+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Serein
  • 1 Post By Serein

Thread: Citadel of Insanity Broken

Default Citadel of Insanity Broken

the achievements Breaking the Claw: Assault and Buttery and Briefcased are not working correctly.

Stacks exceed 10 but the chieve does not trigger for B&C in expert or standard killing it under 10 stacks does not trigger it and getting him dead at exactly 10 is near impossible with how quickly stacks apply

In Briefcased we have tested on expert and standard and in niether one can the cocoons be broken on the first click in order to satisfy the achievement, nearl 5 kicks are required each time taking more than the 1 sec requested and break free does not satisfy the mechanic

I have asked Customer Service in Ticket #1098026 on instance #8895 at 6/7/2018 but they say you have told them there is no recorded issue here and refuse to complete this for me knowing you are far too busy fixing Vanilla content for Prime to be ready for NT content fixing yet, please correct them and ensure they continue helping your cash cow customers as well as your F2P customers while we are still here supporting you, there is enough pushing us out that you don't need to be giving us more reasons

Both of those achievements work just fine, I think you may be misunderstanding the objectives.

For the Assault & Battery one, there are two stacks he gains. One is the quickly building one that you remove by putting him in the blue circle or whatever it is (been a minute since I've done Citadel), then he gains another stack (Boiling Alive) every time you put him in that circle. That's the one you need to get to 10, it takes a while since it needs 10 of the blue circle things.

For the Briefcased one, you have to have everyone click once on the ball, including the person trapped in it, in order to beat the 1 second time limit. The easy way to do this is just to have all 5 of you stack together and keep your cursor over the stack, then the moment someone gets trapped, everyone needs to click quickly to break them out. If all 5 of you do it within 1 second, you'll get the cheeve.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Both of those achievements work just fine, I think you may be misunderstanding the objectives.

For the Assault & Battery one, there are two stacks he gains. One is the quickly building one that you remove by putting him in the blue circle or whatever it is (been a minute since I've done Citadel), then he gains another stack (Boiling Alive) every time you put him in that circle. That's the one you need to get to 10, it takes a while since it needs 10 of the blue circle things.

For the Briefcased one, you have to have everyone click once on the ball, including the person trapped in it, in order to beat the 1 second time limit. The easy way to do this is just to have all 5 of you stack together and keep your cursor over the stack, then the moment someone gets trapped, everyone needs to click quickly to break them out. If all 5 of you do it within 1 second, you'll get the cheeve.
    glad you told me on Briefcased cuz I wouldnt have guessed it worked that way without a guide which i have been unable to find for it

as for Assault and Buttery I let the Boiling Alive in standard and Expert build to 10 and despite several tries on several toons with different friends helping I have been unable to get it, please tell me it isnt because I havnt been taking a full pty in and it wont register without 5 ppl like the other one

Citadel of Insanity Broken-glacieus.jpg

and yes I realized after killing him that the stacks don't appear on his corpse but I pointed out the fact that the buff in question called Boiling Insanity for the achievement Breaking the Claw: Assault and Buttery was indeed on the boss who died by my hand in Expert mode of Citadel of Insanity as directed in the achievement description, don't know how much more clear I can make this issue for Customer Support but hey maybe someday after I quit this franchise they might decide to help players and not just blow us off because the Devs doing their jobs are usually too occupied to attend to making note of every little bug they need to fix by rewarding us credit until you have the time to fix it instead of neglecting your true priorities we are so glad you stay focused on

You can see in that screenshot how the boss only has one stack of it. The way the fight works is, he gets the Deepice Armor buff (greenish-blue and grey shield) and takes no damage. You have to drag him into the blue circle geyser thing to remove this, and at that time, he gets two buffs. One is "Boiling Alive" and this is a permanent buff with no timer on it, it remains for the rest of the fight. He also gets "Boiling Mad" which only last a few seconds, and builds stacks the longer you leave him in the geyser. If you take him out of the geyser, these stacks will disappear, but the Boiling Alive stack will remain. These two buffs have the same symbol, the little pot, so you have to look to see which is which. The easy way to tell is that the Boiling Alive, which is for the cheeve, doesn't have a timer on it.

Back in NT, groups often did this by dragging him into the geyser, and just healing through the continuously building Boiling Mad stacks until he died, never leaving the geyser.

To get the achievement, you have to take him into the geyser to remove the Deepice armor and give him the Boiling Alive stack, but then take him back out of it. He will soon get Deepice armor again, and you have to take him into another geyser to remove it, and give him a 2nd Boiling Alive stack. Repeat this 10 times, in and out of different geysers, and he'll end up with 10 Boiling Alive stacks, the you kill him and you get it.

Did it on my mage just now:

Here's the boss after death so you can see the 10 stacks:

I recorded a video but it's kinda long because it takes so long for the geysers (over 5 minutes), can post it if you need though. I did it alone, no need for a group or even one other person with you.
    Last edited by Serein; 06-11-2018 at 08:29 PM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

I'm not a moron I even said yes the stacks dont show after he is dead, do I seriously have to go take a screen shot in combat of the ten stacks to satisfy people?

ok so I tried something new, I didnt dps til I got him to 10 stacks, even stacked adds up on me as a LibChanter and just kept him moving, once he hit 10 I downed everything with my Lib AEs and got it
    Last edited by Challengere; 06-12-2018 at 09:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread