+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Bug Report] Dimension particle effects not working

Default [Bug Report] Dimension particle effects not working

Just going to reiterate what I posted in the dimension section too hopefully get this some better attention: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...t-working.html
    That being said, I'm sure there are much more important bugs that need to be addressed, but wanted to point this one out anyway as there was something I was really looking forward to building.

I've been noticing that Tartaric Braziers and Tenebrean Energy Siphon don't show up. The energy siphon is a new recipe I purchased for 600p only to find out it doesn't show up at all. The braziers I've noticed not working a lot longer where as prior they worked just fine. I thought at first that it was just a relogging issue, but I tried that several times, had guild members enter the guild dimension where I was placing them and they couldn't see them either. I tried a 2nd account and still couldn't see anything. I even thought they got changed to require certain conditions like night only settings or specific sky projectors.

Upon further testing I took the Tenebrean Energy Siphon item to several different empty dimensions and was able to get it working in there. It doesn't show up when you initially put it down. You have to walk over it or move it around a little before the particles show up. I also noticed that it will disappear when you're more than 18meters away from it. I have a few Alittu Energy Siphon Bases that have the exact same effect except they're attached to a base and they don't have any of the same issues. I can see them from a lot further away and they're always there. To reiterate:

- Only works in relatively or completely empty dimensions or in wider open areas. Smaller, cramped or areas with lightning, buildings ect will prevent it from working.
    - Doesn't show up until you place it + move it around a few times.
    - Only has an 18 meter draw distance on it which isn't very far.

Tartaric Braziers - These also only work in empty / mostly empty dimensions, but don't share the last 2 issues posted above.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-02-2018 at 11:22 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Soulwalker

Default Too Much stuff

My own 2 cents here...

The Vostigar DreamWeaver recipes don't seem to show up once you have a lot of stuff in your dim, effects or not. I don't have a number at when/where it happens. I've just happened to notice that they worked until I added a few more items to my dim.

I don't know about the braizers..but the same goes for the planar crafting stations you can have in your dimension. They also stop their effects once one hits a certain dimension item number...
    Check out my full avatar here (and yes I did the artwork myself!).
    Get your game score here!

Default Candle Fire & Snow Terrain Paint

With me its the crafted 'Candle Fire' on fae yule trees, and crafted 'Snow Terrain Paint'. Since I submitted a report on both issues, I've also noticed that the candles on the centre light fitting in 'Stoneflask Tavern' don't always work, but perhaps that's a time of day thing? For what its worth in my opinion these troubles seem to have occurred since the dimension item upgrade, but not being all that technically minded perhaps I'm totally wrong.

I was unfortunate enough to login on Nitemisty and port into the Guild Dimension (Stoneflask Tavern) and to my horror find the item number reading zero, no owner name showing and within seconds kicked from the dimension. I must say at this point I was pretty distressed after trying to get in on other chars and failed. I wrote a ticket, (this was the week the dimension servers were closed down and for good reason) the response was brilliant and the problem solved, I got the guild dimension back but all items in the moving crate, the GM did explain that if they had tried to correct the problem by reinstalling the dimension as was, it could and possibly would cause problems for others who had been working on their dimensions, and perhaps even cause this to happen again. So a little price to pay really. I have since rebuilt the dimension and although I say it myself given it an upgrade. So although I wouldn't wish this to happen to my any of my fellow dimensioneers, you know the old saying "something good comes out of everything bad". Thank you everyone who worked on this problem you're true stars.
    Regards Mrvice
    Vice is Leader of "Greenscale ate my Grandpa" as is Nitemisty Leader of "Defiled" both guilds have moved to Typhiria

Guild Dimensions Grandpa's Rest & Defiled's Home from Home + personal dimensions by both characters pop in anytime.

Thanks to guidance from Arwhen (in another thread), who suggested that with the snow terrain paint it could be my graphic settings. I have checked my settings and I had unchecked projected textures as soon as I reapplied this the snow effect appeared.
    Vice is Leader of "Greenscale ate my Grandpa" as is Nitemisty Leader of "Defiled" both guilds have moved to Typhiria

Guild Dimensions Grandpa's Rest & Defiled's Home from Home + personal dimensions by both characters pop in anytime.

+ Reply to Thread