+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaziran
  • 1 Post By Kaziran

Thread: [Void Touched] buff stops working

Soulwalker

Default [Void Touched] buff stops working

This is about the buff [Void Touched] that is applied after using legendary [Reckless Strike] from the Void Knight soul tree.

The buff is supposed to be refreshed after every non-void knight ability used, but after it gets refreshed this way for the ninth time, it stops working. The buff still appears on the buff bar and counts down normally, but it does not proc to damage foes that attack me, it does not automatically refresh from non-void knight abilities, and it needs to be manually renewed to continue working.

I have tried this on a number of enemies in open world and instances, with and without the eternal weapon (in case it was messing things up), and the result was always the same. The ninth refresh breaks the ability somehow, and it needs to be manually renewed to continue working. The duration the buff was active did not have an effect, it broke on the ninth reset whether I waited 2 seconds between refreshing with non-void knight abilities or 15 seconds. The amount of times it dealt damage to enemies had no effect on it breaking either.

Expected/Observed template:
    The expected outcome is that the ability would keep refreshing as long as non-void knight abilities were used before its 20second timer ran out, similar to how Chloromancer's [Radiant Spores] debuff gets refreshed by casts of [Vile Spores] or [Ruin].

The observed outcome is that after the ninth automatic refresh the ability is different, it no longer procs damage and does not get refreshed any more.

Bug can be reproduced by using legendary [Reckless Strike] ability, then refreshing by using any non-void knight ability. Bug appears after the ninth refresh.
    Last edited by Kaziran; 04-23-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Soulwalker

bumping this since it seems to have been ignored completely the first time around

+ Reply to Thread