+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Friend's list Problem - Take 3! Dev Matter

Default Friend's list Problem - Take 3! Dev Matter

Well, this will be my last time posting about this problem and i hope one day Trion is able to Fix it!

The problem: If you have people that were added to your friend's list through the Ascend-A-Friend program, they will remain on your list every single time you either transfer to a new shard or you create a new toon. In my case, I have (I guess) 679 of them. I am sure others have 100's if they ran a guild or promoted their code somewhere. So, here is what happens: I am sorry to rehash this but it is a pain in the rear:

1. If you transfer a toon from one shard to another for any purpose like changing guilds, or transferring over some plat or an item (BoA etc.), once you land on the new shard, you are instantly filled up with all these people, and now it is apparently filling that list with all the x-people as well. I did a test. I had 679 of them populate my toon's F/L. Remember, you are only allowed 200 I believe, so this is breaking bad!

2. Trion introduced a *clearfriendslist* command which is suppose to clear your list of ALL friends so you can start fresh. Problem #2: this does NOT WORK! So, if you use that command, the next time you log back in, it re-populates your toon with 679 friends.

So, one of the main issues with this is you CANNOT add back your friends or new friends since you have exceeded the 200 friends cap limit. You have to delete these people, and the only way to do this, is actually line by line.. So, in my particular case, I have to delete 679 people one at a time. I think this really needs to be fixed!

I realize Roughraptors did some fixing a short while ago however this interfered with the summon Friend and had to be reversed, but I am hoping you can re-visit this (at least try) to fix this. If this means removing all the ascend-a-friend people, then just go for it. Because you guys have not added anything good for rewards to this list for years now

Ok, well like I said, I hope you at least reply or at least take another look into this and fix this problem. Thank you!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Let me live again. Let life come find me wanting. Spring must strike again against the shield of winter. Let me feel once more, the arms of love surround me, telling me the danger's past, I need not fear the icy blast again!"

I had the same problem with around 1,300 AAF referrals. It not only populated the FL, but it also caused super long loading screens and micro stuttering.

I wrote a ticket to CS and they removed all my AAF connections within 2 hours. Since then I can enjoy fast loading times and fluid gameplay again, as well a clean friendslist.

To be fair, most games limit the amount of friends you can refer and I am sure noone ever planned people to refer those amounts of people.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I am thinking of sending in a ticket at this point!

I just thought this problem should be able to be fixed rather than clearing a different list, but i think are so intertwined that it might be difficult.. I don't know anything about programming
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Let me live again. Let life come find me wanting. Spring must strike again against the shield of winter. Let me feel once more, the arms of love surround me, telling me the danger's past, I need not fear the icy blast again!"

+ Reply to Thread