+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caster bar from NPC appearing over my own health bar

Rift Disciple

Default Caster bar from NPC appearing over my own health bar

Aww, the cute doggie costume goes away when I hop to a different shard. (Ama Ree's Bejeweled Collar) No worries, though. I can work around it, and just save it for dungeons, instead of dailies. (not sure if "bug," but thought I'd mention it anyway)

Anyway, I've noticed that when I fight caster NPCs and then kill them, and then when I start the next fight, the previous caster's ability will appear over my character's health bar, even though I have my own cast bar visual turned off in the settings.

That unwanted caster bar kind of sometimes gets in the way of seeing the next npc caster's casts, if that makes sense. So I kind of have to move my view around to see their casts, so I can know when to interrupt.

I hope I'm describing this in a way that makes sense. Basically, my character seems to be picking up the cast bar of the previous caster NPC that I recently killed. It appears as a full blue caster bar, with the name of the previous spell (for example, "Casting" or "Void Bolt").

Rift Disciple

I've done more experimenting, and this phenomenon seems to happen after I use Bitter Wind, which is my cleric shaman's interrupt.

Example: Let's say I'm in a celestial adventure, and we're fighting enemies in a rift. One enemy is a caster, and I interrupt that caster with Bitter Wind. That caster dies, and I move on to a second enemy. Now when I fight this second enemy, the last spell that I interrupted is appearing over my character's head and health bar.

I just feel that it kind of gets in the way of my view of the action, so I hope it will go away in a future patch.

+ Reply to Thread