+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raztilen

Thread: Spells not working properly on regular mobs

Soulwalker

Default Spells not working properly on regular mobs

Ok, I'll start by saying in dungeons all my skills function completely regular, as the tool tips pronounce. Yet, when solo questing all of my damage is cut in half. It is that way with all of my souls except for Mystic Archer. MA functions as though all of the skills descriptions are absolutely normal. I've tried a Necro/Warlock build. Half damage. I've tried a Pyro build. Half damage. It can't be because of resistance or i would be doing similar damage in dungeons.

This is a very serious issue as i would prefer to quest instead of dungeon crawl 24/7. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Soulwalker

Default Amendum

It seems as though my character isn't getting any benefit from his spell power. That is the only thing i can figure, but it still works in dungeons. I have no idea, was just a thought

Are you getting mentored for the zone. You could see a drastic reduction in SP if so.

Soulwalker

No i'm level 39 and in moonshade highlands. So there is no mentoring going on. It is rather difficult to solo things in the game without going necro and using my tank pet. I'm squishy otherwise and deal so little damage that i can't viably use any of the other souls for questing. It really sucks that I have to do that because i'm trying to find another way to solo with testing out builds. The only way i can do that is by going to dungeons. It does not show though anything else i do.

Rift Master

Are you on the live servers or on Prime?

The leveling experience is very different on both: Prime for example has a global damage reduction, and it is known that Mystic Archer is currently the highest damaging build on Prime for mage leveling, so you will of course notice much higher damage using that build.

As far as suggestions, Elementalist could be a good alternative, and like Necro it has pets available to help keep mobs off of you.
    Last edited by Iphigeneia; 05-07-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Soulwalker

Thanks for the advice, and yes i am on prime. I was unaware that they were intentionally gimping people to where they couldn't play their class the way it is in text. Not a good move. Maybe they need to consider not reducing our damage. That isn't the way the game is meant to be played or they should not showcase higher damaging abilities than what is available.

I understand what you are saying, but they need to change the text then to reflect how much damage we actually do.

Thanks

Soulwalker

MA is doing the same thing now...i might as well just run dungeons

Rift Disciple

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended but bloom isn't working on eldrich armor procs on my mage. This started today.
    You can't have everything..Where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread