill the boss. I could not loot the boss of a rift I solo'd 90% of. Because those two were in a group and earned together more "participation points" than I did. I recieved the error message "Corpse Unavailable for looting"

Example 2: I joined a public group and the two of us completed a rift together, loot was fine. Then on our second rift, another group joined the rift but not the group. They all got loot, we did not.

Bottom of the line: Make Mech Components (And any future event quest items) RIFT LOOT please. No more looting corpses.

Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

What zone are you in?
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

I was in Vostigar Peaks. I'm not sure if I wasn't getting them at the beginning, but I think I got a couple. I have 6/30 and don't think I've hit anything other than stuff there. However, near the end of the event I noticed message "Corpse not available for looting" - even though there was sparkles on the dead bad guy and the small "loot bag" icon. I finished the event and received the zone event loot bag. It did not have any mech components in it. (I'm not sure they drop there, just adding in case that's useful info). Finally, I just now jumped to Shimmersand. I am mentored to level 50. Same error. Sparkly bad guys, loot bag icon, message says "corpse not available for looting".

Plane Touched

Original post occured in Freemarch, while not on home shard, playing Guardian.

I have since done more testing:

All tests have been properly mentored, tagging after another player and not doing majority damage

NA -
    Guardian: Shimmersand, Faeblight (Homeshard), tagged Rift boss (Stage 3 and 5) and an Outpost boss. Did not get loot, got error "Corpse Unavailable for Looting"

Defiant: Freemarch, FB (Homeshard), tagged Rift boss (Stage 3 and 5), Did get loot
    Shimmersand, FB (Home shard), tagged Rift boss (Stage 3 and 5) and tagged invasions. Did get loot
    Freemarch, Hailol (Off shard), tagged invasions. Did get loot

Prime -
    Guardian: Freemarch, tagged invasion, Did not get loot, got error "Corpse Unavailable for Looting"
    Silverwood, Vigil, tagged Outpost Boss. Did not get loot, got error "Corpse Unavailable for Looting"

Defiant: Silverwood, tagged invasions and Outpost bosses. Did get loot

In my experience, Guardians only get loot when they, or a member of their party/raid, tags rift bosses, invasions, and outpost bosses first. If another player not in your party starts the fight, you get the "Corpse Unavailable for Looting" error message. None of my Defiants have seen the message. A Defiant player on the Heroes of Telara Discord has stated that they have seen this error.

None of my tests were on the minis (3 Dragons) or the final boss (Volt - 1) but others on the Discord have claimed the error has affected them there too.
    Last edited by Mizuki Ayu; 09-28-2018 at 04:56 PM.

This happens Defiant side as well.
    I've done numerous events now in Freemarch and Shimmersand.
    If you don't get the tag - you don't get parts.
    If you did not do majority damage in a rift wwhen other players are not grouped with you - you do not get a part.
    If you are not in the tagging group on the dragons - you do not get a part.
    Volt-1floats too high in the sky to loot - no part.
    Footholds - if you are ranged and not quick enough to loot the "boss" then it all just disappears and nothing to loot. Also if did not get the tag - no part.
    Invasions, if you did not get the tag - no part.

See thread in general on this also.

+ Reply to Thread