+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Droughtlands - screen turns light purple, unable to see terrain, npcs, etc

Soulwalker

Default Droughtlands - screen turns light purple, unable to see terrain, npcs, etc

Hi, I want to visit the Droughtlands for fishing like it says in this guide...
    http://pwniversity.com/rift/professions/fishing

...However, whenever I use the port to transport there, the surrounding area kind of turns blank. I can only see NPC names/titles, but not the NPCs, and not the terrain or buildings.

This happens in both of the porticum locations I have for Droughtlands. (I'm still able to move forward and click on the porticum npc, even though I can't see him or the landscape, in order to get out of the Droughtlands).

Are you able to see the photo I'm attaching here? This is my first time posting on these forums (loving the game so far!).

I am still able to see my spells, the mini map, and windows such as the character box or the larger map window.

I was able to follow the road on the larger map, even though I couldn't really see where I was going, in order to reach water.

I tried fishing right where the water should be, but it wouldn't let me.

I fiddled with the video settings, but no luck. I wonder if it's a bug from using CrossOver and WineLoader? (I'm playing on a Mac laptop).

But I must have gone into the Droughtlands before, in order to get the porticums... So i'm not sure what's going on.

Secondary question: Where else can I fish, to get up my skill, that is not in the Droughtlands? I'm at 180 fishing skill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Droughtlands - screen turns light purple, unable to see terrain, npcs, etc-screen-shot-2018-06-01-8.33.55-am.jpg  

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post
    Hi, I want to visit the Droughtlands for fishing like it says in this guide...
    http://pwniversity.com/rift/professions/fishing

...However, whenever I use the port to transport there, the surrounding area kind of turns blank. I can only see NPC names/titles, but not the NPCs, and not the terrain or buildings.

This happens in both of the porticum locations I have for Droughtlands. (I'm still able to move forward and click on the porticum npc, even though I can't see him or the landscape, in order to get out of the Droughtlands).

Are you able to see the photo I'm attaching here? This is my first time posting on these forums (loving the game so far!).

I am still able to see my spells, the mini map, and windows such as the character box or the larger map window.

I was able to follow the road on the larger map, even though I couldn't really see where I was going, in order to reach water.

I tried fishing right where the water should be, but it wouldn't let me.

I fiddled with the video settings, but no luck. I wonder if it's a bug from using CrossOver and WineLoader? (I'm playing on a Mac laptop).

But I must have gone into the Droughtlands before, in order to get the porticums... So i'm not sure what's going on.

Secondary question: Where else can I fish, to get up my skill, that is not in the Droughtlands? I'm at 180 fishing skill.
    I'm not sure what's going on in Doughtlands. Did you try reboot? Turn off your add-ons?

Anyway, you could try fishing in Lake of Solace or wait for Summerfest. You can level up your fishing skill as long as you're fishing in sunfish pools (Not sure about sunplants).
    Nereius@Faeblight

Soulwalker

Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread