+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: patron ability bugs- artifact tracking and currency bonus

Rift Disciple

Default patron ability bugs- artifact tracking and currency bonus

Issue 1: I just got patron status and it started me with 7 charges of artifact tracking. I used 2 , then 1 refilled this morning for a total of 6. however, I am down to 1 without using any. Plus, I have characters on several shards, and it is yo-yoing between 1 and 2 charges depending on what shard I log into.
    Issue 2: the patron currency bonus is not applying correctly for me. I noted several specific examples as follows: I ran intrepid adventures on 2 different shards and had these currency drops: #1: 1 plat, 71 gold. bonus: 11 gold
    #2: 2 plat, 47 gold. bonus: 11 gold
    #3: 1 plat, 91 gold. bonus: 14 gold
    #4: 2 plat, 16 gold. bonus: 10 gold
    However the bonus is figured, this is not 15%. I finally got patron only to have these issues within one day, it is frustrating. I reported both to support, but it takes about a week for a response, so I don't know if it will be resolved in any meaningful way.
    Deepwood- Linn, Mina, Mordana, Nif, Sif
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

screenshots of the currency bonus please. include quest rewards and chat log and currency page.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 05-03-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default screenshot

hmm I have a weak computer, and play on low. I don't know if the resolution will be good enough to see what you want to see in the chat box, but i'll try.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Rift Disciple

I don't know how well you'll be able to see it, but here it is.
    the first one is 1 plat,70 gold, 36 silver with a bonus of 8 gold, 40 silver
    the second is 2 plat,68 gold, 62 silver with a bonus of 15 gold, 32 silver
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails patron ability bugs- artifact tracking and currency bonus-2018-05-03_200912.jpg   patron ability bugs- artifact tracking and currency bonus-2018-05-03_201048.jpg  
    Last edited by Innomorata; 05-03-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Rift Disciple

if I am mistaken or reading it wrong, please let me know.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

It's hard to tell (timestamps in chat would help, but only a little), but I think you are looking at two different monetary awards. One for killing a mob or completing the last objective, and the last for the quest.
    Try testing with a solo quest and make note of the rewards, and your plat before and after

https://i.imgur.com/1xSNAv0.jpg
    shows 3g94s + 59s (15% rounded down) = 4g53s
    https://i.imgur.com/e3Tyw0z.jpg
    which is what I got

Rift Disciple

no the small monetary award for killing a mob in an ia is like 10 silver and I can see it when it scrolls as it happens. this is the bonus, I'm pretty sure. I never had a double entry for an ia finishing like that until I became a patron.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Rift Disciple

My artifact tracking charges came back, a day later. I guess i'll use them before they bug out again. anyway, that is one issue solved. on the currency bonus, perhaps I am reading it wrong, but I don't think so. maybe it is just in IAs specifically?
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Rift Disciple

well, I spoke too soon. my artifact tracking charges did come back at 6, so I used 2. this left me with 4. however I looked later and they were again back to 1. so this continues. as for the currency bonus, when I saw that my charges for the artifacts came back, I thought I would try out an IA to see if it was the same. I am now sure that that entry is the bonus, because this time, on my home shard of laethys on my main toons, it was giving me around 30 gold bonus on a 2 plat reward which is indeed around 15%. who knows if this will stay stable, or if my other shards are working correctly.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Rift Disciple

Default currency bonus

well, I checked on my other characters on the other shards besides laethys. they are still getting lower than a 15% bonus. on my greybriar character I was in an IA, and saw the lowest yet: a reward of 1 plat, 71 gold, 26 silver with a bonus of only 7 gold, 28 silver. since the bonus seems okay on my level 65+ characters and not on my level 25-35 characters, perhaps the bonus is scaling by level instead of just applying correctly? no idea what's going on.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Rift Disciple

continued in the IA on my greybriar character, and got:
    #1: reward of 2 plat,71 gold,35 silver with a bonus of only 5 gold, 71 silver
    #2:reward of 2 plat, 40 gold, 55 silver with a bonus of only 8 gold, 88 silver
    these lower than 15% rewards continued as I played more in the IA
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Ok, you're right it's not mob or objective rewards.
    I don't know what the first line is, but I don't think it's the patron bonus though. When you turn in a regular quest, you only get one line, that includes base and bonus.

Have you got any items equipped that would change your bonus up the way - token gear or moneybags trinket - that may alter the stats slightly.

Regarding your artefact tracking pots you may want to submit an in-game ticket as this sounds as though it is not resetting properly every 24 hours.

Rift Disciple

No, no items equipped that would make a difference. And, like I said, I have now done some further testing. it seems that the bonus is applied properly on things like dailies and other quests. this says to me that its a problem specific to instant adventure awards. after more testing it seems to be perhaps a matter of scaling, ie the lower level characters are getting less bonus, vs my 65+ characters getting the 15% and sometimes a bit higher than that, when it should be a flat 15% regardless of level. As for the artifact tracking charges, it continues. the charges change by character, not by server. for example on my main shard, laethys, character #1 logs in and it says 4 charges. character #2 logs in and is down to 3 charge. then character #3 logs in and its up to 7 charges.
    Last edited by Innomorata; 05-06-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

Rift Disciple

Default Customer service response

well I got a cs response on both tickets I submitted. both responses were the same, a form letter response saying they couldn't do anything.
    Vigil- Linn, Nif, Mena

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast