+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On which shard am I?

Shadowlander

Default On which shard am I?

I'm not sure it's a bug, but for (I think) a week now, the system is telling me that I'm on @Brutwacht while I'm playing on Gelidra.
    I have no idea what it does for the event announcements. Should I respond to @Brutwacht of @Gelidra?
    On which shard am I?-shards.jpg

Anybody any clue?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Chat is gamewide so everyone can see what you type so just type away as normal, even though you play on Gelidra, when you log on first the game puts you on the shard with the most players at that moment, most times that's Brutwacht but the next day it could well be Gelidra.

You can type /shard at anytime to check the current shard you're on.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PlukkiePanda View Post
    I'm not sure it's a bug, but for (I think) a week now, the system is telling me that I'm on @Brutwacht while I'm playing on Gelidra.
    I have no idea what it does for the event announcements. Should I respond to @Brutwacht of @Gelidra?
    Attachment 32921

Anybody any clue?
    When enough people left rift, Trion introduced "load balancing". Since then everybody put on the same shard on login (this shard changes from time to time). There is no way to turn it off, if you want to go to home shard, change shard after login. Your home shard only affects your guild and AH, you could jump shards but right clicking your portrait.
    Last edited by Isp; 05-10-2018 at 03:06 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Shadowlander

Ah, all clear. Thanks for the answers!

+ Reply to Thread